Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When it said she went to the hospital I got even more confused until I realized it was for a panic attack. That's pretty messed up. I guess confirmation of the hospital visit coinciding with whatever party he was having would be a main point.

Oct 25, 2017
16 years and to file a police report on a case that is barred by limitations? Curious. I wonder if she tried to get money out of him and he thought he called her bluff. Very interested to see if there are medical records that do corroborate at least her medical stay or emails or pics that put her and he together on the night in question. Regardless, I hope for her sake she is prepared for the return fire on this, he seems ready to fight back. Going to be ugly.

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Foxx has a history of this hopefully other people come out and corroborate that he acts like a piece of shit.

If he's innocent he should destroy her with a law suit as badly as he can.

Unless someone recorded this and kept the video a secret for years there won't be any evidence. The closest thing would be her emailing/texting someone about it 16 years ago and still having the record of that message.
Something like that would be enough to start taking it seriously. Unfortunately it's impossible to just take anyone at their word. Also, unless I'm missing something, I've never heard that Jamie Foxx was. Bad guy at all.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about this. I am not trying to make light of this situation. If this is true, he really is a jerk and should be punished/apologize and try to make up for it

I am a male, and lets say I was at a party. A girl gets drunk/wild and flashes the chest in my direction (Or a guy drops his pants in my direction). Is that something that I could consider sexual assault? I am not saying this happened to me, or that I would report it because I don't feel it would scar me, but I am curious where the line is drawn on "This is assault"

Again, not making light of sexual assault. No one of any age, race or gender should ever be subjected to such things, just looking for clarity on the social definition

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about this. I am not trying to make light of this situation. If this is true, he really is a jerk and should be punished/apologize and try to make up for it

I am a male, and lets say I was at a party. A girl gets drunk/wild and flashes the chest in my direction (Or a guy drops his pants in my direction). Is that something that I could consider sexual assault? I am not saying this happened to me, or that I would report it because I don't feel it would scar me, but I am curious where the line is drawn on "This is assault"

Again, not making light of sexual assault. No one of any age, race or gender should ever be subjected to such things, just looking for clarity on the social definition
i believe she would have to threaten violence with her breasts for it to be assault, and actually strike you with them for it to be battery

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure about assault, maybe harassment.

happibivouac

Jun 1, 2018
Massachusetts

From the DoJ: "The term "sexual assault" means any nonconsensual sexual act proscribed by Federal, tribal, or State law, including when the victim lacks capacity to consent."

I suppose your example would fall under sexual harassment, though there may be other nuances that come with it, like them making some sort of clear indication that they are aggressively trying to be sexual with you.

The only reason I say this is because streakers and flashers at Mardi Gras don't get charged with sexual assault. Someone here must have some kind of better understanding of the law that could shed better light.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about we take this to court first? Yeesh
Can't anymore. The only court this will play out in is the court of public opinion. The only way this will negatively impact him is if other women come forward with similar stories, which has been how so many other celebrities have been taken down outside of an actual court.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was more details. Jamie wouldn't even remember this, he was such a bad alcoholic Oprah had an intervention for him. There should definitely be more accusers.
16 years and to file a police report on a case that is barred by limitations? Curious. I wonder if she tried to get money out of him and he thought he called her bluff. Very interested to see if there are medical records that do corroborate at least her medical stay or emails or pics that put her and he together on the night in question. Regardless, I hope for her sake she is prepared for the return fire on this, he seems ready to fight back. Going to be ugly.
She knew about the SOL being up, she put this out there so that more women, if any, could come forward.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Let's say you were at a party and a guy tried to shove his penis in your mouth. Then when you declined he slapped you in the face with it. Do you see how that's different from being flashed?

JaMarco

Jan 14, 2018
Interesting that he's suing her for making a false claim as I don't recall other accused celebs doing that/succeeding.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the DoJ: "The term "sexual assault" means any nonconsensual sexual act proscribed by Federal, tribal, or State law, including when the victim lacks capacity to consent."

I suppose your example would fall under sexual harassment, though there may be other nuances that come with it, like them making some sort of clear indication that they are aggressively trying to be sexual with you.

The only reason I say this is because streakers and flashers at Mardi Gras don't get charged with sexual assault. Someone here must have some kind of better understanding of the law that could shed better light.
From what I understand, assault is either bodily contact with intent to harm or if the victim fears bodily contact. So swinging and missing a punch to someone's head can still be assault in some States.

The streaker is just nude and isn't attempting sexual/bodily harm on anyone. If streaker grabs your head and shoves it into her cleavage, that would be assault.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
It's easy to sue someone for something that happened 16 years ago because of course she has no proof. Jamie is doing this to protect himself. I mean honestly this isn't hard to believe at all.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you everyone that replied with some clarification!

Let's say you were at a party and a guy tried to shove his penis in your mouth. Then when you declined he slapped you in the face with it. Do you see how that's different from being flashed?
I do see the difference, and I was not trying to imply that they were the same. I was just curious at what point can I saw it was assault vs harassment

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder that a person doesn't need to take sides when dealing with a case like this that has as little proof one way or another.

Adults can and should be mature enough to not think positively or negatively about either party until more concrete information comes forth.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean after the Aziz Ansari thing I just don't know if these things are as career killers as before.
Aziz only had one person come forward and he owed up to it. Hoffman had one, Depp had one. Etc.

Typically if it's one, people are more forgiving and can brush past it.

The ones who typically lose thier career are ones with video or audio proof or were a line of women are waiting