OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Would 100% buy this controller. They should sell them.

But bringing a new product to market, even a recolour, takes time and I'm assuming this just came through too late to bring it to market in time for their Pride month celebrations. Otherwise why wouldn't they be selling it to everyone. They have tonnnns of controller options.

Now that doesn't mean they can't work on brining this to market afterwards. Representation and showcasing things for Pride doesn't stop once June is done. They should put this in stores. Would be big.
I honestly didn't even consider the option of them coming to retail, I just figured they could go for sale on their online store for Pride month. The controllers and packaging is made, just throw them up there

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I would totally buy that. Come on Microsoft.

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
That's a snazzy looking controller. Sucks that they are only available for influencers.

Ghil

Oct 27, 2017
My god I want it. It's amazing. Pride designs this year are insanely on point. This one and the Apple watch one are my favorites. Too bad we can't buy it.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I need this hard.

Please let us normal people have a chance to get this, please?

Oct 28, 2020
It's very disappointing. They would sell a lot of these and raise a good amount of money for causes that need the support. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Pride designs don't always hit for me but I really like this one. It would be nice for it to come to market later with proceeds going to the right organizations.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I must be insane because I think that design is borderline hideous. Looks like something I could knock up in an afternoon in Adobe Illustrator. I feel like there could have been way more creative ways to implement the various LGBTQ+ flags or their corresponding colors into a unified design.

Then again I'm not a huge fan of contemporary art and design in general, so basic swathes of color do pretty much nothing for me anyway.

My critiques aside, yeah, it's pretty shitty for these to be sent out to influencers and not actually put up for sale for charity or something.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Really stupid to only let influencers have these. Sure, let them have it early but they need to release this to everyone else.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Let Microsoft know. It's kinda BS that this is only meant for certain influencers, etc. Then again, I have no idea how that stuff works, but still.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hell, as a straight dude, I'd buy the shit out of this too. Looks incredible and sends out a positive message.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Damn. Wonder if their legal team is overly cautious and that's why they aren't selling it. I think all of those flags are public domain, but maybe one or two isn't?
Somehow I doubt that. It's just abstract art, really. Can people really try and claim legal ownership over some blocks of color in a design?

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
They usually listen to the community. If enough people tweet at Phil and Major Nelson it might happen. If not this year then maybe next year when there's time to mass produce. The donation idea is good too. I would buy one.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The whole treating "influencers" as if they are royalty thing is so incredibly obnoxious. I genuinely hate it. I hate when they are given games for free before us. I hate when they are showered with gaming related gifts (jesus Cyberpunk, cool it). The only influence it has on me is to turn my stomach.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I sure hope they eventually act on fan demand and start selling it. It looks great honestly.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Somehow I doubt that. It's just abstract art, really. Can people really try and claim legal ownership over some blocks of color in a design?
Doing some research, yes flags can be copyrighted and/or trademarked. Just last year an organization tried to claim they had the copyright to the bisexual pride flag.
www.them.us

A Bi Advocacy Group Claimed Copyright Over the Bi Pride Flag. Activists Were Outraged

Fury, censorship, and resignations followed after BiNet USA claimed to be the sole copyright owner of the widely-used flag.

Doing some more reading, the artist that made the original rainbow pride flag could have copyrighted it but instead took steps to make sure it could not by anyone.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
That looks so much better than the ones they announced so far though I don't have confidence with the white sticks lol. It'll get discoloured so fast

Still dumb they keep putting the white backs on stuff when the volt colour way would look so much better with black as a secondary colour

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Doing some research, yes flags can be copyrighted and/or trademarked. Just last year an organization tried to claim they had the copyright to the bisexual pride flag.
www.them.us

A Bi Advocacy Group Claimed Copyright Over the Bi Pride Flag. Activists Were Outraged

Fury, censorship, and resignations followed after BiNet USA claimed to be the sole copyright owner of the widely-used flag.

Doing some more reading, the artist that made the original rainbow pride flag could have copyrighted it but instead took steps to make sure it could not by anyone.
Wow that's wild. Maybe MS could just argue (if that ever came up) that they aren't flags in the design, just color swatches that happen to share the same colors 🥸

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell.

I already have 4 Gen 9 Xbox controllers, but I'd buy that immediately. I love the way it looks.