• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you (plan to) use bidets?

• Yes

Votes: 296 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 78 20.9%

• Total voters

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
In the midst of coronavirus outbreak all over the world, I keep scratching my head every time there's a post/news about people scrambling on toilet papers. There are so many cons of using toilet papers compared to bidets, and yet people still refuse to switch.

Toilet paper:
❌ Not clean
❌ Uncomfortable
❌ Not environmentally friendly
❌ Takes space
❌ Pricey

Bidet:
✔ Totally clean
✔ Refreshing
✔ Environmentally friendly
✔ Takes no space
✔ Economical

So, have you switched to using bidets? If not, what's stopping you?

C4GYrfTWYAILzay.jpg

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
shooting water up your ass hole is one of lifes simple pleasures

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Had a bidet for many years now (Canada) and never going back. One of the greatest things I've ever purchased.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the midst of coronavirus outbreak all over the world, I keep scratching my head every time there's a post/news about people scrambling on toilet papers. There are so many cons of using toilet papers compared to bidets, and yet people still refuse to switch.

Toilet paper:
❌ Not clean
❌ Uncomfortable
❌ Not environmentally friendly
❌ Takes space
❌ Pricey

Bidet:
✔ Totally clean
✔ Refreshing
✔ Environmentally friendly
✔ Takes no space
✔ Economical

So, have you switched to using bidets? If not, what's stopping you?

C4GYrfTWYAILzay.jpg
They cost money for a good one. I want a Toto Washlet, like, one of the $500 ones. I have other things that have higher priority. I've been wiping my ass like an animal my whole life, so like, eh. I can wait.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
What do you mean? Do you think I bought enough toilet paper for the next 10 years and won't use it?

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
How do you not need toilet paper still? You have to dry your ass. Bidets are so you don't have to touch shit.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
When I was visiting Japan, I grew to love them so much. I felt so fresh after each trip to the toilet. Coming back to toilet paper felt like going back to the middle ages.

Unfortunately I'm a renter and my place has those short round toilets that aren't very well suited to bidets.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning on getting one a bit later this year once I had more money coming in. But with how stupid people are acting over toilet paper, I said screw it and ordered one.

A lot of people are poor and can't afford one.
They can be as cheap as $30. Decent ones are around $100. The luxury ones with all the features can be up in the $1000's, but you don't need to be rich to have one and they pay for themselves pretty quick.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
While you should still use a bit of toilet paper to dry the remnants it DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of toilet paper used. I highly recommend it to everyone.

I honestly hate going to the bathroom in other people's houses when they don't have one, I feel so dirty lol.

They cost money for a good one. I want a Toto Washlet, like, one of the $500 ones. I have other things that have higher priority. I've been wiping my ass like an animal my whole life, so like, eh. I can wait.

You honestly don't need a good one.

Are they cool? Yeah sure, but a $30-40 wipes your ass just as fine.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the only places I use toilet paper for wiping is if I have to go when I'm not at home.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
While you should still use a bit of toilet paper to dry the remnants it DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of toilet paper used. I highly recommend it to everyone.

I honestly hate going to the bathroom in other people's houses when they don't have one, I feel so dirty lol.

You honestly don't need a good one.

Are they cool? Yeah sure, but a $30-40 wipes your ass just as fine.

This is good to know! Mine should be here tomorrow.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Tushy broke after about a year, which is coincidentally the warranty. But when I emailed they just sent me another one, no questions asked.

Biden attachments aren't wonderful.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a bidet around 5 years ago and can't imagine ever going back. We have a washlet on our main toilet, but I picked up a cheap (around $50) Luxe bidet on Amazon for one of the other toilets, and it works just fine. The only drawback is that you'll never feel clean using a regular toilet again.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
It's pretty indisputable. Better than toilet paper, wipes, lotas, tabos, whatever. Ideally a Japanese style washlet, but even a cheap handheld sprayer is an enormous improvement.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
How do you power them? Most bathrooms I have seen do not have handy outlets anywhere near the toilet.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Do bidets really work well against those "never ending wiping" shits too? I can't wrap my head around that being the case.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Bidets are great. Have washlets in both of my bathrooms and they are wonderful. Weren't that expensive, either. Costco has multiple tiers and varieties available all across the pricing spectrum.

I still use TP as well, but yes, if Corona is what gets North America on the Bidet Train it might not have all been for naught.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Do bidets really work well against those "never ending wiping" shits too? I can't wrap my head around that being the case.
It's vastly superior to constantly wiping. You can just blast yourself clean, spraying yourself as long as it takes to dislodge everything. Even the worst cases will be far quicker. Even if you do have to wipe, you'll have water to assist the cleansing.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

100% yes. Get one. It will change your life.

I used to walk around with a constant itchy ass. Not anymore.

As far as the current situation, I'm on the same roll of TP with my wife for like 2-3 weeks now. Just use a tiny bit to dry up.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I never put 1 and 2 together. So we can buy these in the U.S.? For some stupid reason I thought we couldn't get them here. My ass is ready!

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
just gotta up the pressure

high end models do... also heat the seat and self clean and dry you too
These break my spirit. As well as the environment.
It's vastly superior to constantly wiping. You can just blast yourself clean, spraying yourself as long as it takes to dislodge everything. Even the worst cases will be far quicker. Even if you do have to wipe, you'll have water to assist the cleansing.
100% yes. Get one. It will change your life.

I used to walk around with a constant itchy ass. Not anymore.

As far as the current situation, I'm on the same roll of TP with my wife for like 2-3 weeks now. Just use a tiny bit to dry up.
Wow I'm sold, gotta look at economic options. Wish I had one right now actually, as I'm experiencing what I asked about right this very moment. 😔

maks

Oct 27, 2017
I've had to get a hemorrhoid fixed...and now i have one of these $500 toto washlets. Bye bye bleeding and straining. They're fantastic and well worth the money! i really use 10 times less toilet paper. If anyone needs to further convince the SO tell them about the heated seat option.