GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This was the only game in the series I played as a kid. I remember thinking it was kind of lame and being disappointed that it was the only fighting game the pizza place near my house had for a long time.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Tekken 3 was blowing up. At a particular arcade, there was a crowd at tekken three day and night. There was a similar deluxe cab right next to it with mk4. Tumbleweeds. But there was sometimes this one kid who would sit at that mk4 machine all night and run thru the game alone over and over by himself. Looked like he could do it blindfolded. He ov=bviously wiahws someone would play with him so he could unleash his skills.

I could smell his smoldering resentment at tekken 3. I imagine he just had an n64 at home. Which would lead to all types of resentment and frustration I suppose.

You know I havent thought about that in a long time. If I was back there now, I would have played a few games of mk4 with him so he could beat me up and maybe he'd come try some tekken.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the spectacle, I never really thought too highly of MK next to other fighting games. I remember this and the Sub Zero game really causing me to just fall off the series entirely lol. I think by this point the Capcom VS games had sunk their hooks into me.