Status
Not open for further replies.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You would think with them making higher profits than ever they could afford to fund some riskier projects. The rampant consolidation is unnecessary.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Plz now Remake of TLOU 1.

Days Gone deserves a sequel.
C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they do that to Bend after Days Gone's success? What the hell?

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
E: I see that a thread about this article has already been posted. Could a mod close this one please?

Jason Schreier has a new article here with some insight into Sony's internal dev teams.

The biggest surprise to me is that they're remaking TLoU - the game isn't that old and doesn't need a remake, that seems bizarre to me. Make some new stuff!

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They wanted to remake a 2013 game in 2018?

Sony have lost their minds, that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard

Make new games, or if you must remake stuff, remake old stuff you weridos

Jun 15, 2020
Wow. I knew some fans (including me) weren't real pleased, but I didn't know things were uneasy in their studios. Surprised about that Bend news.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of a Last of Us remake is absurd, and it still seems to be alive with ND helping out on it now. The PS4 remaster holds up perfectly fine.

Days Gone 2 getting killed is surprising as well considering it had a lot of potential for a sequel, and was profitable.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I'm not shocked at this report, we've seen many traits of late that reflect the old "arrogant Sony"

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This should be good. Reading now.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it rains etc

Things are getting troublesome for Sony.

Also I guess this confirms a new uncharted.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Why on earth are they remaking TLoU, that is the most asinine waste of resources ever. All that talent that could be put to use making something new.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
The idea that they are taking less risks and trying to deliver only "hits" is depressing by itself. Remaking TLOU is just absurd. Playstation wtf.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
A Last of Us Remake is such a bewildering idea it's kind of fascinating. What was that pitch meeting like.

Oct 27, 2017
Remake of last of us? Who asked for this?

You would think with them making higher profits than ever they could afford to fund some riskier projects.

They have been funding new IPs in the last decade or so. Maybe now they are changing their strategy with sequels only and riskier projects will get lesser budgets. Not a fan of just doing sequels as with MS they basically nearly killed Halo and Gears by releasing too many sequels.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm crazy, but this doesn't really seem like Sony killing smaller studios, but Sony killing unnecessary projects.

Days Gone 2 is arguable, but a TLOU 1 remake? What for? It's one of the weirdest ideas I've heard, it's a game that sure, it's two gens away right now, but holds up 100%.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
This is such shit news, and my continued disillusionment with Sonys current leadership and strategy has saddened me to no end. Bend, Japan Studio, and TIX deserved better than another Last of Us remake

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's a wrap for Wipeout in the foreseeable future, I guess.

1995 - 2017

Rest easy, king.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you remake TLOU? It still looks great and would look even better with a PS5 patch to enable native 4K 60.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie...kinda crazy if the performance of DG for a new IP is not good enough to let the studio continue and work on a better sequel.

Damn.

Considering the profits Sony made last gen its bit weird how the trigger happy they are when it comes to shutdown studios or projects. Guess these games are considered a bad look nowadays compared to GoW, Spiderman and Naughty Dogs games ?

Edit.

Makes you wonder if these projects/devs would still exist if Sony wasnt spending so much money on timed exclusives. Keeping stuff like 7R or FFXVI from even the PC for such a long time cant be cheap.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
No Days Gone 2? This is a cruel world. Bend deserves so much more than becoming Naughty Dog North...

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Sony really isn't hitting many right notes for me so far this gen.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Their first party output has been pretty lame for the last generation, the stuff I always loved were the more experimental IPs Sony have, and they've just been laid to waste in favor for chasing blockbusters.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn, sony is fucking up.

I'm a huge sony fan and it just feels like missteps, I mean days gone did good and it can't get a sequel? thats nuts. Even crazier is TLOU1 getting remade already.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The idea of a Last of Us remake is absurd, and it still seems to be alive with ND helping out on it now. The PS4 remaster holds up perfectly fine.

Days Gone 2 getting killed is surprising as well considering it had a lot of potential for a sequel, and was profitable.
Not only helping. ND is leading the project

Some baffling decisions here

Status
Not open for further replies.