• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not one thing for me it's the whole experience. what a great game. I think the variety in general really enhances the game, the variety in environments, npcs, town locations, town layouts, music, the general exploration, whether a route is path locked with side branches or wide open to explore, the variety in how you interact with the world, how you can solve side quests, the job variety with each character, the variety in how you can approach combat. they nailed everything. no matter what you do or how you do it the game seems to reward you. like the jobs, there are pairings that seem to work better than others but every single pairing has some kind of benefit so it's really all up to the player on how they want to go about things. do you want to cover your character's weaknesses or go all in on what they're already strong in? do you want to expand their weapon pool? what kind of perks do you want to have? do you want to synergize with the rest of your party? are you trying to go all in on dealing huge damage on a single attack? etc. also the way you can unlock the perks for a job and use them regardless of whether you have that job equipped or not is great. and the mini puzzle-like element to the battles might be its greatest strength. depending on your party and what jobs are equipped etc. you can do so many different things and have so many different goals and setups.

I really hope square keeps this series going, they found a jrpg formula that's really special

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was clever that the characters' stories were essentially side quests branching from a main plot. They were all collateral damage and if you don't pay attention to the world at large, it would all just pass you by in your play through.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Just wondering the world with the amazing music, and combat will always stick in my head. I love exploring and grinding so this one delivered in that department.

LunarKnite

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I need to mention the small but dedicated twitter artist community that cropped up around the game. Maybe that was the reason why I was so okay with how the party interact within the game (or lack thereof) because I was satisfied enough with the fantastic art/comics that came around putting them in all sorts of social situations.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The towns in this game were delightful. I was excited every time I entered one. I was legitimately sad when I got to the last one of the game, because there'd be no more to discover.