• Trunks

Votes: 671 54.4%
  • No Trunks

Votes: 562 45.6%

• Total voters

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
There does need to be some of red contrast in the middle. Trunks or figure out some sort of alternative.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Trunks.

And it's not even close. :)

latest

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind no trunks but there needs to be a red belt.

Trunks looks a bit too old fashioned strong man, depends on the design I guess.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like the trunks but there have been some great versions without them so I'm fine either way. The costume he had during the Rebirth era right before adding them back was a perfect trunkless version.
cover-of-superman-20.jpeg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just so I'm reading this important poll correctly....

It'd basically be Superman in a cape but completely nude under the cape?

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The trunks feel old fashioned, I think that look is very dated and reminds me of an era we are actively trying to leave behind. I don't know if an old timey Boy Scout Superman is going to do really well in today's market tbh. But that's another topic.

I love the collar and red belt look from the more recent comic runs. It feels slick, contemporary and I don't think it is incompatible with a more wholesome Superman portrayal.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd accept no trunks if we're talking Rebirth Superman. Otherwise, trunks.

Fn5iEanXgAAvGzM

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I say trunks. Embrace the character and who he is. His history, his legacy. It's the freaking title. There's nothing "old fashioned" about Superman as a character, at least there shouldn't be. The things he stands for are all still modern ideals and frankly things we could use more of in the modern world. Compassion, kindness, honesty, truth, justice, these are all important factors. And no, I'm not saying the past had more of these, most of the veneer of those things in the past were false, but the solution to that isn't to stop striving for them.

OP
OP
ZW33

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT IS THIS? WHAT HAVE I MISSED???? OMG WHAT?!?!?!!??

It's from the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event from a few years ago.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
what issue/series is this, i wanna read it for the art alone

Dan Mora is indeed an incredible artist

It's from Waid/Mora's new book World's Finest

It takes place in the "near past" so there's little tie in to event stuff, and Dick is still Robin. i imagine this is the vibe we'll get in the new DCU

1d24ca0d-8b7e-4f67-9a6d-579e0c954140.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
It's from the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event from a few years ago.

- YouTube

- YouTube

Trunks all the freaking way, stop being such cowards about it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzkIJ-xKsyU

The CW had a multiverse special and brought back Brandon Routh to be Kingdom Come/late Reeve era Superman

The ended up giving him the best Superman costume ever

Routh2-1.jpg

brandon-routh-tyler-hoechlin.gif

I vaguely remember this now but since I never watched any of the DC shows I pushed it to the back of the line in my mind.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
God people need to stop doing fucking twitter polls for deciding things. Reminds me of elons stupid ass non stop polling. Twitter is not a reliable at all for census gathering. its a stupid website run by a maga billionarie. Literally let the costume designers do their job and actual researchers

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer when Boringman is capable of wearing his underwear as underwear. So no trunks.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
We need the trunks, the last movie Superman didn't have trunks and as such, it's time to bring them back!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
God people need to stop doing fucking twitter polls for deciding things. Reminds me of elons stupid ass non stop polling. Twitter is not a reliable at all for census gathering. its a stupid website run by a maga billionarie. Literally let the costume designers do their job and actual researchers

No one's doing that here. Gunn literally said it was just for fun.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I get the engagement with "fans" stuff…but I need creative leads to stop even for fun asking the "fans". This never ends well for either party involved.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Brandon Routh was wasted as Superman. Wish we got a good trilogy with him.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
A competent design artist can make the trunks work in this day and age ffs.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The trunks help with color balance. So I always vote trunks.

And to be pedantic in DC rebirth series he explained they weren't trunks they were different fabric that helped make up the pants specifically designed to break up the colors.