Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I never would have paid for it before I got it, but Google gave it away for free to me enough times that now I couldn't stand being without it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
For me, yes it is, easily. I subscribe to Netflix, I have Pime Video through my Prime membership, and I just got Hulu back because of the $2 BF and I would say with confidence that I use Youtube more than the other 3 combined by far. I'm always watching something on there, it's definitely worth it for me.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's a good value if you take advantage of all of its features.

If you want it just to get rid of YouTube ads (like I used to do), it's not worth it.

Personally, I wish I could pay 5-8 bucks JUST for ad removal in YouTube, and give up YouTube music and such.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'll back up up the first two posts. Ever since I signed up for YouTube Premium I can't go without it. Of course, I speak as someone who can afford it.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I had some free deal for 3 months awhile back and when it ended I was like... that's it? It's near worthless to me. I can not imagine paying $150 a year for it.

Honestly, until this thread, I had completely forgotten there was a paid tier and thst I had used it for 3 months.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Create a family group with 4 other people and it only costs each person like 2.50 a month. Well worth it at that price.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I watch waaaay too much youtube to not pay for the service. I originally bought it since I wanted to watch some of the exclusive shows, and then the whole experience was just way too seamless. I never went back to regular youtube.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I have a family subscription... shared with a couple of friends. A collective of people sharing, Netflix, Disney+, Apple+ etc.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I went the other way when they decided to fill youtube with ads. Instead of paying for it I just cut the amount of time I'm on youtube and it's working out for me. Not something everyone could do of course but it is an option.

I had youtube red way back when it was cheap and came with google music and I loved it. Nowadays I much prefer to use Spotify or Apple Music and wouldn't want to transfer to youtube music so premium wouldn't be worth that much to me.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah fuck ads, my mom uses youtube to listen to music and I hated she had to listen to ads so I upgrade to a family plan.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you only use it for ad removal I don't think its worth it at all. If you listen to Youtube Music then maybe. Use vanced if you have android

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I pay for it.

I hate myself for paying for it.

But I need the "features".

So basically, thanks I hate it.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Not really worth it if you mainly use YT on your PC since it's easy to bypass the ads via scripts. If you use YT on your phone and other devices, I'd say so.

I'm grandfathered at $8/mo so I'm keeping that as long as possible.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Yes

ED66-C79-F-4-B2-F-41-AB-B030-762-B1-AEADF3-B.jpg

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm paying $15.99 but it's worth it. I wish I could get it cheaper tho.. Is the only way to get it cheaper is if you've been in since the beginning?

Mass One

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I ddin't realize there was a Stadia component to YouTube Premium.....what do you get?
I found that promotion here on the gaming side actually. It was a couple months of stadia, a controller, and a chromecast ultra(?) from what I remember. I haven't actually opened it yet. Don't know if it's still going on.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I use YouTube more than Netflix, but I have a harder time rationalizing paying for it, and I think that's because I just want ad-free YouTube, and not YouTube music, too. I also find ads less disruptive for the content I'm watching (unscripted short form content), than I would be if I was watching a feature length movie.

If YouTube had an ad free, non-music version for $8/mo I'd subscribe.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
it's a ridiculously stupid price, but Google has also made youtube ads to be as annoying as possible, so I can't fault anyone for not wanting to put up with it any more

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it depends on how much YouTube you watch and if
you're okay with paying for a second music service if you already use Spotify and don't want to switch.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
It's not, but I have it anyways. Got it when my son was an infant and wanted to play various lullaby and other similar programming and didn't want that to be interrupted with ads.

Now that he's in kindergarten and doing remote learning due to covid-19 he's using a school issued chromebook that's restricted by the school admin. One of the issues is that the security/permissions on it disallow logging in to YouTube. Normally that'd be fine and all - I don't want my son on YouTube unsupervised anyways. However, nearly everyday his teacher includes YouTube links to different educational videos. And since we're disallowed from logging in, he gets fed tons of ads while trying to learn. If I could afford it I'd buy him his own laptop. I was really close to doing so during election season because of all the political (and Trump) ads.

So yeah, it's a huge ripoff but I can't imagine dealing with all those ads.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, but mostly because of how awful the app is without it.

It's basically Xbox Live Gold/PS+ for video streaming.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
I've had the family plan for years and I'm locked into the $15/month price unless I cancel it, which I have no intention to.

It's worth it because everyone in the house can have ad free youtube and YouTube music makes it even nicer. I don't have to pay extra for a music streaming service since it's included and even though they still need to improve the music app more since moving away from Google play music, it's good for what it is right now.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
I watch more content on YouTube than anywhere else so it's an easy "worth it" for me. The free music is just icing.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Jumped in for supporting people I watch with enhanced revenue share vs ads on some 3 month free offer

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Unfortunately it is. The ads have gotten horrific over the past year, and I'm finally able to afford shit, so I bit the bullet and subbed a few weeks ago.

Oct 27, 2017
I got suckered into Google Play Music back when I got a Pixel phone a few years back (came with six months free). My subscription gave me Youtube Premium on top of the music, and since I've fully integrated my library into the former for years now, the fact that I get two for one is an exceedingly good deal in my books.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
I thankfully got grandfathered into the $8 price when all we got was just Google Play Music and they tossed in Youtube Red later. I had no idea the Youtube Premium + Youtube Music is now $12. I would've paid $10 for a music subscription service regardless, so the extra $2 for ad-free Youtube Premium is worth it as well considering it looks like they restricted offline downloads and app background play behind this bullshit paywall too.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I have it but it doesn't work on my TV or Xbox? I'm still seeing ads. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please?

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I got suckered into Google Play Music back when I got a Pixel phone a few years back (came with six months free). My subscription gave me Youtube Premium on top of the music, and since I've fully integrated my library into the former for years now, the fact that I get two for one is an exceedingly good deal in my books.

Same situation here. Google Play Music alone was worth it for 10 bucks, just as good as Spotify (except for some reason some new music releases were delayed on the platform). YouTube Music is a fuckin downgrade but I don't want to go back to YouTube ads on my devices

Salty Soup

Oct 25, 2017
I hate youtube music but I use youtube too much on my consoles. I'm also locked in at 10 bucks a month when it was still called YouTube Red.

CheeseWraith

Oct 28, 2017
The later evolution of Youtube's ad invasion has made me realize I can live without it and barely notice its absence.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yes.

Paying for youtube is one of the easiest 'worthwhile' things I pay for pretty much. Its by far one of my used websites whether it be subscriptions for hobbies, fitness, cooking or just entertainment in the form of movie trailers, movie reviews or really anything else.

Its worth it by a mile. But millions have gotten accustomed to this service that provides a SHITSTORM of benefits being free. For some they won't ever be able to adapt to it having a charge attached to it so /shrug

But yeah, its worth it; if it wasn't no one would even talk about it. So, like music you can pay for it; or keep torrenting or downloading or whatever people do that never left the napster era do these days lol. You also get music with it; just saying.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
It's not worth for what it does, honestly, but I would hate to see 20 commercials in a 30 min cartoon video aimed at toddlers.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I mostly use Youtube for tutorials and such on my desktop PC, and whatever ad blockers I'm using are holding out there, so I've no use for premium. Used the Youtube app on my phone a few times though and, jesus christ, ads make it unbearable.
As for background play, I used to use Firetube for that back in the before times on my daily commute, but since working from home I've had no need for it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just to remove ads the price is too high and that's what I would get out of it. The original content on YouTube sucks. Cobra Kai was cool, but that's with Netflix now anyway.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
For me it EASILY is. But Youtube is by far my most watched streaming service, too, so your mileage may vary.