• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Irrespective of whether he has Insiders or not, this is (and I think he's said something to this effect) probably just a reasonable thing to assume about a game without a firm 2021 release date, and even a lot of games with a firm 2021 release date. Pandemic innit

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
The Gotys will be very interesting next year (2022): Botw 2, God of war 2, Starfield...

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Obviously, MS is not gonna release Halo, FH5 and Starfield in 3 months. I'm expecting spring 2022.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
I take everything 'insiders' say with a grain of salt these days. They are more often wrong then not, take this week for example. Supposed to be a jam packed week of gaming megatons...right ?

It may come out this year, it may not. Either way we will know in a few weeks.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
I still believe. Schreier has been blacklisted for years from Bethesda, I assume this is more of an educational guess than inside info.
That just means he doesn't get the party line from the horses mouth. Jasons contacts are all embittered developers, not PR flacks. Probably. Maybe. He certainly gets more interesting stories.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully we can at least see what it is this year though.

This. A gameplay trailer is more than enough for 2021, for me.

Just assume that all your hopes and dreams for 2021 have died and that real life won't restart until 2022 and you'll not be far wrong.

If true it just means MS will blow more money securing AAA gamepass titles for Gamepass, so it's a win, win.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way Microsoft would release something as big as Starfield within a month of Halo Infinite. Halo is November to coincide with the anniversary of Combat Evolved.

First half of 2022 is a best case scenario.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way the first big game from this deal is going to be a buggy mess that they crunch to hit Christmas.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think everyone but the most optimistic fans already called this. It's rare to see a game release within a year of the first footage shown. It's even rarer to see a game release within 6 months of the first footage shown. And we haven't seen any footage yet.

I enjoy talking about games, and I enjoy talking about upcoming games, but there is a cut off.

If there is literally no substance or content released to talk about, and all we have is a logo...it exists in a "Future hopes, dreams and promises" bucket, and I don't care. Or at least, I care as much about it as the next Half Life game, or what Insomniac are making 2 games from now.

Even Eldan Ring has shown/leaked SOMETHING, and I'm not expecting it any time soon.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't even think it would release next year, crazy people thought it could release this year.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Disappointing if true. Does that mean Series X/S will have just Halo Infinite as a major exclusive im 2021? I still hope for some surprises on E3. But if we're once again asked to "keep expectations in check" and that "Game Pass is the exclusive" - I'll be very disappointed.

But, let's wait and see. I'm still hopeful.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If it does release in 2021, I expect it to be in pretty undercooked state. It will come down to just how much does MS need this year to pack the game schedule.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah this year has been a wash for new releases mostly and I'm not expecting it to pick up massively for the rest of 2021. Hoping E3 delivers a few nice surprises at least.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Other insiders were saying that MS was trying to have it out this year. Not that it was 100% 2021. If it needs to be delayed it'll get delayed.

Yeah, the only thing that started this stupid 2021 thing was 'Microsoft want it out in 2021'.

It's nice to want. Bethesda will finish it when it's finished.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm going to assume any game that doesn't have at least 2 different gameplay trailers is more than a year out.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
It is a Bethesda game, so it will release 2 years after it is sold to consumers.

Yeah, the only thing that started this stupid 2021 thing was 'Microsoft want it out in 2021'.

It's nice to want. Bethesda will finish it when it's finished.
Just like Sony wants GoW 2 in 2021, just like they wanted UC 4 in 2015, and how MS wanted Halo in 2020. I don't even know why people pay attention to 'wants'.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
www.resetera.com

In 2021, assume that no release dates or windows are certain

A friendly PSA from your friendly press sneak fuck: if you see headlines like "Halo Infinite delayed out of 2021???" or "Jason Schreier says BOTW2 coming this fall?!?!?!" or really anything involving game release dates that are more than a month or two away, ignore them. During the pandemic...

58h4hm.jpg

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Looks like he's speculating. We have multiple insiders saying they are trying for this year. Whether it makes it or not is different.

Jun 20, 2018
Perhaps not a huge surprise, although would have made a really good holiday line up for Series X. Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 should be enough to keep the sales hype going though.

Turbocharge

Sep 28, 2020
We're heard nothing about this game apart from the name. Honestly, I'm baffled by anyone who is disappointed to not be receiving a game this year that they know nothing about. Save your excitement until you know what it is.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Disappointing if true. Does that mean Series X/S will have just Halo Infinite as a major exclusive im 2021? I still hope for some surprises on E3. But if we're once again asked to "keep expectations in check" and that "Game Pass is the exclusive" - I'll be very disappointed.

But, let's wait and see. I'm still hopeful.

horizon 5 is rumoured too.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
well it's 2021 and pandemic.
better to expect games to really come out once they are one week away.

we will be lucky if we get a trailer.

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I wouldn't have expected it in 2021. COVID-19 would have impacted development, also with the shortage of GPUs and new consoles it might be best waiting till 2022 for a major new IP as it allows time for more people to get their hands on a new console or more powerful GPU to take advantage of any new features.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
It's fine. Halo Infinite coming in Fall will be big enough. Hopfully Microsoft have some surprises at E3, because 2021 in general seems weak for the Xbox platform. We Got The Medium so far and we have Psychonauts 2, Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite coming for big releases, which still feels a little light unless I'm missing anything major?

Edit: Oh and rumors towards a new Forza as well.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Answered how I thought he would and it's the same question i posted in the resetera AMA thread.
How much does it suck that this forum and websites write articles and make threads after every time you open your mouth and say anything.

that must be super annoying.

Reading comprehension is a lost art. He was obviously making an educated guess

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if it's early 2022, I can wait for it.

That being not going to take his word as law, things can change.