Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how many goalposts will be moved to defend this production, especially now that she's an active executive producer, compared to that game.

There's just no defending it, your money will directly benefit the TERF if you watch this.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
I wonder how many goalposts will be moved to defend this production, especially now that she's an active executive producer, compared to that game.

There's just no defending it, your money will directly benefit the TERF if you watch this.
Casting will be a nightmare. Who wants to tie themselves to potentially 7 seasons of tv that is guaranteed to heavily involve JKR? She's a hardliner on a subject where her views will only continue to look worse and worse as time goes on.

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
Would be it a reach to say this is happening because Rowling wants to replace Watson, Radcliffe and Grint for not supporting her bullshit?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Casting will be a nightmare. Who wants to tie themselves to potentially 7 seasons of tv that is guaranteed to heavily involve JKR? She's a hardliner on a subject where her views will only continue to look worse and worse as time goes on.

The cast will be young kids for the first season who get put into those roles by their parents They will sadly have no trouble finding a lot of the cast - it's a massive opportunity for many actors, who otherwise would struggle for roles.

Oct 26, 2017
The Harry Potter TV series having JKR more involved is a huge negative. The films improved the books in a lot of ways by making characters more sympathetic and leaving out aspects that added nothing to the plot.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonns fucking suck. This will be pushed as the huge kumbaya return of her to the series and people will eat it up.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

plagiarize

Unfurling New Wings
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I definitely don't want AEW to stream on Max now. I will continue not giving JK money directly or indirectly even though I'd love to go back to Universal Studios. Last time I went to the one in Florida was before any HP stuff opened. Went to Osaka and there was no HP stuff when we went. Went to the Cali one in 2016 right before their first HP stuff. Once she went mask off... yeesh.

It fucking sucks because I really want to check out the Nintendo stuff... but I don't know what JK gets from an entry fee so I can't do it.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
The Harry Potter TV series having JKR more involved is a huge negative. The films improved the books in a lot of ways by making characters more sympathetic and leaving out aspects that added nothing to the plot.
Season 4 gonna go hard on why it's okay for house elves to be slaves.

The people I know who like Harry Potter at work have never read the books, and so when I rant about the strange shit from the novels, they're just so confused. like no, I'm serious! They spent an entire subplot on slavery and the person who thought it was bad got laughed at by the end!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
JK is going to find a way to write herself into this show and rail against her ridiculous persecution complex.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

They're going to cast a young Black actress and Hermione and not remember that plot point until hey get to S4.

I definitely don't want AEW to stream on Max now. I will continue not giving JK money directly or indirectly even though I'd love to go back to Universal Studios. Last time I went to the one in Florida was before any HP stuff opened. Went to Osaka and there was no HP stuff when we went. Went to the Cali one in 2016 right before their first HP stuff. Once she went mask off... yeesh.

It fucking sucks because I really want to check out the Nintendo stuff... but I don't know what JK gets from an entry fee so I can't do it.
Absolutely no way to know for sure, but I would imagine she doesn't get a cut of general ticket sales, but of the merchandise in the area.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's a pretty well known secret they have been searching for a showrunner for a good while now. They are being upfront that whomever is chosen has to be committed for 10 years. 10 years of feeding Rowling money, and ongoing debates about her bigotry....Yeah, this will suck. But I'll argue with folks until I'm red in the face.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol is she gonna personally vet that all actors aren't lgbtq+. 🥴🤪

Anyway "known Transphobe JK Rowling" flows real nice

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Aye! Love how DiscussingFilm didn't mince their words.

And can't be surprised with Joanne's involvement with the series; I mean it's always been the case and always will be until she kicks the bucket.

That said, why did this need a reboot? I mean for Zaslav to have some moneymaker of course, but still.

Feb 24, 2018

First thing I thought of when I saw the news, no way is she going to let that be cut again with her now having a ton of creative control.

And yeah, their is 0 way you can actually defend and support this series and pretend you're not directly supporting evil. The see through flimsy arguments from before last year will be even more pathetic but know doubt we'll see them en masse because people care more about their entertainment then real people's lives. I just hope this show goes through production hell and flops hard, becomes a money leech for WB as the budget inflates... But that's not likely to happen is it?

How much control did she have on the Fantastic Beast films?

Oh this is going to be horrifying :(

Perfect.
It's more MAX wants more money and exploiting WB IP like Harry Potter is an astonishingly easy way to do it. But sure, that is probably her secondary motivation.
That being said, I have no doubts that is a net benefit in Rowling eyes.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
It's not the trans community taking away women's rights, so dunno what you're talking about when it comes to your status being lessened, Toni.

Also, seems to bother you a lot.
It's really weird way of thinking they do.. Fighting the good fight? Who sees you as lesser by accepting other people?

But then again that is giving them more credibility in the discussion then they have I guess, which is on me.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017

There is an article on the contract breakdown for the parks (https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/theme-park-news/how-much-does-universal-pay-j-k-rowling-for-the-harry-potter-theme-park-rights-exploring-the-contract/ ). She gets a fixed percentage for the HP world just being there and then a cut of ANYTHING that is vaguely HP related. Oh and also they have to be the cleanest, etc area in the park.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
JK is going to find a way to write herself into this show and rail against her ridiculous persecution complex.

Going by her last book she is also going to attack people with autism, the Jewish community, people with auto-immune disability and cis-women who disagree with her.

I really hate that she has positioned herself centrally in the discussion of trans people. Because she is visibly, openly, a bigot that would not get the light of day normally. I can't comprehend how she manages to get a direct say in a major TV show in this day and age.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Aye! Love how DiscussingFilm didn't mince their words.

And can't be surprised with Joanne's involvement with the series; I mean it's always been the case and always will be until she kicks the bucket.

That said, why did this need a reboot? I mean for Zaslav to have some moneymaker of course, but still.
It doesn't. At least reaction seems mixed to negative so far so maybe there's some shred of hope the audience at large will reject it.

WB will look worse overtime for even entertaining her involvement.

Feb 24, 2018
It's not the trans community taking away women's rights, so dunno what you're talking about when it comes to your status being lessened, Toni.

Also, seems to bother you a lot.
It's really weird way of thinking they do.. Fighting the good fight? Who sees you as lesser by accepting other people?

But then again that is giving them more credibility in the discussion then they have I guess, which is on me.
Because in their world they see accepting people that aren't like themselves and giving them equal voices as lessening them, removing them from the centre of attention, having to express empathy towards others and their insecure and mad about that; their Voldemort supporters and don't even realize it (or do and don't care).

Which honestly kind of makes me wonder how Rowling will portray the villains and after reading this post:
Going by her last book she is also going to attack people with autism, the Jewish community, people with auto-immune disability and cis-women who disagree with her.

I really hate that she has positioned herself centrally in the discussion of trans people. Because she is visibly, openly, a bigot that would not get the light of day normally. I can't comprehend how she manages to get a direct say in a major TV show in this day and age.
I now have a cold dread she'll play Voldemort as autistic, I can fully see her going that route, that's just made all of this even more worse (and it was already so worse that red light bulb broke) :(

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
And yet the quote retweets are mostly people cheering this good description and a few people not understanding what this means (aka it is more the "fantastic beast" involvement and less "harry potter movies" involvement)

Where things get interesting is in the community notes part

View: https://twitter.com/feuer_ameise/status/1748713354095427723

"There are only men who fetishise womanhood"

Like way to ignore trans-masculine existence.

But let's say it is a mental illness, to play by their rules for a second and as someone mentally ill, do they know how mental illness is treated? Do they understand how mental illness is treated in any way? That medication is a last resort?

[Of course not, because they are all ableist.]

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
"There are only men who fetishise womanhood"

Like way to ignore trans-masculine existence.

But let's say it is a mental illness, to play by their rules for a second and as someone mentally ill, do they know how mental illness is treated? Do they understand how mental illness is treated in any way? That medication is a last resort?

[Of course not, because they are all ableist.]
Yep, bringing up autogynephillia in the same breath just shows that they view "mental illness" as a vector to mock and shame people.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

View: https://x.com/tonikimsmith/status/1748686380614529418?s=46

JK tranphobe supporters are terrifying when you read stuff like this.. Like it is really scary

How does someone being who they want to be, a woman, lower your status as a woman? Are you less of a woman because they're a woman? Does your, like, woman credit score take a hit or something?

It's unhinged af.

And yet the quote retweets are mostly people cheering this good description and a few people not understanding what this means (aka it is more the "fantastic beast" involvement and less "harry potter movies" involvement)

Where things get interesting is in the community notes part

View: https://twitter.com/feuer_ameise/status/1748713354095427723

I love how the notes are contradictory to themselves.

"She's not a transphobe because trans isn't real"
"She's not a transphobe, she just wants sex based right"
"She's not a transphobe, here's a list of transphobic things she said but it doesn't count because she didn't outright say 'they aren't women'.

It's not possible to be a transphobe...actually it is but she realizes biological truth so she's not a transphobe...actually no, she never said "I'm a transphobe" so she's not a transphobe.

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm awaiting the retelling being hot garbage with all the brainrot eating away at JKR's writing skills.

Though people will still eat it up and act like eating shit off the floor is high-class because no one has any media literacy anymore, especially the people who treat it as their TERF dogma and are telling themselves they like it because it's controversial.

Transphobes really do just be like "I'm not transphobic, trans people are vermin!" and it's like why even fight it and look so dumb?
Transphobes will call trans people "mentally ill" and advocate for our eradication, then turn around and act like they just really care alot about the wellbeing of people with mental health issues and disorders. Literally just making themselves look like complete fucking morons.

Throw in autistic ableism too, they can't resist showing their hatred for us too.

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Small happy post, but Pedro Pescal brought his sister Lux along to the Emmy's. Dude's a mensch, and she looks spectacular.

GettyImages-1928400279-1705384751.jpg

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Small happy post, but Pedro Pescal brought his sister Lux along to the Emmy's. Dude's a mensch, and she looks spectacular.

GettyImages-1928400279-1705384751.jpg
Always warms my heart.
It doesn't. At least reaction seems mixed to negative so far so maybe there's some shred of hope the audience at large will reject it.

WB will look worse overtime for even entertaining her involvement.
Yeah WBD is already in hot water as it is, to the point a potential merge or being bought.

Can only hope Rick Riordan isn't a shitstain himself; currently enjoying the new Percy Jackson adaptation and the trio is the closest to having same kind of dynamic as with this franchise's main trio.

Oct 17, 2023
User banned (permanent): Troll account
I feel sad for her. She did something amazing and huge. And this is what she got for not being in agenda

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I feel sorry for trans people who are in a constant battle because of people like Rowling.

But yeah, let's be sad about the fashy castle-dwelling shitebag.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I'm somewhat surprised it took so long for one of these to show up.

"People are dying out there."
"Yeah, but muh entertainment!"

EDIT: They can also still buy her books and merchandise everywhere, there was a new game and there's going to be a new show but heaven forbids somebody says anything critical of her. Fucking assholes...

Last edited:

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Wonder who will volunteer to showrun this shit, working directly with her for a decade plus. Especially with the guarantee that she is gonna say worse and worse shit over time.