Oct 28, 2017

Israeli strike on northern Gaza's Jabalia refugee camp kills 22

www.aljazeera.com

Israeli strike on northern Gaza’s Jabalia refugee camp kills 22

Thousands trapped as Israeli military issues evacuation orders for residents to move towards the south of the enclave.
At least 22 people, including women and children, have been killed in an Israeli attack on the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza as Israeli forces press on with their ground assault in the area.

As the death toll mounted on Saturday, the Israeli military issued evacuation orders for northern Gaza with instructions for residents near Jabalia to evacuate to the south of the enclave.
Palestinian news agency Wafa reported on Saturday that Israeli fighter jets bombed a multistorey apartment block in Jabalia on Friday night, hitting four inhabited homes and killing 22 people.

At least 30 people were injured, and 14 people remain missing and are believed to be buried under the rubble, according to Wafa.
Reporting from Deir el-Balah in central Gaza, Al Jazeera's Hani Mahmoud said that "powerful explosions were heard in the northern part of the Gaza Strip", adding that many of the casualties were "arriving at the hospital either in pieces or soaked in blood".
The Kamal Adwan Hospital in the north was perilously close to running out of fuel and staff said Israeli soldiers had ordered them to leave.

Reporting from the facility, Al Jazeera's Moath al-Kahlout described the weeklong siege as "suffocating".

The situation is "dire", he reported, as the hospital has also been ordered by the Israeli military to cease operations. But he said it continues to treat patients ranging from those severely injured to newborns.

Karew

Jul 5, 2022

They want to do what is functionally extermination in that area which the BBC describes as merely "controversial"

www.bbc.com

Israeli attack on northern Gaza hints at retired general's "surrender or starve" plan for war

Giora Eiland tells Jeremy Bowen that Israel should tell Palestinians to leave northern Gaza before sealing it off as a way of pressuring Hamas.

"Since we already encircled the northern part of Gaza in the past nine or 10 months, what we should do is the following thing to tell all the 300,000 residents [that the UN estimates is 400,000] who still live in the northern part of Gaza that they have to leave this area and they should be given 10 days to leave through safe corridors that Israel will provide.

"And after that time, all this area will become to be a military zone. And all the Hamas people will still, though, whether some of them are fighters, some of them are civilians… will have two choices either to surrender or to starve."

Eiland wants Israel to seal the areas once the evacuation corridors are closed. Anyone left behind would be treated as an enemy combatant. The area would be under siege, with the army blocking all supplies of food, water or other necessities of life from going in. He believes the pressure would become unbearable and what is left of Hamas would rapidly crumble, freeing the surviving hostages and giving Israel the victory it craves.

edit: lmao they removed "controversial" from their headline
7CEVVi5.png

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It was really surprising to see the cheers. Honestly, the world has never been more right side of the history of this occupation as most people are now. Mind-boggling that most Western leaders still fall over backward trying to shield Israel against any valid criticism.
Any public support for Palestine would get enormous applause from the audience. I remember when Colbert had the live show after the DNC and there were protesters interrupting the interview with Nancy Pelosi and when Colbert mentioned one of the demands was to stop sending bombs to Israel, the crowd loudly cheered after that lol. When Ramy Youssef said Free Palestine during his SNL monologue the audience roared in applause. Pro-Palestine remarks get a lot of popular support!

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any public support for Palestine would get enormous applause from the audience. I remember when Colbert had the live show after the DNC and there were protesters interrupting the interview with Nancy Pelosi and when Colbert mentioned one of the demands was to stop sending bombs to Israel, the crowd loudly cheered after that lol. When Ramy Youssef said Free Palestine during his SNL monologue the audience roared in applause. Pro-Palestine remarks get a lot of popular support!
I was surprised because the article mentions it was a Jewish institution who in past has banned cririsim of Israel. So I wrongly assumed the crowd would be pro Israel.

Yes I know many Jews dislike what Israel is doing in Palestine but I am speaking about this specific group, I thought would be more pro Israel.

Oct 28, 2017

View: https://x.com/HossamShabat/status/1845201334888210799

Enemy tanks are less than 700 meters away from us.
The artillery is shelling us and the quad-copters are controlling the movement of people and firing at us.

Hundreds of warplanes and reconnaissance planes above us.

A state of anticipation of how we will be targeted..

All of Jabalia is under fire, we will all rise at any moment

We are literally living our last moments, O God, grant us a good end.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Edit: removed tweet

My heart breaks for these people….

May every person responsible for this atrocity face punishment in this life or the next.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not aware of who they are. I took a look at their page and it looks like they tweet or retweet Palestine related.

You will find a lot of amplified voices in this mess that have downplayed or committed to many past atrocities. For example many pro-Bashar Assad accounts are speaking up for Palestine while in the past they were denying the civilian atrocities during the Syrian civil war. I don't expect people to be able to weave through everything, but thats why im pointing it out for you, given the thread rules.

Pertaining to Grayzone
The Grayzone is an American fringe[7] news website and blog[12] characterized as far-left by numerous sources.[23] It was founded and edited by American journalist Max Blumenthal.[9] The website was initially founded as The Grayzone Project[24] and was affiliated with AlterNet before becoming independent in early 2018.[4]

Coverage of The Grayzone has focused on its misleading[25][26][27] reporting, its criticism of American foreign policy,[1][4] and its sympathetic coverage of the Russian, Chinese and Syrian governments.[31] The Grayzone has downplayed and justified the persecution of Uyghurs in China,[35] and been accused of publishing conspiracy theories about Xinjiang, Syria and other regions,[36][37][38] and publishing disinformation about Ukraine during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which some have described as pro-Russian propaganda.[34][38][30]

Oct 28, 2017

Israeli tanks deepen their push into the northern Gaza Strip

Israeli forces widened their raid into northern Gaza, and tanks reached the north edge of Gaza City, pounding some districts of the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood and forcing many families to leave their homes, residents said.

Residents said Israeli forces had effectively isolated Beit Hanoun, Jabalia, and Beit Lahiya in the far north of the enclave from Gaza City, blocking access between the two areas except upon their permission for families willing to heed evacuation orders and leave the three towns.
Nine days into a major Israeli operation in northern Gaza, the Hamas-run Gaza government media office said Israeli strikes had killed around 300 Palestinians there. It said Israel's bombardment of civilian houses and displacement shelters was intended to force residents to leave Gaza once and for all, which Israel denies.
Gaza's health ministry says dozens of people have been confirmed killed in the assaults on northern areas, with many dozens of others feared dead on roads and under the rubble of houses beyond the reach of medical teams.

Many Jabalia residents posted on social media platforms: "We will not leave, we die, and we don't leave."
Palestinian and United Nations officials say there are no safe areas in Gaza. They have also voiced concerns over severe shortages of food, fuel, and medical supplies in northern Gaza, and said there is a risk of famine there.

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
Don't have anything to currently add, but thank you to everyone keeping this thread alive and posting updates on the atrocities happening.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018

An entire population is being exterminated and they are not even trying to hide it.

I'm constantly angry.

People here are trying to move on, "oh no you have to accept it because Trump", "this is the most important election of our time", "it could get worse" as they shout me down cause they don't want to bring down the vibes.

They don't want to accept their guy and gal is participating.

people are actively ignoring this.

A whole population is being wiped the fuck out and people are going out of their way to excuse and ignore it.

I'm filled with so much hate.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
An entire population is being exterminated and they are not even trying to hide it.

I'm constantly angry.

People here are trying to move on, "oh no you have to accept it because Trump", "this is the most important election of our time", "it could get worse" as they shout me down cause they don't want to bring down the vibes.

They don't want to accept their guy and gal is participating.

people are actively ignoring this.

A whole population is being wiped the fuck out and people are going out of their way to excuse and ignore it.

I'm filled with so much hate.

Yeah, it's infuriating. I personally know someone who has had over 100 members of his extended family exterminated in Gaza. It's a genocide.

Nothing anyone says to me can convince me to fall in line. I'm filled with the utmost contempt for Biden and the entire establishment allowing this to happen. If you want my fucking vote earn it by at least doing the bare minimum. Instead we only have full throated support for genocide. It's just unbelievable.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
My friend who has family in Gaza was able to talk to some of them yesterday and was told that's there's not much left of Gaza and everything within miles from where they live is completely bombed out. She's trying to get them asylum in the U.S. but it's not looking good.

Feb 4, 2024
My god the videos coming out of north Gaza. Children and hospital patients literally being burned alive right before our eyes. Unimaginable horror. My god I have no words.

Oct 28, 2017

Deaths, injuries as Israeli military bombs displacement tents in Gaza hospital

www.aljazeera.com

At least 18 killed in Israeli air attack on northern Lebanon

Deadly attack on the village of Aitou in Zgharta region targeted a residential building.
Israeli fighter jets bombed tents housing displaced Palestinians inside the grounds of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah, central Gaza, the Wafa news agency reports.

Medical sources at the scene have said fires have broken out among the tents, with the attack causing an as yet unspecified number of deaths and injuries.

The hospital's reception area is filled with wounded and deceased people, according to Wafa.

Proxy

Oct 27, 2017
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Oct 28, 2017

View: https://x.com/DrTedros/status/1845574141379764376
WHO and partners finally managed to reach Kamal Adwan and Al-Sahaba hospitals yesterday after 9 attempts this past week:

- 13 critical patients from Kamal Adwan hospital were transferred to Al-Shifa hospital. The hospital is overwhelmed and still serving around 60 in-patients and receiving at least 50-70 injured daily.
- 6 critical patients and their 12 companions from Al-Awda hospital, who had been earlier transfered to Kamal Adwan, were also transferred to Al-Shifa hospital.
- ⁠The team delivered 20,000 litres of fuel to keep Kamal Adwan and Al- Awda functional.
- 800 blood units, along with essential medicines and medical supplies, and 23,000 litres of fuel were delivered to Al-Sahaba Hospital.

The missions were completed amid ongoing hostilities.

WHO and PalestineRCS drivers were subjected to humiliating security screening and temporary detention at a checkpoint — which is unacceptable.

One-off missions are not enough. There is a sustained need for resupplying hospitals to keep them functioning.

We reiterate our call for sustained facilitation of humanitarian missions and ensuring safety for humanitarian staff; and for a ceasefire.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
There are videos and they are horrifying. Every single person who ever cast doubt on Israel attacking hospitals should never be allowed to live it down.
I recall some users in this very thread (most of whom thankfully banned now) were skeptical that Israel was actually striking hospitals earlier in this genocide. A part of me wants to know what they think of Israel's conduct in this war now because it's abundantly clear that their apologia for Israel has made them look like a fool. On the other hand, I'm glad we don't hear about any of that bullshit in this thread so we don't get distracted by bad actors.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the video of the patients still connected to IVs being burned alive in the hospital attack.

How does this just get worse and worse holy fucking shit

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I unwittingly saw the video.

I just...I don't know what to say any more. Fuck Israel. Fuck Netanyahu. Fuck Biden. The world has failed.

All the while US is sending boots on the ground to fortify this piece of shit genocidal regime.

Nov 29, 2018
That was the darkest shit I'd ever seen. All the rum in the world can't bleach that image from my mind. There isn't a pit in hell dark enough for the people responsible for and running defense for this.