Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I knew they'd rebrand PSNow and merge it with higher priced Plus tier eventually. I don't expect day one first party but I expect at least day one indie games and a much more expanded library of classic games.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
OH..WELL

I guess it's sustainable now

Sony IMO has a bigger library than MS for there own Gamepass service. Also seeing how Nintendo is raking in millions on old catalog of games on the NSO service got them thinking give it a shot and see how it goes. I don't expect Sony 1st parties to release on Spartacus at launch, more like 6 months later

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No PS3? Does it just not exist? Also, they have a lot of work to do on the PS2 emulation on PS5 to make it anywhere near acceptable.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not seeing how this is a Gamepass competitor? It seems more like what Nintendo is doing by bringing along the back catalog in a higher priced retro tier service

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
If it doesn't include new games, and it doesn't sound like any tier of it will, then I'm not sure what the point is outside of rebranding their existing efforts into one tiered system.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
They legitimately don't need another one. The subscription service wars are so awful.
Not necessarily. I subscribe to many services, and as long as there is value (or significant convenience) to me and my family then I will keep them. In many cases I am spending less than I would otherwise while also gaining convenience of immediate access. If that is awful, then so be it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Phasing out the PlayStation Now branding. It was only a matter of time. That service has been a damp drop in the ocean for years.

Details on Spartacus may still not be finalized, but documentation reviewed by Bloomberg outlines a service with three tiers. The first would include existing PlayStation Plus benefits. The second would offer a large catalog of PlayStation 4 and, eventually, PlayStation 5 games. The third tier would add extended demos, game streaming and a library of classic PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games. A representative for PlayStation didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

So:

Tier one: PS+ as it is now
Tier two: PS+ and PS Now-like downloads bundle
Tier three: PS+, PS Now downloads and streaming, demos, classic games

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
If BC is paywalled behind a subscription a la Nintendo's bullshit that would be a big disappointment.

I think its inevitable though that subscription services will continue to crop up. (Successful and retentive) Recurring revenue streams are like crack for shareholders.

Also Vita games should be in that tier dammit! At least the vita TV whitelisted ones.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no interest in GamePass or this. My dream would be this existing and online would be free but alas

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah, this seems like the right way to tackle this. Sony knows as well as anyone that there's value in a big library - and they can absolutely put together a package that is worth paying for. The question is if it completes with Microsoft's offer, which stands to be enormous for the coming generation. They've got a slate of AAA-studios with numerous GOTY nominees on their resume, and a constant flow of resources.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Phasing out the PlayStation Now branding. It was only a matter of time. That service has been a damp drop in the ocean for years.

So:

Tier one: PS+ as it is now
Tier two: PS+ and PS Now downloads bundle
Tier three: PS+, PS Now, demos, streaming, classic games
Yeah now this all makes sense

Jun 20, 2021
It won't have first party games at launch so it ain't the same as Game Pass at all, just a slightly better version of PS Now.

Oct 27, 2017
I cant see them putting their first party stuff on there like MS does, its how they make their exclusive bread and butter but I would love to be wrong.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If the PS1/PS2 games are native then I really hope you can buy them separately.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh is it like how Nintendo does their thing? If so, they should let you buy the legacy games... I need more details on how this whole affair.

Bluprintz

Oct 29, 2017
What do you think happens to the existing paid months/years if your ps+ and ps now accounts?