• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
My wife would legitimately collapse if Suikoden 6 was announced, she is like die hard fangirl of them.

Imagine Xbox picks them up from Konami and gives them to a studio reknown for rpgs... I wonder who that could be..

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting hyped unless I see a new thread offically announcing a new Suikoden sequel.

Nov 1, 2017
I'll happily take a 25 Anniversary remake of the original Suikoden if he's using the original docs to expand it and bring it up to par with the later games gameplay wise. But I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment even then.

Ctalkeb

Apr 12, 2020
If Microsoft finances a sequel that otherwise wouldn't happen, like Sony did with SFV, or, slightly different, like MS did with the original Titanfall, that is fantastic news.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
I think we'd get a Suikoden collection first before announcing a new game. I would like to see if this series is as good as everyone says.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think if they ever made a Suikoden 6, it would be set in the mountainous kingdom west of Falena under a tyrannical theocracy that was hinted at in Suiko V.

I think that was the intention of the Suikoden V development team but still that was over 15 years ago. If Suikoden VI will happen it could be anything really.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Konami wouldn't allow him to tease any announcements on Twitter. The last tweet he posted where he showed the cover of the original pitch document for Suikoden even said "Just barely within the range of not getting in trouble" (probably with Konami).

With Murayama reaching out to his fans like this, it sounds more and more like it's for a crowdfunded spiritual successor instead of a Suikoden VI. But either way, it would be a dream come true! If it's a Kickstarter, I would be the first to back it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
An exclusive Suikoden on Xbox would quite literally ruin my birthday. I would be so miserable y'all wouldn't even be able to contain it.
I know how much you like Suikoden (specifically, 2). On the extremely off chance that it releases as an Xbox exclusive, I'll be first in line to drop $50 into a GoFundMe to get you an Xbox haha

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know how much you like Suikoden (specifically, 2). On the extremely off chance that it releases as an Xbox exclusive, I'll be first in line to drop $50 into a GoFundMe to get you an Xbox haha

Seriously. My birthday is in three days, this would be like an exploding cannonball being fired through the wall of my house.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
... (beat)

Wait and see. I'm genuinely curious (and extremely interested, but I'm keeping my expectations in check).

My poor heart can't handle new disappointments. But if, somehow, Suikoden 6 got announced... Well, 2020 can't be redeemed, that year is fucked beyond belief, but I'm taking everything positive and cherishing it at this point.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

It's not going to be Suikoden. It can't....can it?

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to play Alliance Alive, my copy got canceled :(

I'm in whatever he is working on, well, maybe not mobile.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, some of my co-workers are hype but I just can't feel it. I hope it gets a talented fellow and his team some well-deserved coin. But I'll be floored if this is Suikoden.

Do we even know if Blue Moon Studio ever spun up into a full team? I know for a long time it was literally just Murayama's name for HIMSELF.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it will be Suikoden. I'm guessing a Bloodstained type of thing that's essentially Suikoden in all but name, with a few team members who worked on Suikoden 1 & 2.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it will be Suikoden. I'm guessing a Bloodstained type of thing that's essentially Suikoden in all but name, with a few team members who worked on Suikoden 1 & 2.
That would kind of defeat the appeal of the series though. People want Suikoden to continue because there's already so much established lore and worldbuilding. Otherwise it's just another JRPG like Alliance Alive, which is a good game, but it's not Suikoden.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I'm getting anxious. At this point I'm cheering for it to *not* be Suikoden because there's so much riding against it.
Could Konami pull off a Suikoden even with Murayama? I'd like to believe it... I dunno, my heart couldn't handle them fumbling it up.

I hope it's a Murayama Not-Suikoden I guess. I'd also just love a re-touched 1&2 with a better translation or a 3 redux/director's cut..

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just 1 day left until the reveal, whatever it may be. :)

I'm going to crash face first into the brick wall of disappointment, but I don't care:

b84cb48081c873b71eca51b17473f9eb.gif