• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you like more?

• Scorpion

Votes: 1,150 49.5%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 1,175 50.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2021-04-11_at_11.00.35.png

tenor.gif

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Sub had the cool fatality and the cool Deception costume but other than that the only thing he's got going for him is that he turned to Noob Saibot and became a better character.

Morrdji

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2021
"get over here" is an iconic sentence. Some random girl knew straight where it was from.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
It felt like subzero was more popular back then, especially with his mk 1 fatality. Hell, he even had his own video game.

Ever since mk went the 3d route, it seemed like the developers kinda pushed more in the favor of scorpion, and subzero took a back seat ever since then.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Originally Sub-Zero was more popular but Scorpion is slowly taking the #1 spot.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I didn't know the "get over here" line because my first and only (for a long time) Mortal Kombat was on a Gameboy and there was no voice over.

Always preferred sub-zero because there were FX when using his powers, Scorpion (who I just had to look up again if it's Scorpio or Scorpion... which is quite telling) was boring in comparison. Also, there was this Sub-Zero game on the N64. Really liked that.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Scorpion is th eonly character I like in the MK series. He's just a better design overall imo of course.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
The hook and 'get over here' have always been more popular with my friends growing up than sub-zero.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Scorpion is the character that got me looking into MK. I just liked his design, the iconic voice clip, the moveset, the horror elements to his storyline and aesthetic. Played with him through every MK game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I used to prefer Sub-Zero.

Blue > Yellow.
He had a fireball like Ryu.
Freezing someone was really unique.

As time passed, Scorpion just felt more fun to play to me. In MK11, Skorpian's move set is just a joy to use whereas Subzero, to me, is a bit less fun. I also think Scorpion's character has evolved to become more interesting.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The most iconic is actually Rain (aka Sub-Zero at room temperature), and I'm disappointed he's not the star of the new movie tbh

E-bite

Oct 24, 2018
Sub-Zero, he is the only character that's playable in every single main line MK game.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Scorpion by far, I don't dislike Sub-Zero but Scorpion has been my main since I ever started playing MK

StriderHiryu

Oct 28, 2017
Both are brilliant, the Ryu and Ken of the MK franchise. I've always preferred Sub Zero, the freeze was such a unique and cool move when the series debuted for fighting games at the time. I also feel like he is a lot more interesting as a character given he is actually two characters over the franchise, and I personally lost my mind in MK3 when he returned unmasked and left the Lin Kuei after the Cyber Initiative. I also like his relationship with Frost and the Earthrealm heroes too.

I think both are close in popularity because they are opposite style characters. One fiery and brash in Scorpion and the other cool and calm in Sub. And both helped propel the series' popularity.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Scorpion is definitely more iconic, but I've always liked Sub-Zero more. Just think I prefer characters with ice power generally.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion for me, though I don't like how they removed the uppercut from his rope pull move in MK 11 or am I missing something?

The uppercut has never been a part of the harpoon itself. It's just the simplest, classic move to do on a stunned opponent after the harpoon :D in MK11 the harpoon doesn't stun, unless you do the EX version, then you can uppercut.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion is more popular.

I like them both equally. Them teaming up in MK11? Beautiful.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I like Sub-Zero more. Blue is my favorite color. Ice is a better power. Spine rip was the cooler fatality.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Sub-Zero was definitely the more popular one in my friend group back in the day, and I feel like was more popular overall, he did get his own, (albeit terrible), spin off game after all.

Ed Boon loves Scorpion though, and has been pushing him for Summer Slam basically forever.