Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Blizzard didn't do a Reforged with D2 remaster

That alone makes everything they did acceptable.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
He is not wrong. There was no Overwatch in the opening ceremony like it always was in past few years. Behind the scenes panel was just that, behind the scenes panel.
With those kinds of semantics, you're gonna have to elaborate more than that.

How is something that had a deeper dive of gameplay mechanics and features less of a showcase than their actual "showcases" in the "keynote"? Do you realize Blizzard themselves don't call it a "keynote" but an "Opening Ceremony"? Do you really think Kotaku is dumb enough to think people are drawing the distinction between live feeds separated by 30 minutes as being a meaningful distinction? Like, if they just took out the break, everything would've been okay on the Overwatch front all of a sudden?

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
Saying you're not even a big blizzard fan while praising that garbo Nintendo Direct in comparison? So out of touch.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As meh as I felt about most of the stuff, it was still a nice event. Just because stuff is leaked doesn't mean they should just shelve it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what a bad take
how is stuff being leaked relevant? should companies change their marketing because something was leaked a few hours before they planned to announce it?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been ok to skip posting this article Kotaku

The very definition of completely missing the point of such events. Especially since it's completely free

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Personally blizzcon gave me far more that I'm interested in than the Nintendo direct. I've been waiting for a D2 remaster for a long time, same with TBC.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
There was an entire presentation for Overwatch 2 and Diablo II remastered is a pretty big deal. This article is really weird and seems made by someone who didn't follow the event at all.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
It would be pretty out of character for Anduin of all people to just turn sides. Him being fully subjugated to the level he is is much more in character. He's not Arthas.

i have to agree with that. i guess that him being subjugated leaves it open for him to be saved. i wouldn't be adverse to that, i kind of want him to stay around.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Disagree, the keynote was worth it just for D2:R but all the other updates were awesome too so idk what they talking about.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Blizzard in general should be skipped, IMO, following Blitzchung/"Don't you guys have phones"/Reforged, etc.

But gamers have short term memory loss I guess.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
i have to agree with that. i guess that him being subjugated leaves it open for him to be saved. i wouldn't be adverse to that, i kind of want him to stay around.
Blizzard wouldn't even think of getting rid of Anduin, especially not in this way. Pretty sure they keep prepping for an expansion where the Light becomes a villain and Anduin's clashes with the void become from and center. Wouldn't even be surprised if some of that is explicitly setup in Shadowlands.