• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
if you think frank doing a musical number about saying the n word when he's in a black person's body is equivalent to anything michael has said, then idk what to tell you, since that episode ends with charlie, as a black child, gets shot by police towards the end of that episode. and that's after they open acknolwedge police brutality and systemic racism before being interrogated by cops.

i would love for you to tell me how their lethal weapon movie is racist. if you're only argument is the blackface and accent, that episode and all of its followups went over your head. which is weird because iirc, the blackface conversation definitely comes up. they literally show that movie to kids and tech investors in full earnest, they don't dodge the blackface thing at all.

it's silly as fuck but it's not racist in attempt or execution.

and that last clip. Frank called Mac a faggot and tried to defend it by equating it to yelling fire and everybody knowing where to look. they talk about it not being actually offensive because Mac is not in the closet closeted gay guy. Mac flips the argument around and asks him what word he would use for the therapist, a black woman, if what he was saying is true. he then goes out to explain history of the word faggot and it essentially meaning burn gays. THE ENTIRE GANG TAKES NOTICE, ACKNOWLEDGES THE FAULTS OF FRANK'S ARGUMENT AND STOPS USING THAT WORD/HATE SPEECH.

how the actual fuck is that racist? charlie yelling out the word Mac was obviously alluding to doesn't make him a racist, espcially when he it's framed as something Frank is too scared to actually say when the ties are drawn.
This post is hillarious, the one thing you can see at a glance is someone replying to blackface with the one example he can argue with while ignoring all the racist shit.
KnxcZJn.png

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
, but I don't think that's the case because they know that it was wrong and did it anyways.

like when?

dee argued passionately about it not being racist. the same people that called her out for that charcter across 3 episodes, have acknowledged the racism every time and discouraged her or didn't particpate at all.

michael scott has made racist, sexist and homophobic jokes towards his same employees for 8 years. he's also been called out on it for several years by several characters; his racism isn't out of ignorance at all.

a desparate actress in her 30s going through several characters and using a horribly fake accent, weave, fake butt, and black face to throw off jokes about white guys and shit doesn't come off mean-spirited or even aware of the implications. it's framed as being desperate in all angles. it makes her seem out of touch and it's been used as joke against her in every episode; it only worked because the gang was literally dumping trash at the same time she made the comment about white people having no respect for their neighborhoods.

it was exploitive, but she's literally showing her white arms, chest and neck while calling those white boys crazy to no reaction from the crowd. it would have completely bombed like every other time if the timing wasn't right and she didn't highlight people taking their jobs. nothing about the portrayal comes off as anything but a joke at her expense, whereas the office has framed actual jokes around michael being outwardly horrible to his employees for years.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The Office was never one of my favorites but I find the michael scott episodes to be pretty unwatchable, it's too much cringe and not enough funny, for my taste. I saw some of the post-Michael episodes and they were more to my liking, when theres that competition for a new boss, etc.

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
The Gang Tries Desperately to Win An Award. shows they are malicious as seen at 1:16 of this quick montage I found. They actively wanted to limit the amount of black people in their bar to not be labeled as a "Black Bar" so they could win an award.

wow, it's almost like they were directly referencing the emmy winning shows before and their lack of diversity.

black-ish and insecure have never received an emmy. atlanta, one of the most acclaimed shows, only won best actor and directing, but not best show

it's almost like black creators have never talked about their works being too black to win awards or even funding.

it's almost like that entire episode wasn't a big fuck you to the emmys.

This post is hillarious, the one thing you can see at a glance is someone replying to blackface with the one example he can argue with while ignoring all the racist shit.

I actually commented on each clip.

but you wrote this comment, took a screenshot and embedded it without reading a thing, yikes.

i just noticed you were also the one that asked that question, too. your high horse is a fucking mule

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
And saying they've never been maliciously racist is also bullshit unless you haven't watched the entire show. The Gang Tries Desperately to Win An Award. shows they are malicious as seen at 1:16 of this quick montage I found. They actively wanted to limit the amount of black people in their bar to not be labeled as a "Black Bar" so they could win an award. Mac and Dennis are then both bummed when Zee throws off the ratio.

Oh, The Gang are totally racist/generally frightened of black people; but they're meant to be seen as scumbags, unlike Michael Scott who is meant to be perceived as merely ignorant (not that that excuses his behavior.)

But to the specific example I'm quoting, "black bars" are a reference to "black TV shows" never winning awards ("I don't know why they don't, but they don't," notes Mac or Dennis.) That whole episode is a snarky commentary on IASIP never being nominated for TV industry awards.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
dee argued passionately about it not being racist. the same people that called her out for that charcter across 3 episodes, have acknowledged the racism every time and discouraged her or didn't particpate at all.
Racists argue passionately they are not racist all the time.

a desparate actress in her 30s going through several characters and using a horribly fake accent, weave, fake butt, and black face to throw off jokes about white guys and shit doesn't come off mean-spirited or even aware of the implications.
Racism doesn't have to be mean-spirited. Plenty of white people do racist shit without bad intentions because they've been brought up only knowing one system that is designed to give them a empty lane while putting up roadblocks for minorities.

I got some more though if this is the hill you wanna sit on.

1*29GhhCZ_w4k5URjbv_D8og.gif

Mac real hung up on it being a black man. "I don't want to sound racist", come on now.

Remember when they didn't want to eat the guy because he was black and tried to say they just didn't like "dark meat"?

Remember when Dennis didn't want to roll down his window for the black dude

How about the episoe with the Juarez family

latest

I could probably keep going too,you're still going to tell me the gang isn't racist?

Also I think it's weird you challenged me with trading pictures like you have to prove you're black to me, like I wouldn't believe it if you just said it. I've said I'm white plenty of times in this forum, I think most people know that, I haven't hidden it. I appreciate your perspective obviously even if I think you're wrong but challenging me to trade pics is weird.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I actually commented on each clip.

but you wrote this comment, took a screenshot and embedded it without reading a thing, yikes.

i just noticed you were also the one that asked that question, too. your high horse is a fucking mule
I was being charitable, I actually preferred to think that no one would defend blackface in this thread.
Welp.
I guess you're going to argue that if you make a disparaging mexican stereotype to go with the mule, it's tots not racist though.
I don't think there's anything you can find racist anyway.
The show goes out of its way to show characters being racist, but nope really it's something else to you.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
How is this thread still going?

He plays an ignorant dude who means well, but who does not get how to do so so without being even more offensive then just his natural state.

Where is the argument?

But he is much closer to a left wing apologist, then a secret white wing racist. I mean if you watched the show it is all obvious.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread still going?

He plays an ignorant dude who means well, but who does not get how to do so so without being even more offensive then just his natural state.

Where is the argument?

But he is much closer to a left wing apologist, then a secret white wing racist. I mean if you watched the show it is all obvious.
where's the secret right wing part? dude can be a wannabe leftist, and still be too lazy to go out of his way to not be a racist.

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
Racists argue passionately they are not racist all the time.

Yeah, but it's often through the eye of a non-existent PC culture, not through the eyes of a delusional woman that still thinks she's going to be an actress even though she throws up on stage every time she performs. Obviously, her characters are caricatures; she puts on a red wig and an irish accent to advertise the bar, but she always comes off as genuinely thinking the characters are good/funny - to my knowledge, they're not used to make fun of puerto ricans or irish people. she thinks martinez is funny and then asks a group of white guys why they dance like they do to no reponse.

it may not be in good taste, but in the context of it all, i wouldn't call it racist. at least not with her being the only butt of the joke when she plays her.

Mac real hung up on it being a black man. "I don't want to sound racist", come on now.

they also debate on weather to call him old man or black man, but both sound mean so they go with old black man and they even move him into their apartment after the house. is he real hung up just because he acknowledges the random old guy's race? what was the racist part, him saying the guy being black was another thing?

Remember when Dennis didn't want to roll down his window for the black dude

the drug dealer that they just met? the one they buy crack from under a bridge? the one that also rips them off when they buy?

yeah, bro, they should have just had their shit all the way down to buy drugs for the first time in a new neighborhood. the length was ridiculous, but that's the joke.

How about the episoe with the Juarez family

they get sued and lose the mansion for kidnapping them and destroying their house. idk what you want me to say about the attempted assimliation attempt... he also gave them a taco bed. racist ignorance. idk what you're expecting me to defend here.

I was being charitable, I actually preferred to think that no one would defend blackface in this thread.
Welp.
I guess you're going to argue that if you make a disparaging mexican stereotype to go with the mule, it's tots not racist though.
The show goes out of its way to show characters being racist, but nope really it's something else to you.

what the actual fuck is wrong with you? i didn't defend blackface because this is far from it, regardless of how much you think it's racist. they're so fucking distant from each other that the comparison makes you seem ignorant. it ignores so much context from then and this show.

I honestly don't even know what you're on about the mexican stereotype. do you not know what a high horse is? do you understand why I said you're posturing but you're not actually high up? imagine thinking someone doesn't find anything racist because they find fictional characters more ignorant than racist. you're responding like a child to a question that you asked. I don't care if we disagree; I just find it really weird that you're framing and assuming random, wild things like this. it's such a shit post when I literally said Michael's a racist several times.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Honestly Francois Dillinger I read all that and I don't know where we can go from here, in my opinion you're hung up on the idea of ignorant racism being separate from racism or that a distinction needs to be made to excuse ignorant racists. I disagree with that. You've been given like a dozen examples of how the Sunny characters are racist and you've found a way to excuse all of them. I could give you more and you would do the same. I also still think it was weird that you wanted to trade pics with me so you could show me you're back (I assume that's why?) and that I wouldn't just believe you if you had said that. Like I said, I appreciate your perspective but I still think you are wrong about the characters and their intended portrayal. If you believe I cannot properly make an assessment on that due to being white and not being a victim of racism I completely respect that position.

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
You've been given like a dozen examples of how the Sunny characters are racist and you've found a way to excuse all of them.

Do you honestly believe a clip of them not rolling down their window literally the first time they buy hundreds of dollars worth of crack is 100% racist and anything else is just an excuse?

Somebody else literally used a clip of them pointing out black shows don't win awards as proof of them being racist.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Dude is absolutely racist. He only works as a fictional character, where plotlines revolve around his bigotry and ignorance. As others here have said, racism is a spectrum, from shit like wearing white hoods on one end to "harmless" perpetuating of stereotypes on the other. Both are harmful.

If he were a real person, it wouldn't be funny at all.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Do you honestly believe a clip of them not rolling down their window literally the first time they buy hundreds of dollars worth of crack is 100% racist and anything else is just an excuse?
I mean, it isn't just that, I gave a ton of other examples too. I think the totality of all of them point to a very clear conclusion. The scene in question ends with Dee pretty much dehumanizing a black person, pointing to one and saying "this one", to which Dennis replies "don't say this one", because he knew it was a racist thing to say.

ttimebomb

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TenseUnequaledChafer-small.gif

What the hell dude? "Aw, the poor racist can't help himself!" You actually believe Michael is just a poor soul who wants to be a good person but he just can't stop using racist stereotypes? And what reason would that be? Oh right, he's racist. It doesn't mean he isn't funny(because its fictional, if he was real, that'd be a serious problem), it just means he's also racist.
Maybe I didn't state it well. The point is, he's well meaning. Sure racism even when you are well meaning is still racism. But Michael Scott is not out there trying to purposely perpetuate white superiority. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Where did y'all come up with this "ignorant but not racist" thing
"neutral prejudist"

Next trick question, is the Gang (from It's Always Sunny) racist?
nah, they're open and aware of how ignorant they sound; i don't think they've ever been outright maliciously racist, but they've been self-aware enough to know hoiw arguing about an old black guy sleeping at the foot of the bed sounds.

it's always sunny cast is full of low brow people thinking they're high culture.

i think the cast of its always sunny would survive around black people way longer than michael does.
Oh my God

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
I mean, it isn't just that, I gave a ton of other examples too. I think the totality of all of them point to a very clear conclusion. The scene in question ends with Dee pretty much dehumanizing a black person, pointing to one and saying "this one", to which Dennis replies "don't say this one", because he knew it was a racist thing to say.

just rewatched that scene. the drug dealer points down the street and says pick it up down there. they ask which/where, she points off screen and says "this one, it's gotta be that guy."

can you explain how that's racist? maybe after reading that, I'll understand your viewpoint on the other examples.

I also still think it was weird that you wanted to trade pics with me so you could show me you're back (I assume that's why?) and that I wouldn't just believe you if you had said that.

I was honestly curious to see wha type of white person assumes that because somebody disagrees about the lethal weapon parody being racist, it means they don't know what blackface is, its damage and history. it's just hilariously condescending, especially after seeing you list not rolling down the window for a crack dealer as racist.

Last edited:

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First of all Germans are not a race, and secondly even positive stereotypes are harmful. Read about how Asians are considered to be "ideal" immigrants in the US, and how expectation are actually hurting the Asian community in an unexpected ways. Third of all it seems you are grasping straws here, and if you are truly interested in learning about the significance of racism you would be researching on your own and reading books about the issue.

Here is something that some people might be offended here about it: Michael Scott reflects how white straight behave in America to a large degree. It's dialed up 10x worse then reality for sure, but the internal reasoning and logic of how Michael behaves is real. It might be actually why the show is so popular. It resonant with people who witness a less offensive behavior like Michael's in their lives. It's funny. But what's really concerning is that a lot of posters in this thread seem to be dismissive, and ignorant about the issue of race and how much impact it has on minorities.

I agree with you that stereotyping can be harmful, offensive etc. I agree with you that racism is significant. My disagreement is not with the implication or effect of the term racism as you and other describe it, but with definition of racism itself. Discrimination, prejudice etc. are a subset of racism. Reason why I'm arguing this is that historically racism is an imbalance in racial "worth", where one race sees itself superior to the other and in my opinion it should be seen as different than perscribining certain characteristics to races (igorant stereotypes a la Michael Scott). Also, racism is a crime in some countries (discrimination against a person based on race, skincolor or origin). The things Michael Scott says or does is not a crime nor should it be.

Regarding the bolded, I want to make clear that I'm nog dismissive of the impact of Michael on minorities or the issue of race on minorities, I just don't think it's racism.

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you baited all the racists out on purpose didn't you? Kudos.

giphy.gif

I agree with you that stereotyping can be harmful, offensive etc. I agree with you that racism is significant. My disagreement is not with the implication or effect of the term racism as you and other describe it, but with definition of racism itself. Discrimination, prejudice etc. are a subset of racism. Reason why I'm arguing this is that historically racism is an imbalance in racial "worth", where one race sees itself superior to the other and in my opinion it should be seen as different than perscribining certain characteristics to races (igorant stereotypes a la Michael Scott). Also, racism is a crime in some countries (discrimination against a person based on race, skincolor or origin). The things Michael Scott says or does is not a crime nor should it be.

Regarding the bolded, I want to make clear that I'm nog dismissive of the impact of Michael on minorities or the issue of race on minorities, I just don't think it's racism.

Once again you show up to conveniently ignore all the other posts that have shut you down. The definition for racism has already been provided. Your personal pet definition for racism doesn't matter and isn't a reality. Lastly, you end with a moving of the goal posts by stating that racism is a crime in some countries (which isn't even exactly true, racism isn't a crime in the U.S., discrimination in the workplace and places of public accommodation is). And, because of this Michael hasn't committed any crime. Once again, YOU'RE WRONG. On numerous occasions Michael has discriminated against his employees both sexually, racially, and through their sexual orientation. He's been threatened with a lawsuit numerous times by his employees, including Stanley. And, Oscar was given a 3 month paid vacation on the condition that he not sue the company after Michael's homophobic antics.

Try again.

He is racist, it's ok to find him funny?

Yes, that's the whole point of the show. No one is trying to guilt you for laughing a the Office.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017

"I'm not dismissive on the impact. Here's a statement dismissing the impact."

How is this not a parody post? You've even tried to be as verbose as possible, when all you needed was the last sentence. You don't think blatant racism is racism and are choosing to die on this hill to defend a fictional racist.

OP, you baited all the racists out on purpose didn't you? Kudos.

Looks like he did, and I applaud him for it. It's nice to see them coming out in force.

Even the fucking Always Sunny gang has a defense force?!

Madness isn't it? We all know that Steve Carrell and The Gang aren't IRL racists, but the characters they play/have played on TV are. Part of their characters are to show people how unacceptable this behaviour should be. Turns out that to so many people, it's absolutely acceptable behaviour.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
just rewatched that scene. the drug dealer points down the street and says pick it up down there. they ask which/where, she points off screen and says "this one, it's gotta be that guy."

can you explain how that's racist? maybe after reading that, I'll understand your viewpoint on the other examples.
Holy shit.

Dude.

Even Dennis says roght afterwards "Don't say this one".

I was honestly curious to see wha type of white person assumes that because somebody disagrees about the lethal weapon parody being racist, it means they don't know what blackface is, its damage and history. it's just hilariously condescending, especially after seeing you list not rolling down the window for a crack dealer as racist.
Wait, you were curious to see "what type of white person" I was? This isn't a color thing, that's just weird as hell, what type of white person did you think I was that you would be surprised by me? What were you expecting to see exactly? What would have surprised you?

If I'm wrong about the Lethal Weapon parody being racist I'll just have to live with that I guess. I really think you're on a whole other planet.
Madness isn't it? We all know that Steve Carrell and The Gang aren't IRL racists, but the characters they play/have played on TV are. Part of their characters are to show people how unacceptable this behaviour should be. Turns out that to so many people, it's absolutely acceptable behaviour.
It would be totally against character and obviously pandering if the gang WASN'T racist. They are horrible people.

That's the point.
Welp.
Oh, The Gang are totally racist/generally frightened of black people; but they're meant to be seen as scumbags, unlike Michael Scott who is meant to be perceived as merely ignorant (not that that excuses his behavior.)
You're the only one in this thread arguing something that is entirely clear to everyone else.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
what the actual fuck is wrong with you? i didn't defend blackface because this is far from it, regardless of how much you think it's racist. they're so fucking distant from each other that the comparison makes you seem ignorant. it ignores so much context from then and this show.

I honestly don't even know what you're on about the mexican stereotype. do you not know what a high horse is? do you understand why I said you're posturing but you're not actually high up? imagine thinking someone doesn't find anything racist because they find fictional characters more ignorant than racist. you're responding like a child to a question that you asked. I don't care if we disagree; I just find it really weird that you're framing and assuming random, wild things like this. it's such a shit post when I literally said Michael's a racist several times.
You're one that contort yourself in explaining that the characters doing this
ytqe724mrseyvdq9fai4.jpg

are not racist in any way.
But sure keep finding new ways to make racism a quantum thing that doesn't really exist on inspection.

Oct 27, 2017
That posters on this forum brag about how left leaning ERA is when you got tons of allies who can't bring themselves to call a fictional character who does shit like "Ping" racist is absolutely fucking galling

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at all surprised that the satirical nature of Michael Scott or the gang in Always Sunny is completely misinterpreted or missed by so many people, in a world where people can watch Breaking Bad and come away thinking Heisenberg is a "badass" or watch Rick and Morty and want to emulate Rick's behavior. The crew is Always Sunny are reprehensible, horrible, racist, bigoted, borderline sociopathic people. To an extreme. That's the entire point of the show. It's so over to top, as to really hammer that point home, yet people still seem to miss it.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are still getting confused.

The Office is not a racist show. Michael is a racist character on a show.

It's Always Sunny isn't a racist show. Its characters are racists.

All in the Family isn't a racist show. Archie Bunker is a racist.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
there's a scene in Always Sunny where Mac and Dee get dropped off in a bad neighborhood and need to ask someone for help, and walk right past a black man sitting in a chair reading a book and up to a clearly deranged white man who proceeds to hold them at gunpoint

the first episode of the show is called The Gang Gets Racist

they are racists

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's most definitely racist. How is this not the easiest thing in the world to see? He's not a malicious person, but he's still very much racist. Michael is very out of touch and tone deaf in regards to the feelings of others. He's very selfish and immature, too.

I've watched The Office all the way through about 10 times now and this is something that's completely obvious from the moment you start to see Michael interact with others. I mean, the second episode of the first season is called Diversity Day and revolves around Michael being a complete ass and not realizing that he's being 100% racist.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

You know, you've written a lot of posts about this now, and I could buy your argument if you were saying the SHOW ITSELF isn't racist, because it knows what the gang is doing is fucked up and uses various vehicles - whether an obvious joke or other characters (sometimes other members of the gang) calling it out - to prove it.

But you keep saying saying none of them are racist? That's... really weird.

The characters might show an inclination to learn, sometimes, but they still do horrible shit. The characters are racist. There is no question.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Posting again:
https://filmschoolrejects.com/progressiveness-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia/

THEY ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE. It's Always Sunny is the antithesis to a good natured sitcom, this cast is meant to be irredeemable and deplorable and they never come out on top — most of the people they make fun of are often significantly more well-adjusted and normal than the gang.

The show, on the regular, discusses TONS of critical social issues (even creating "sequel episodes" for "still hot" problems); a lot of its back-and-forth banter has one character says something incredibly dubious/wrong and the other tell them how fucked up it is. Yes it's gross, yes it's uncomfortable, but I don't really doubt we've heard a lot of their bigotted lines heard in IASIP said unironically in real life.
But...that's just its brand of comedy; it's 100% meant to be perverse.

Neither The Gang or Michael Scott are at all enviable or admirable characters (even with Scott's "inner heart of gold" I doubt any of us would switch places with him) and very few shots of them doing something problematic doesn't go unchecked by other's clear discomfort or outright protest.

Both shows have very carefully crafted the narrative for their awful characters, often needing to step around a sensitive line, but in the end, explores (with respect to this topic) racism by means of putting down its lead characters for being racists and showing how petty/awful it makes the person look.

The people behind them fortunately seem pretty alright
sunny-pride.jpg

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is really illuminating as to why racism is so persistent

If you can look at The Gang and think they aren't racist, there's something wrong with your view on racism

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really, really surprised that someone is defending the Sunny gang as not being racist. The whole point of the characters are that they are racist, sexist, and morally bankrupt. That is LITERALLY their shtick. Even when they try to the right thing it always backfires because they are such terrible people.

I've watched like 4 episodes of the office and didn't really pay attention when they were on so I have no comment on Michael Scott. The only thing I remember is him making fun of Phyllis(?) when she gets flashed in the parking lot.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
It gets pointed out a lot in these threads that everybody knows racism is bad but a lot of people don't know what racism actually is.

I think the issue is predominantly white peeps thinks that people who are racist must be some evil cartoonish person.
While minorities have run into plenty of people who say and do racist shit but aren't doing it out of malice or hate.
I know many people whom I'm close too have at times expressed racist actions or thoughts.
Hell, I wouldn't say that me myself am 100% none racist since I was brought up in a majority white context.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
That posters on this forum brag about how left leaning ERA is when you got tons of allies who can't bring themselves to call a fictional character who does shit like "Ping" racist is absolutely fucking galling

People like to talk big, but they don't realise that those of us who deal with racism/sexism/homophobia/Islamophobia etc day in/day out know that talk is very very cheap. Why do something about racism/sexism and all the other isms when you can sit there and try to redefine the terms so that you can pretend the problem has gone away? It's so much easier to just bury your head in the sand.

It gets pointed out a lot in these threads that everybody knows racism is bad but a lot of people don't know what racism actually is.

It's incredible that even in fiction racism is STILL quantum locked.

tenor.gif

I now eagerly await the same people reporting this post and claiming this gif is racist.