• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
986385.gif

tumblr_n3ad8dIShH1qiz4ulo1_500.gifv

PleasedAnnualIndiancow-size_restricted.gif

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this means they have collected enough apes to be released into major population centres for viral marketing.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My expectation/Predictions are:

-Gran turismo Drive (They showed a GT game in 8K I believe in some tv showcase in japan, so this is definitely happening).
-Spider-Man 2 (since they used this game as a SSD loading showcase behind doors, there must be some work done on it on ps5 and they also bought insomniac, so its only natural).
-GoW2 teaser (as in not showing shit, only Kratos talking over some artistic drawings of some vikings landscape art and then some GoW 2 coming soon 2021 only to be delayed to march 2022 of course).
-Uncharted 4 shown running on ps5, maybe with some extra 3-4 hour prologue chapter, and including lost oddysey, if we are lucky we might get the whole uncharted collection 4k/60fps remastered (including uc4).
-Some PS4 games reel "enhanced for free" on ps5, including FFVII, Tlou2, Deathstranding, Horizon, etc (most of these running at 4k/60fps locked).
-Some third party reel, including assasins creed, avengers, cyberpunk and maybe even some snippets of developers talking about how their next games will come to ps5 (duh!).
-Final surprise is Killzone Warfight a free to play (free for early adopters during the first 3 months after ps5 launch) a 300-400 players battle royale fps game.
-If we are lucky we get a RE8 teaser a la kitchen demo with a few snippets of PSVR2.
-And final final final surprise, Final Fantasy VII Remake chapter 2 trailer, which shall say "Play it first on ps5" at the end, followed by a coming 2021 and will include FFVII chapter 1 for free.

And thats it folks.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I understand that people are conservative about what will be shown but man, we waited so long for this event...
Sony doesn't show nothing new in a long long time and I think she know that people are waiting angry for the huge games...
Games that can show what this new consoles are capable off...
the huge backslash made from the first show of Xbox could be a potential point to Sony come huge in this even.

Feb 8, 2018
Realistic expectations:
- Demon's Souls Remake / Whatever Bluepoint is doing
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- one showcase of graphics via Horizon 2 or Spidey 2
- RE 8
- something from Square (FF16 ten seconds teaser)

That's it.

GT7? I think we're lucky if we see it in 2 years and some months at the earliest. I really don't see them rushing a mainline GT to be honest.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Some Cross Buy games also had cross save. It was just up to the developer to implement it.
They could have these features, but they weren't guaranteed and smart delivery tackles the distribution aswell.
Yes I want to see the new games and Console design, but also desperately want to see Sony talk about how they are going to make PS NOW better.
They are in talks with Microsoft and having the backend should help a lot.
Not really. Sony's CEO said that they plan to unveil a compelling lineup. That's a fairly strong word, but even in worst case that's more than two.
It's more than two, but I think his point was about the titles dante listed. Expecting more than two of these is unrealistic imo. Obviously Sony will show more than two games, but I would temper my expectations, while still being excited about the show. That way you rarely get disappointed imo.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. What are the conditions? I'll bet there will not be more than 3 new AAA 1st party games but I don't know how you want to define AAA and 1st party.
For "3 new AAA", are we talking about new IP? Sony doesn't use the term "2nd party" for collaborations. So any collaborations that will be at the event will be consider 1st party, i.e: Sony Japan x Level 5 or From, etc. When it comes to defining AAA, i don't know lol.

Last edited:

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
- Uncharted 4 shown running on ps5, maybe with some extra 3-4 hour prologue chapter, and including lost oddysey, if we are lucky we might get the whole uncharted collection 4k/60fps remastered (including uc4).
5 Uncharted games with 4k texture packs, say goodbye to the half of your ps5 storage at launch 😅

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For "3 new AAA", are we talking about new IP? For Sony, they don't use the term "2nd party" for collaborations. So any collaborations that will be at the event will be consider 1st party, i.e: Sony Japan x Level 5 or From, etc. When it comes to defining AAA, i don't know lol.
Both a big sequel or a new IP (if it is clearly meant to be on the level of GOW, Horizon, TLOU, etc.) Instead of 1st party we can say exclusive (not timed). And with AAA... if GG announces Horizon 2 that is AAA, but if they announce Rigs 2 that is not AAA. I'm thinking of the headliner type games. I would say Gravity Rush 3 is not AAA, but Last Guardian 2 is AAA. Somewhere between those two games is the line imo.

I know my use of AAA is a little ridiculous there :P

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
My 2 cent prediction (trying to keep my expectations as low as possible):

PS5 Support Montage (while showing off their Studios range):
Naughty Dog: The Last of Us Part 2 [PS5 Enhanced]
Santa Monica: God of War [PS5 Enhanced]
Sucker Punch: GOT [PS5 Enhanced]
Bend Studio: Days Gone [PS5 Enhanced]
Pixelopus: Concrete Genie [PS5 Enhanced]
Mm: Dreams [PS5 Enhanced]
Others include: Horizon, Spider-Man, MLB20, GTS and couple of PSVR Games.

PlayStation Studios PS5 Exclusives Showing:
Polyphony: Gran Turismo 7 Reveal
Guerrilla Games: Horizon 2 Reveal
Insomniac: Spider-Man 2 Tease
SIE Japan: Ape Escape?
San Diego: New IP?
Mystery San Diego Studio/Team?: Uncharted Prequel
London Studio: PSVR2 Game Demo Tease [Blood & Truth Sequel]

3rd Party/Partners:
Sony/Bluepoint Games: Demon Souls Remake
Konami/SIE Japan: Silent Hill
Activision/Treyarch: Black Ops Cold War
Gearbox/Counterplay: Godfall
Blizzard: Diablo 4
WB/Avalanche: Wizarding World (this or Batman by Montreal, one of them is gotta give)
Bethesda: Starfield
Capcom: Resident Evil VIII

My Dark Horses:
-Bloodborne Director's Cut [PS5 Port]
-The Order 1886 Sequel/Successor?
-AGENT

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

-Gran turismo Drive (They showed a GT game in 8K I believe in some tv showcase in japan, so this is definitely happening).
-Spider-Man 2 (since they used this game as a SSD loading showcase behind doors, there must be some work done on it on ps5 and they also bought insomniac, so its only natural).
-GoW2 teaser (as in not showing shit, only Kratos talking over some artistic drawings of some vikings landscape art and then some GoW 2 coming soon 2021 only to be delayed to march 2022 of course).
-Uncharted 4 shown running on ps5, maybe with some extra 3-4 hour prologue chapter, and including lost oddysey, if we are lucky we might get the whole uncharted collection 4k/60fps remastered (including uc4).
-Some PS4 games reel "enhanced for free" on ps5, including FFVII, Tlou2, Deathstranding, Horizon, etc (most of these running at 4k/60fps locked).
-Some third party reel, including assasins creed, avengers, cyberpunk and maybe even some snippets of developers talking about how their next games will come to ps5 (duh!).
-Final surprise is Killzone Warfight a free to play (free for early adopters during the first 3 months after ps5 launch) a 300-400 players battle royale fps game.
-If we are lucky we get a RE8 teaser a la kitchen demo with a few snippets of PSVR2.
-And final final final surprise, Final Fantasy VII Remake chapter 2 trailer, which shall say "Play it first on ps5" at the end, followed by a coming 2021 and will include FFVII chapter 1 for free.

And thats it folks.

Did you try to make this as bad as possible? You succeeded. Oh you will never be enable to answer this!

GT7? I think we're lucky if we see it in 2 years and some months at the earliest. I really don't see them rushing a mainline GT to be honest.

They take a long time for ONE game and now almost everyone assumes they need 5 or 6 years per project?

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My 2 cent prediction (trying to keep my expectations as low as possible):

PS5 Support Montage (while showing off their Studios range):
Naughty Dog: The Last of Us Part 2 [PS5 Enhanced]
Santa Monica: God of War [PS5 Enhanced]
Sucker Punch: GOT [PS5 Enhanced]
Bend Studio: Days Gone [PS5 Enhanced]
Pixelopus: Concrete Genie [PS5 Enhanced]
Mm: Dreams [PS5 Enhanced]
Others include: Horizon, Spider-Man, MLB20, GTS and couple of PSVR Games.

PlayStation Studios PS5 Exclusives Showing:
Polyphony: Gran Turismo 7 Reveal
Guerrilla Games: Horizon 2 Reveal
Insomniac: Spider-Man 2 Tease
SIE Japan: Ape Escape?
San Diego: New IP?
Mystery San Diego Studio/Team?: Uncharted Prequel
London Studio: PSVR2 Game Demo Tease [Blood & Truth Sequel]

3rd Party/Partners:
Sony/Bluepoint Games: Demon Souls Remake
Konami/SIE Japan: Silent Hill
Activision/Treyarch: Black Ops Cold War
Gearbox/Counterplay: Godfall
Blizzard: Diablo 4
WB/Avalanche: Wizarding World (this or Batman by Montreal, one of them is gotta give)
Bethesda: Starfield
Capcom: Resident Evil VIII

My Dark Horses:
-Bloodborne Director's Cut [PS5 Port]
-The Order 1886 Sequel/Successor?
-AGENT
No way we are getting anything psvr2 related, that isn't coming out for a year or two and they don't want to mix up their messaging.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, why would Sony show the superior version of TLOU2 right before they start to sell the "lesser" one? Makes no sense.
I don't think they'll show beat by beat, just confirm that it's happening and that's it. If people hold off, that's more power to Sony because it means more potential PS5 sales.
No way we are getting anything psvr2 related, that isn't coming out for a year or two and they don't want to mix up their messaging.
Probably why I put demo tease :)
It's just to show off the power of PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Both a big sequel or a new IP (if it is clearly meant to be on the level of GOW, Horizon, TLOU, etc.) Instead of 1st party we can say exclusive (not timed). And with AAA... if GG announces Horizon 2 that is AAA, but if they announce Rigs 2 that is not AAA. I'm thinking of the headliner type games. I would say Gravity Rush 3 is not AAA, but Last Guardian 2 is AAA. Somewhere between those two games is the line imo.

I know my use of AAA is a little ridiculous there :P
So, just to be clear, you're saying they won't show more than 3 AAA exclusives (including 3rd party)?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Is there any sort of credence to these Jak rumours?

I mean, 4chan I know I know and it only seems like the tabloid esque sites have been reporting on it.

I've instantly dismissed it as being false, I can't bring myself to get even remotely excited for a remake knowing it's not happening.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
My expectations are extremely conservative. I think Sony have plenty of announcements to make but they won't have much to show from their first-party stable. I expect one of Gran Turismo or Horizon, probably not both, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw neither. Maybe we get logos for Spider-Man or God of War. Typical third-party partners sans Assassin's Creed will appear in some form, albeit much diminished from the vertical slices we've come to expect from E3.

50/50 on price and date. Without E3, Sony (and MS) can afford to be a lot more restrained about releasing that info, and they will probably welcome the breathing room given the supply chain disruptions and global recession. Remember that Nintendo announced the Switch date and price a couple months ahead of launch -- there is precedent for waiting.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
This will be Hermens first big event and it immediately is a very big one. Also first time a Dutch person will have such a huge role in a gaming event. As a fellow Dutchy, that is kinda cool!

I love Mr Hulst, so hopefully he's there front and centre. Better him than any 'suit'.

I just want Silent Hill and Horizon/graphical showcase with some interesting indies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Probably why I put demo tease :)
It's just to show off the power of PS5.
Yeah but again you are talking about a product that they aren't ready to announce and will mess up their messaging for ps5.

Once they are ready to announce psvr2 they will show actual stuff for it but until then, the very best you can hope for is something like a PS5 patch for astro bot and even then they won't be able to show the difference it can make without you actually using a psvr.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
My predictions:

Console HW reveal
Plenty of new games announced (at least 5)
No price and no release date
UI and services first look (Creat feature explained in detail)