Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Even without the decorations, it's still a pretty dumb looking tree. But yeah, reminds of that gay couple that incorporated their TERFiness into their wedding wovs and then ended up divorcing later on

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Screenshot-20231224-122237-Chrome.jpg

You go over to this person in your family for Christmas and this is the first thing you see. WDYD?
Lol what the fuck?

These fuckos need to get this hate out their system.

Ruining Christmas and the colors green, white, and purple 🤢.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
I'm not sure what's least accurate in that excerpt, the last 2 lines of the first paragraph or the last sentence of the second.

I wonder if the thread on the forum I used to be on is still wildly oscillating between people assuring each other they're not transphobic and talking excitedly about playing the game and ignoring the objections of anyone non-cis in the thread.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
There's something fascinating about how the UK press can't fathom that Rowling isn't the best thing since sliced bread for everybody.

Almost a year later and our little message board is brought up again as if we committed an act of blasphemy.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Also does JKR still find time to state that women do indeed matter between calling trans men (who are still women in her eyes) confused idiots who don't know what's good for them and trans women dangerous male rapists, or ist that just an invention of the reporter?

Maybe they should quote her sometimes instead of writing pieces of prose whose words are minced into an undefineable slop of of vague and uncritical adulation.

EDIT: Of course they would also never point out that the only ones who want to roll back womens rights are always the religious right (with abortion bans and such) and not trans people. The same religious right who will become "feminists" in a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde fashion whenever they can hurt trans and NB people with it and with wich TERF's will always gladly unite.

Last edited:

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
You're dealing with someone who thinks so much of their recipe for hot chocolate it's their pinned tweet.

If you're thinking that recipe is literally "Cocoa, Sugar, milk, hot" then you would be entirely correct.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Point made. My apologies. I'm a bit irritable today and you won't believe why. :>

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
So, a note of caution.

Reclaiming your period was a big part of early feminism, and it carries on to this day. Across multiple cultures and religions, women on their period are hugely stigmatised as being "dirty", "foul", and "tainted" to this day. Elevating your period to something more than just "piss and shit" was, and is, absolutely a real thing by woman of all stripes to this day. It's something that very strong, pro-trans feminists I know still believe in.

If a woman views her period in that way then more power to her - we shouldn't be jumping down someone's throat because of that. It's when they use that view to exclude women who don't have periods that there is a problem.

EDIT: also, go look in any cafe in a middle class area and you'll see multiple women's groups talking about stuff like this.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
So, a note of caution.

Reclaiming your period was a big part of early feminism, and it carries on to this day. Across multiple cultures and religions, women on their period are hugely stigmatised as being "dirty", "foul", and "tainted" to this day. Elevating your period to something more than just "piss and shit" was, and is, absolutely a real thing by woman of all stripes to this day. It's something that very strong, pro-trans feminists I know still believe in.

If a woman views her period in that way then more power to her - we shouldn't be jumping down someone's throat because of that. It's when they use that view to exclude women who don't have periods that there is a problem.

EDIT: also, go look in any cafe in a middle class area and you'll see multiple women's groups talking about stuff like this.
Yes, but this is someone being harassed for using birth control to manage painful periods. In this case, seems less about TERF/TERF adjacent brainrot targeted towards trans women and more TERF brainrot lending itself to poisoning the 2nd/3rd wave feminism well in an attempt to realign it with reactionary misogyny. But also transphobia.

View: https://x.com/perceiving1self/status/1747647518001807521?s=46&t=asUFfqnU-21zXejf02DWKA

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Sacred flow is definitely a term made up by a man.

No, trying to destigmatise periods by making them less taboo has been a feminist thing for a long time.
The new era of right leaning "feminist" personalities/trad wives have tried to change it so anyone talking about pain is a lesser being and deficient. They will always try and shill some kind of miracle lifestyle change to join their enlightened period pain free group.

Whilst terfs definitely cross over with this, it's much more about separating themselves from other cis women as superior.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That kinda is what happened though. You have someone preaching about sacred flow in response to another woman giving advice to others on how to stop their periods to avoid the painful effects of endometrioses.

Referring to something you know is causing pain to someone as being sacred, directly to them, is just trying to shame women for doing what they can to avoid being in agonising pain. Suggesting they have lost touch with nature or womanhood if they dislike or resent their period.

That's why it blew up. It's not plucked from a 'be confident about your body' discussion it's mocked because the woman in question is using the idea of periods being sacred to shame someone for not wanting them and educating others who feel the same.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
That kinda is what happened though. You have someone preaching about sacred flow in response to another woman giving advice to others on how to stop their periods to avoid the painful effects of endometrioses.

Referring to something you know is causing pain to someone as being sacred, directly to them, is just trying to shame women for doing what they can to avoid being in agonising pain. Suggesting they have lost touch with nature or womanhood if they dislike or resent their period.

That's why it blew up. It's not plucked from a 'be confident about your body' discussion it's mocked because the woman in question is using the idea of periods being sacred to shame someone for not wanting them and educating others who feel the same.

I get that. But on *this* forum, the posts I'm responding to state:

1) The term could only be made up by a man
2) Periods are nothing more than piss and shit
3) The entire thing is nonsense

That's wrong. Mock the woman for her horrible beliefs, and the way she uses those to hurt other woman. But mocking the very notion is just a bit ignorant of what a lot of woman feel *and* how periods are still thought of in multiple culture and places across the world.

I don't care what twitter is doing tbh, but in this place I do feel we should just be aware that issues like this are complex and not to attack to the basic notion as happened. There's way more stuff we can go after here after all! ;_)

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I get that. But on *this* forum, the posts I'm responding to state:

1) The term could only be made up by a man
2) Periods are nothing more than piss and shit
3) The entire thing is nonsense

That's wrong. Mock the woman for her horrible beliefs, and the way she uses those to hurt other woman. But mocking the very notion is just a bit ignorant of what a lot of woman feel *and* how periods are still thought of in multiple culture and places across the world.

I don't care what twitter is doing tbh, but in this place I do feel we should just be aware that issues like this are complex and not to attack to the basic notion as happened. There's way more stuff we can go after here after all! ;_)
Not caring about twitter is solid, but it's what sparked all the posts. Trying to remove it to focus on this forum in a vacuum doesn't work as the context things sit within is important. By and large people are piling on her for her mention of sacred flow in the context of her saying it to someone who has endometrioses and as a result stopped her periods to save her a great deal of pain. The 2nd item on your list was a post by cis woman and her own view of them so, idk, not something I'd push back on. The first one, fair point as it is a term that's around. The last one depends though, because 'thing' in this context is the idea that periods are so sacred that women shouldn't stop them or be educated on how to stop them, to avoid significant amounts of pain. That not considering it sacred detaches a woman from nature and womanhood. Which is nonsense.

The movement to view periods for what they are: a perfectly normal part of biology for a large section of the population, is important. A ton of men still have hangups about them and that is used to shame women. I just think there's a degree of separation in this context to where mocking how the term 'sacred flow' is being used, isn't necessarily mocking the notion that we should remove the ongoing stigma around periods.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's fair Kyuuji . I'm just a bit quick off the mark with some of this because there's still so much work to be done around destigmatising periods and the ways some women chose to do that gets attacked a lot.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah that's fair Kyuuji . I'm just a bit quick off the mark with some of this because there's still so much work to be done around destigmatising periods and the ways some women chose to do that gets attacked a lot.
Nah it was a good element to raise so people are aware, it's an important topic that doesn't get much spotlight here. Glad you did.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for the de-stigmatization of periods, but it's like people forget that yes even cis women might not have periods. When Rowling defines womanhood as "the producer of the large gamets" it makes my skin crawl, again, plenty of women do not produce the gamets or whatever, even cis women, defining womanhood around reproduction is awful.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wasn't aware that was a term used already, but in this case it obviously was just used for transphobia.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm actually surprised. I stopped my periods when I was about 15, it's a common topic in conversations and I never saw this kind of pushback

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've kind of wondered before hypothetically if they made a medical procedure or medicine that could eliminate periods more or less completely (or rather the negative effects), like would the GC crowd refuse it?

I'd like to think, and this is from a guy's perspective, as much as periods in their mind "define womenhood" the majority of women would instantly sign up for that.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I've kind of wondered before hypothetically if they made a medical procedure or medicine that could eliminate periods more or less completely (or rather the negative effects), like would the GC crowd refuse it?

I'd like to think, and this is from a guy's perspective, as much as periods in their mind "define womenhood" the majority of women would instantly sign up for that.
I've heard many, many women talk about hating their periods, and even in some cases, admitted to be jealous of trans women who don't have periods at all (which could be triggering in some cases, since some trans women do want all the typical things that come with being born with female sex traits).

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Speaking as a cis woman, the focus on vaginas/periods/the uterus in feminine empowerment stuff has always bothered me not just because of the way it can be used by terfs to exclude women they don't approve of (not to mention how it also excludes cis women who don't have those things like say my aunt who was born without a uterus and thus has no periods), but because it keeps putting the main focus on the biology stuff.

A lot of sexists always try and claim women are only good for pleasing men/making babies and are biologically inclined for those things so as a bisexual woman who is disgusted by the very thought of having children or being pregnant like at all and has basically have not wanted kids her entire life, any celebration even by feminists of "whoo we can make babies!" just disgusts me personally.

If women are so empowered, why do we need to keep focusing on the same shit that sexists bring up, and not like other shit we can also do that aren't biological stereotypes. Sure as someone who defines themself as queer, i 100% get reclaiming things, but the key factor there is not everyone in the affected group wants to reclaim something so any feminist who gives me shit for not being happy i have a "sacred flow" can fuck right off.

You can count me as one of those women who wishes she didn't have periods, and if there was a way i could just transfer my uterus to a woman who needs one to have children, I'd do it in a heart beat, because I def plan on never using mind.