GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Bowser pretty much is a pro-wrestler. In the locker room Bowser and Mario are buds.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Already nailing it in the trailer and sounds great here too. Excellent casting. Hammed up juuuuuuuuust right.

Oct 12, 2020
he sounds like a 90's wrestler
super-smash-bros-smash-bros_4.gif

It's perfect.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I actually find his work during the whole Tenacious D/rocker mode corny and a bit cringey, but it's hard to deny this dude's talent.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
dude seems like the only perfect casting in this movie, felt that way since the jump.

megamanofnumbers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
This movie's score will increase exponentially the more screen time Bowser and potentially Luigi have. I think once Mario's average everyman boring voice is next to these two, it will work much better.
Why? Enjoy things.
Sadly I'm pretty sure most of the VA budget is going towards Crispy Ratman and Anna Taylor-Joy. Which means His Mario will likely be talking more than Bowser or Luigi. Which will SUUUUCK

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I'm pretty sure most of the VA budget is going towards Crispy Ratman and Anna Taylor-Joy. Which means His Mario will likely be talking more than Bowser or Luigi. Which will SUUUUCK
Illumination has extremely deep pockets. I don't think budget is a limit here really. Jack Black and Charlie Day being cheaper to record won't hurt either.

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
Yeah Jack Black was defo a really smart choice for the role. Can't think of any other celebs who would do it better tbh.