• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rebel-TT

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Tobago
It's my favourite trailer bar none. I've enjoyed others, but this made me feel feels. And I don't think it was misleading because this trailer captured the magic I felt when I played the game. Plus I enjoyed the melancholic story of Zelda thoroughly.

Kindofblue

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Good trailer but no..like not even close, Metal Gear and even GTA consistently have the most HYPE trailers.

Even on this thread people have missed out the very best MGS trailer

The Ground Zero's trailer is simply a work of art it convinced me to spend £25 on what is effectively an over glorified demo, zero regrets.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Good trailer but no..like not even close, Metal Gear and even GTA consistently have the most HYPE trailers.

Even on this thread people have missed out the very best MGS trailer

Terrible trailer. 10 minutes, no meaningful gameplay, no narrative, everything's dark and every moment looks the same as the previous moment. Baffling to people who aren't already fans of the series.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Not even the best representation of Final Fantasy trailers. For starters the music mixing is straight up bad. Watch some My Hero Academia fights to see how you properly mix rock music with choregraphed scenes.
limmy-twitch-steel-feathers.png

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
The truth is hard to swallow. Take a sip instead.

lmao no

as for OP, I think the trailer, while nice (but nice enough to have a a yearly thread) it doesn't represent the game like the reveal trailer did. it's far too "epic" for something like BOTW

I think this Iceborne trailer is my favorite one that hasn't been added yet

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Still the best trailer? Like, was there ever a consensus that it is in fact the the best trailer?

It's an amazing trailer for sure, the muic gave me chills, but I've seen many trailers that were equally good or even better.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It made me fucking cry, and I don't cry from fucking trailers.

I'm convinced this trailer helped tremendously in getting BotW mainstream appeal.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
The lesson from this is that some pulsing strings and French horns above the staff can convince you that even the plainest montage punches above its weight.

Rabash

Jan 22, 2020
What about the Dead Island trailer? The game is terrible, but the trailer was a masterpiece:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

Kojima's come close but like.... they are too long most of the time and don't focus on gameplay. I love them for different reasons.

As a GAME trailer, I don't see how it's not BotW. In addition to story, people underrate that it showed tons of gameplay stuff to be excited about to. And the music is stunning and it's perfectly paced.

The trailer sold BotW to many people, which jump started the Switch's success. Nintendo wouldn't be the same without it.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
It's good but most of the power comes from the shock of a very different looking Zelda. I'd take Skyrim, Deus Ex, Monster Hunter World, various Kojima trailers over it.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was a great trailer at the time for a lot of people. I dug it at the time but didn't think it was as amazing as other people did back then. It in no way represents how good the game is. The game itself is fucking amazing and on my greatest of all times lists.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty standard stuff for an adventure game. Also the game features practically no story so pretty misleading as well.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
YES OP!! Chills every. single. time I watch it. Truly incredible and riveting to the core. Zelda crying in japanese voice... A call to arms on all fronts. Confront Gannon. Can't wait to see what they come up with for BotW2 as the bar has been set.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's not a great trailer? it's not as good as the best of the best and it's highly overrated. It was already beaten by many other trailers.
Saying it's not the best is one thing but saying this without a hint of irony is quite something considering what this trailer did for the Nintendo and the resonance it brought the general public

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Not enough of MGSV E3 Red Band trailers here.

that Zelda BotW trailer is very good. But the best is completely subjective.

think Kojima is the Trailer Master, MGS, DS had all great trailers!

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
At the time it was up there. Post release it revealed itself to be a deceptive trailer that poorly represents the game. It became a bad trailer after the game released. The best trailers remain great trailers after release. San Andreas Welcome to the Jungle for example.
How was it deceptive? Because the game was less story focused than the trailer suggested? I thought the gameplay itself was well represented in the trailer.

+1 for the San Andreas trailer, and the Vice City Flock of Seagulls trailer. Those are timeless.