Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Cajun filet biscuit with or without egg and cheese is the way to go. Their french fry seasoning is incredible as well, would never get bo rounds!

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I miss Bojangles after moving from NC to the PNW. NC has better fast food. I miss cookout too.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
Sausage gravy is *wonderful* and I will hear no slander.

It's made the same way as regular gravy, you just add milk to it for creaminess.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The Cajun filet biscuit is a perfect food. It was handed down from God himself.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The Cajun Filet Biscuit is the best chicken biscuit around

Pair it with their fries with the great seasoning along with a sweet tea, and I'm happy

I bought their seasoning too:

store.bojangles.com

Bo's Famous Seasoning

You can’t always get to a Bojangles when hunger strikes, but thanks to this 2 Pack of authentic Bo's Famous Seasoning, you can get our authentic taste anytime...anywhere…and on practically anything! Ingredients: Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Spices (Including Celery Seed), Caramel Color (Sulfite)...

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

I'm an American and I would never touch anything claiming to be gravy while looking like that. That looks like vomit. Gravy is usually darker in color. And isn't lumpy like that wtf. I see that on commercials all the time and it looks so nasty.

Lol brilliant but I agree, that is not gravy, wtf!!!
Dont let these people fool you. We're not all like this with white gravy. Brown (normal) gravy is A TON more common in the states.

Beef stew for example:
beef-stew-30.jpg

...And my favorite dish (that has gravy) oxtail. Usually paired with rice and beans too:

The meat falls off the bone! Mmm, mmm, motherfucking mmmm!!

I will only go near gravy if the biscuits are dry. And the gravy will look something like this:

Normal. As it should be.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an American and I would never touch anything claiming to be gravy while looking like that. That looks like vomit. Gravy is usually darker in color. And isn't lumpy like that wtf. I see that on commercials all the time and it looks so nasty.

Dont let these people fool you. We're not all like this with white gravy. Brown (normal) gravy is A TON more common in the states.

Beef stew for example:

...And my favorite dish (that has gravy) oxtail. Usually paired with rice and beans too:

I will only go near gravy if the biscuits are dry. And the gravy will look something like this:

Normal. As it should be.

You could have replaced this whole thing with "I've never been anywhere near the South and I hate tasty food"

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Beef stew for example:

Normal. As it should be.
Oh there is hope for the States after all! I love oxtail as well

Oct 27, 2017
Good taste! C':

bad taste

>:'c
Funny thing is: I live in NC right now. But I'm from NYC lol. So you are right actually. I'm not from the south haha!

You've got to get yourself some soul food! It's terrible for you, but it's so good. Food is one of the few bright spots to living in the South, so you've got to take advantage of it.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

It's not lumpy, it's sausage in the gravy. It's absolutely delicious if made right.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I've only had it once, back when I visited South Carolina a couple decades ago. I remember it being excellent!

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I've never really understood this argument.
The color is certainly different but before I ate it for the first time it always just looked like grits to me, lol

It's made the same way as beef, turkey, and chicken gravy is, just done with pork instead and there is milk added which gives it the creamy white color. The "lumps" that you're seeing are literally just cut up pieces of ground sausage mixed into the gravy, which is also done in beef, turkey, and chicken gravy, at least here in the south.
I guess I can see how the contrast in colors between the gravy (due to the milk) and the meat it's made out of could throw some people off, but it's never seemed *gross* to me.
I look at a picture of it and all I see is meat, white sauce, and pepper flakes.

You all are getting vomit from that?
lol

(....i have to admit, i think ox tail looks absolutely disgusting so i guess i can't really talk, huh...)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
(....i have to admit, i think ox tail looks absolutely disgusting so i guess i can't really talk, huh...)
OH MY GOD

HAVE YOU TRIED IT THO?

Please go get an oxtail plate from a Caribbean restaurant. I beg of you. It is heaven. Just find the nearest Jamaican/Caribbean joint and get takeout. Trust me. It is expensive, but it is sooooo good.

It's one of the best cuts of beef ever with a right amount of fattiness to it.

(Yes I'm well aware I'm a hypocrite lol)

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
lol yeah, I've had Jamaican food before so I know what I'm in for, it just reeeeeeeeeeeeally isn't visually appealing to me at all, lol

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Cajun Filet Biscuit is the best chicken biscuit around

Pair it with their fries with the great seasoning along with a sweet tea, and I'm happy

I bought their seasoning too:

store.bojangles.com

Bo's Famous Seasoning

You can’t always get to a Bojangles when hunger strikes, but thanks to this 2 Pack of authentic Bo's Famous Seasoning, you can get our authentic taste anytime...anywhere…and on practically anything! Ingredients: Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Spices (Including Celery Seed), Caramel Color (Sulfite)...
The best part is when the seasoning ends up covering everything inside the box.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT TIME

Bojangles' Sweet Tea is mid at best.
Don't get me wrong, I'll drink it, but something about their tea, even when it's freshly brewed, has this unexplainable.... twang to it that gives me flavor hints that it's been sitting out too long and has gone sour.
I don't know what it is and I can't describe the flavor, but I know it when I taste it.

Proper sweet tea doesn't taste like that and I never have that issue at other restaurants unless the tea has been sitting all day and has gone bad.
Maybe it's made from instant tea instead of freshly brewed? I'm not sure.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Bojangles is amazing. I'm still sad I can't go get a cajun biscuit every week now that I'm nowhere near one.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

it's "lumpy" because it has sausage in it. sawmill gravy, which you see in biscuits and gravy, is not the same as the gravy you'd see for roasts or mashed potatoes. it is delicious.

Rev408

Dec 28, 2017
I've only been to NC once but they had a place called Biscuitville that had some really great chicken biscuits.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I've only been to NC once but they had a place called Biscuitville that had some really great chicken biscuits.

Biscuitville is really good but they are always a complete zoo doesn't matter the time of the day.

Last time I went we placed our order and it took nearly 30 minutes before someone working there told me they ran out of biscuits and if we would agree to have our breakfast sandwiches on english muffins instead.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I live in New England; we don't have most of the myriad burger and chicken chains the rest of the country has because everyone in my state thinks Dunkin is the only chain there is.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Once more I need to evangelize about the glory of the cajun filet ordered on a BoBerry biscuit (sans icing) with pimento cheese. It's a god-tier breakfast item, especially with some Bo Rounds as a side.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Poor child. Imagine if you had it in the 90s-early 2000s. Those were good times. I feel like their quality kinda fell off around the time I stopped eating meat. Not as bad as KFC though.

Next time, ask for a cheddar bo biscuit fresh. 🤤

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
how are the chicken sandwiches?
i'm actually near a bojangles and am planning to grab it for dinner. haven't had it since ~2006, they closed all the ones near me.

i'll probably end up just getting a 2 or 3 piece combo lol

mrmrphillips

Oct 27, 2017
Biscuitville is really good but they are always a complete zoo doesn't matter the time of the day.

Every Biscuitville near me seems to have a cramped parking and/or drive-thru situation. I feel like every time I go there, I end up thinking "I should park and go inside..." after seeing that the drive-thru line is wrapped around the building... Only to find that there are no parking spaces available.

I've never understood how the folks in the kitchen can understand what the person at the register says via the microphone they use to call out orders at Bojangles'. Because of the microphone quality, it always sounds like a garbled mess to me. I'm pretty sure that is how I picked up a slurry way of ordering the chicken filet biscuit combo, though. It comes out like "Chick Fill Bisk Combo."

Inexplicably (and thankfully for me), the folks working there never have a problem understanding what I want.