• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
For example, if namco said, to *you*, we will make the best ridge racer game, for you, for 1000 bucks, would you do it? Or insert any game that hasnt been made in a long time

OR even a hypothetical game, for example, a type of game from a studio you love like i dunno an example for me would be a Banjo game made by nintendo. Would you do it? Is there any game you want SO BADLY that is basically zero chance of ever happening?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
For my ideal Pokémon game, I would pay any price. I would make any sacrifice. No amount of suffering exceeds the cost I am willing to lay at the altar of Perfect Pokémon.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue IV for sure. Id pay stupid money to get that (I already did for III lol). My only stipulation would be for them to focus on the story, not with forklifts and gacha crap.

Oh, and Mega Man Legends 3 of course... Capcom didnt even give me the chance on that one, they canceled it before the demo was released ;(

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'd probably pay $200 for a remaster of Morrowind with an updated combat system and the rest of the country with quests included.

But more realistically I'd probably pay hundreds for DLC in a service game that I'd be able to stay engaged with for years. I already have spent that in games like Genshin and GTA and also COD (for my kid).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
$1000 would be a reach.

But, if EA Sports came to me and said ... we're going to make a current NCAA Football '23 game, which has all of the classic features of the NCAA Football series, plus all of the modern quality of life improvements that you like from the last decade of Madden games, the good gameplay enhancements not the shitty ones, and other reasonable improvements that would have been on the roadmap back in 2013... And it's for you and your buddies, I might spring for it.

I think if someone made that offer, like EA Sports made that offer to me and my 3 friends who used to play NCAA Football dynasties with each other, for $1000 and I could split that across 1 other friend ro something, I think I'd do it. $500 would be steep, but my best friend and I used to go 10-15 seasons deep in Dynasty mode every year and we fuckin loved it... and we've thought about trying to rehab/mod old 360s, get a PC working so we can play the modded version of the game, etc, and we never do it because the cost is too high and it doesn't work with most of the online quality of life improvements. So $500 is really not a big ask if "it all just worked."

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
An open-world Ratchet RPG with numerous playable characters & new improved yet familiar battle system.

Special edition? Deluxe edition? DLCs?

giphy.gif

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Vertexer, Taito's unreleased sci-fi racing game. It was essentially my dream game as a kid before F-Zero GX came into my life.

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
$1000 would be a reach.

But, if EA Sports came to me and said ... we're going to make a current NCAA Football '23 game, which has all of the classic features of the NCAA Football series, plus all of the modern quality of life improvements that you like from the last decade of Madden games, the good gameplay enhancements not the shitty ones, and other reasonable improvements that would have been on the roadmap back in 2013... And it's for you and your buddies, I might spring for it.

I think if someone made that offer, like EA Sports made that offer to me and my 3 friends who used to play NCAA Football dynasties with each other, for $1000 and I could split that across 1 other friend ro something, I think I'd do it. $500 would be steep, but my best friend and I used to go 10-15 seasons deep in Dynasty mode every year and we fuckin loved it... and we've thought about trying to rehab/mod old 360s, get a PC working so we can play the modded version of the game, etc, and we never do it because the cost is too high and it doesn't work with most of the online quality of life improvements. So $500 is really not a big ask if "it all just worked."

I love this because I can feel the emotion you have for this

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Nah. I'm always drowning in stuff I want to play for little cost these days with Gamepass, PS+ Premium, various free/"free" games I've claimed over the years. That has me much more selective about games I buy period, and especially at full price. I'm not super passionate about gaming anymore so there's no single game I'd pay a big premium to experience as they're not some life changing or even meaningful things. Just fun things to pass some time when just chilling alone at home.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Some kind of high concept game by ND. Hard Scifi, SteamPunk, DieselPunk, High Fantasy. Something like that. No more grounded at all. Take that pedigree into some really exciting area like that.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
For whats basically a custom game? Absolutely.
Heck, I remember paying like 650 for panzer dragoon saga at a time I had far less disposable income.

Exist 2 Inspire