• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, the new game show set in a galaxy far, far away, will soon arrive in our own.

Premiering with two full episodes on June 3, 2020, the weekly series tests young Padawans' strength, knowledge, and bravery in a series of trials designed to discover who is capable of becoming a Jedi Knight.

The 10-episode series will debut on StarWarsKids.com and the official Star Wars Kids YouTube channel, which currently host Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventures, Star Wars: The Clone Wars fun facts, craft and drawing tutorials, and several other activities for young fans.

www.starwars.com

Updated: Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge to Debut June 10 on Star Wars Kids

The first-ever Star Wars game show premieres next week.

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this not on Disney+?

No clue; it was originally announced for it, too.

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, an exciting new Disney+ game show set in a galaxy far, far away, will test young contestants' abilities in the core Jedi principles of strength, knowledge, and bravery as they face thrilling and fun obstacles in an attempt to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight! From lightsabers to hyperspace, the Force, and the dark side, Jedi Temple Challenge transports viewers and contestants into the Star Wars galaxy like never before.

The show is hosted by Ahmed Best, who will play a Jedi Master and mentor to the contestants. Known to many fans as Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequels, Best's unique set of skills as an actor, dancer, martial arts expert, STOMP musician, and Star Wars fan make him the perfect choice as the show's host and mentor. Best is joined by a hilarious humanoid droid companion, voiced by Mary Holland (Veep, Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre).

www.starwars.com

Updated: Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge to Debut June 10 on Star Wars Kids

The first-ever Star Wars game show premieres next week.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder if this moving from Disney+ to YouTube has anything to do with the new head of Direct-To-Consumer they promoted

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Got to be the best time growing up a Star Wars fan since the late 70s/early 80s (you know, not considering the whole pandemic).

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season finale is going to be wild

tenor.gif

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this isn't actual show footage, because even the shots of the kids in the challenges feel SUPER scripted. Not at all like watching the same kind of thing in older shows of the same ilk.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they took it off Disney+, but whatev. More that can watch it the merrier.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
If they're not putting this on Disney+ it really makes me think that they don't have much faith in its quality.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that this is not being shot on video, and with such a cinematic style. It makes the cheapness of the sets and obstacles stick out a bit more.

Hopefully there is a challenge where the kids have to put together a Silver Porg.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am kinda surprised at how physical and dangerous some of the challenges look. There are some opportunities for the kids to really eat shit, and they don't have much in the way of protective gear.

I wonder what they mean by saying that the contestants may be "tempted by the dark side"? Will there be an opportunity for players to betray their partner? I'd love to see a kid go full-villain.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda surprised at how physical and dangerous some of the challenges look. There are some opportunities for the kids to really eat shit, and they don't have much in the way of protective gear.

I wonder what they mean by saying that the contestants may be "tempted by the dark side"? Will there be an opportunity for players to betray their partner? I'd love to see a kid go full-villain.

Whatever it actually is it seems like Sam Witwer is voicing it

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is basically Legends of the Hidden Temple + Crystal Maze + Star Wars and I'm down. I don't necessarily go crazy for SW but I love goofy themed gameshows with physical challenges where people race against one another. I'll definitely check out an episode or two.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
How so? It's a cute little game show for kids, with a Star Wars theme.

We had tons of shows like it here in the UK when I was a kid, and they were great.

And it's neat to see Ahmed Best. Dude's looking great.

The main creative behind it, Scott Bromley, watched a ton of UK shows in his planning of the show so it didn't feel like an exact copy of Legends of the Hidden Temple. He talked about it on "The Comedy Button" a couple months ago. This show is his baby as he has always dreamed of doing a kids game show built on physical challenges.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Maybe you the thinking is to put it on YouTube to get as many kids as possible watching it and then put a bunch of Disney+ commercials throughout it.
Maybe, but they could easily just post commercials for D+ in the cartoons that already have on the youtube channel. You don't need to sacrifice original, exclusive content just for marketing.

I guess they want to bump up the profile of the youtube channel, but to what end?

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
The main creative behind it, Scott Bromley, watched a ton of UK shows in his planning of the show so it didn't feel like an exact copy of Legends of the Hidden Temple. He talked about it on "The Comedy Button" a couple months ago. This show is his baby as he has always dreamed of doing a kids game show built on physical challenges.

I didn't even know that! That's freakin' awesome! I'm really hoping the younger audiences enjoy it, because judging by the trailer he's really nailed the feel of those shows I grew up with as a kid.

(Raven and Jungle Run immediately leap to mind)

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, only thing kids today get over 90's Star Wars kids is the tv stuff.
90's and early 2000's had loads of Star Wars video games and more toys.

I remember my brother bringing home, from the mall, a new Kenner Chewbacca action figure. My mind was blown that new Star Wars toys were being made. I quickly amassed a collection.

It's better today. The kids have all the stuff we grew up with plus so much new material including multiple TV Shows. And the cultural acceptance of Star Wars is at all time high. Classmates absolutely rolled their eyes at me back in 95.