Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i hope james woods is right below alex jones on that slope

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Nah. It's just a gentle rolling meadow. Deplatforming neo-Nazis and dangerous conspiracy theorists is basically the extent of the slope.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
I love how they equate being banned from social platforms as being banned from the internet.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Free speech IS important. Free speech to say hate-filled, hurtful, antagonizing, made up bullshit conspiracy is NOT a loss since it adds nearly nothing at all of value.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
big_1472925353_image.jpg

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't banned from the internet, if he wants to create his own platform he can do that. Companies have no obligation to carry material that is in clear violation of their TOS.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I don't know who Alex Jones is, or ever heard anything he has said, so I'm in no way able to offer an informed decision. With that said let me tell you why you're wrong.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see, B rate actor, extremely shitty hot takes on Twitter, absolute moron, say hello to the 2024 gop candidate for president.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
How about we judge actions on their individual merit instead of pretending everything exists on some imaginary slope.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
He's not banned from the Internet.

He's banned from social media platforms whose EULA he broke with his behavior.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"Social media has been banning people who break their TOS for years, but applying that standard consistently will silence some super-popular conspiracy theorists and Nazis."

...and?

Social media giants aren't run by the government, slander, libel, and incitations to violence are not protected speech even if they were.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
at least when james woods tweets in defense of alex jones that just means he's not out there trying to pick up 16 year olds

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He isn't "banned from the internet," he's banned from popular mainstream sites. He's free to spew his nonsense from the fringes through whatever extremist sites will accept him.

Honestly, this is no different from the way major television networks wouldn't host programs headlined by white supremacists or religious fundamentalists and... oh... right...

Well, most major networks wouldn't do that.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I know nothing about him but I won't let that stop me sharing my opinion about him"

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
The beginning of fascism, says the supporter of fascism, in a country with a literal fascist as president. Go fuck yourself, Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.