• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Tom Hardy a good actor?

• Let's not stand on ceremony here

Votes: 139 34.8%
  • SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU (redacted)

Votes: 261 65.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes he is. Fuck is wrong with you?
2095.jpg

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Always have had a lot more respect for character actors like Hardy that take major risks and aren't just trying to play degrees of their carefully cultivated And crowd tested Hollywood on-screen personality.

But annoyingly those type of actors tend to get praised a lot more when they manage to take 3 steps out of their usual range instead of 1 or 2. OMG did you see Sandler in Uncut Gems!! He...basically played Adam Sandler just giving a bit of a shit with some actually competent writing and directing.

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Yes, but recently he's seemed to stop caring as much. The Drop, Locke, Bronson, Warrior and The Revenant are all great performances. Lol @ people saying no as if it was that simple. Please, give us some examples of what qualifies as good acting then, if Hardy is poor. At least two of his performances will fit even the snobbiest of criteria.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a good question I've pondered myself. I mostly find he overacts and often his accents are weirdly distracting. Not a big fan and he was the worst part about Fury Road.