• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Wait, I somehow had in memory that Niche-Man was super successful in Japan and set the record, but it's only place 6.
Its opening sales weren't as high but it ended up beating Gran Turismo Sport, Bloodborne, TLOU2 and Death Stranding LT thanks to way better legs. Now Ghost of Tsushima looks to beat them all by a landslide. The only SIE-published games that may give it trouble are Minecraft and the Black Ops titles.

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
That only makes the case for physical games even stronger. Even with bargain bin physical games, and a much bigger overall sales volume, they are valued higher than digital games.
It doesn't. It means that the difference of revenue doesn't come from cheap padding as you've said since both retail and digital sales can be sold at bargain bin price. The difference of revenue is much more attributed to collector's edition than anything else.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't. It means that the difference of revenue doesn't come from cheap padding as you've said since both retail and digital sales can be sold at bargain bin price. The difference of revenue is much more attributed to collector's edition than anything else.

But digital games also have those ridiculously expensive editions. I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure GOT has one of those too, and I'm pretty sure most people ignored it because it's fucking stupid. It's not the pricing, it's what people value.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Egypt was great but they should have gone to Japan instead of Greece for the follow up.
I think China would still be a good option and different enough.

No one ever says India or South Asia. Untapped potential that always gets ignored

The people, culture, fashion, religion, geography. It's a damn shame not a single game fleshes out that setting

Feb 1, 2018
Game is the most fun I've ever had with an open world game since The Witcher 3. Well deserved SP! Can't wait to see what these guys will do on PS5, just imagine.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
No one ever says India or South Asia. Untapped potential that always gets ignored

The people, culture, fashion, religion, geography. It's a damn shame not a single game fleshes out that setting

You know what? You are absolutely right!

South Asia an India would be a great and not that obvious setting!

I hope they do it one day!