• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Please, soon! Xbox has been killing it with everything lately and Sony being dead silent about pretty much everything outside of basic specs is frustrating. Granted, right now it's understandable but still.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hype, why is everyone concerned PlayStation hasn't showed the PS5 yet. Remember they didn't show the PS4 console til June. And look how that turned out they dominated the whole Gen.
It's not about the look of the PS5 itself, just information surrounding the PS5 and its games entirely. We've yet to see any PS5 games beyond Godfall, know nothing (officially) about what games Sony is working on, nothing about its system features, we don't know if Sony will be supporting something like Microsoft's smart-delivery, no idea what type of enhancements to expect of the PS4's biggest hits on PS5.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
What big third party games can we expect? Sounds like Microsoft got Cyberpunk and Elden Ring, which are two of the games I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully it's more than just COD or typical annual franchises.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What big third party games can we expect? Sounds like Microsoft got Cyberpunk and Elden Ring, which are two of the games I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully it's more than just COD or typical annual franchises.

Probably Call of Duty and Street Fighter again. Nothing exciting, especially since Square won't have anything meaningful to show for at least another year.

Oct 24, 2019
I predict we'll see the following games at Sony's event:

1. Demon's Souls Remake from Bluepoint
2. Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac
3. Silent Hill from Japan Studio
4. Resident Evil 8 from Capcom
5. Either Batman from WB Montreal or Rocksteady's DC game (whichever one doesn't appear at the Xbox event, since I think WB will split them up)
6. Horizon 2 from Guerilla
7. New IP from Housemarque
8. New IP from Arrowhead
9. Gran Turismo from Polyphony
10. New Crash game from Vicarious Visions

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019

5. Either Batman from WB Montreal or Rocksteady's DC game (whichever one doesn't appear at the Xbox event, since I think WB will split them up)
8. New IP from Arrowhead
Isn't Batman current gen?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
After so many shitty news in the past few weeks/months. I can finally see the light

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020

8. New IP from Arrowhead
A bit weak on the third party front, but first party looks great if this is how it plays out! I wonder if we will see a re-release of Spiderman too. That was such a huge success I would expect them to re-release it with additional content. They did show off the power of the SSD with Spiderman so maybe there was something to that.

fadeawayjae

May 31, 2019
It's not about the look of the PS5 itself, just information surrounding the PS5 and its games entirely. We've yet to see any PS5 games beyond Godfall, know nothing (officially) about what games Sony is working on, nothing about its system features, we don't know if Sony will be supporting something like Microsoft's smart-delivery, no idea what type of enhancements to expect of the PS4's biggest hits on PS5.
Will knowing that information now or a month from now matter when the console itself still not releasing a half a year from now? I know you guys are eager to know more info as do I, but people acting like doom and gloom that they are not saying anything is ridiculous. They know what they are doing *see info drops on the just the logo and controller alone* the hype is there and more people will get PS5s than XBOX forsure.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hype, why is everyone concerned PlayStation hasn't showed the PS5 yet.

Its less concern, and more thirst tbh. People want it now, because we've been teased for the past few months, especially by "insiders", that the event was coming soon and it never happened. And now with the quarantine and everything, people just want to see the thing so we can start speculating and etc.

Any "concern" is probably BS. COVID-19 most likely changed a lot of plans, for Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, and tons of third party publishers and developers. It is what it is.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Jason Schreier single-handedly outdoing Sony's marketing team right now. Loving the radio silence from Sony.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
I hope it's super late like September so I can watch people loose their fucking mind and go batshit crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
June is around the corner so this is pretty obvious.

Can't wait to see Sony first party games on PS5 and how they will look like.