kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's not terrible although he's closer to terrible than he is to one of the best in history.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
he's got raw talent i give him that, but fuck hes infuriating to watch at times with his carelessness

i think if the pats gave him a chance, hed excel there

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Bro I think he's good, because he can sling it with the best of them. I think a change of scenery and a new coach could really help him.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
B14Yiex.gif

we'll see how lasik helps him

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind the dude is only 26. He has QB talents few people possess, and if he figures stuff out as backup for the Saints he might stick around the game for another 10 years.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest I don't know why the market for Winston wasn't bigger than it was this offseason. He was about as good as you could possibly be while being a turnover machine. Turnovers are a statistic with huge variation year to year but in regards to his actual production it was good.

Legitimately hes the best backup QB in the league right now. I feel like a bunch of teams didn't bother showing any interest because he would have been better than their starting QB, like the Jets for instance.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
He is one of the best QBs to ever play the game in the sense of everyone who has ever played football at any level including back yard father and son catch games. He made it to the professionals and that made him one of the best. But in the sense of best of the people who are able to do it professionally - hell no.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
It seems for a few years now he gives the ball up two or three times a games, so I'll say no he isn't and this is from somebody who rooted for him during his time at Florida State.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Dude threw 40 touchdowns last season, more than Lamar Jackson. Unfortunately seven of them were thrown to the other team, but still.

Nobody in NFL history has thrown 33 touchdowns, with 30 interceptions and 7 pick sixes. And I highly doubt anybody ever will again (since they'd be pulled).

He did lead the league in passing, good for 9th on the all time list. But again 30 interceptions. Name me another qb that can throw 30 interceptions and still start every game. We haven't seen that kind of performance since another Tampa Bay great Vinny Testaverde somehow threw 35 in '88. Jameis was probably gunning for him but Evans and Godwin probably caught a few too many poorly thrown balls.

It came down to the wire, too, it was the last play of the last game of overtime where he threw his record setting seventh pick six to end their season. Some may call it shameless stat padding but a record is a record.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I don't know why the market for Winston wasn't bigger than it was this offseason. He was about as good as you could possibly be while being a turnover machine. Turnovers are a statistic with huge variation year to year but in regards to his actual production it was good.

Legitimately hes the best backup QB in the league right now. I feel like a bunch of teams didn't bother showing any interest because he would have been better than their starting QB, like the Jets for instance.
You could argue Jameis is behind unsigned Cam right now.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

His yardage and touchdowns are worthless. The amount of turnovers he commits is awful for his own defense. You can't keep them on the field that often...it'll never work.

He's above average. I would like him on the Bears.

And that defense would quit on him just like Trubisky.

EDIT- Am I reading that stat right...he threw 30 interceptions and had another potential 23 dropped?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Neither he nor Mariota were worth taking with the first two picks in the draft. He's bargain bin Brett Favre.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see him start somewhere just to see if the lasik really did make a difference

It'd be a pretty Bucs thing to happen if he managed to take some team all the way, while Brady flames out on us.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He isn't even in the Top 20 best QB playing right now. Who does this moron think he is fooling? lol

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Complete confidence in himself is kind of his shtick.

He dressed for a game that he was suspended from, expecting to play I guess? Jimbo had to kick him off the field.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped interceptions is a good stat. It means he threw the ball at such a high VELOCITY that no mortal could've caught it.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Member when Jameis lost the last game of the season in OT on a pick six?

It's Jameis. The knock on him is always been that he is turnover prone. The chickens just came home to roost last year.

Maybe? I think he just reverts to his career average if he plays this year and still puts up the same positive production hes put up.

He'll probably play some too this year cause Brees looked really washed towards the end of last season.

Brady did too. Turns out HOF QBs get old too.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
all this jameis love is weird. This guy raped someone at FSU and sexually assaulted Uber drivers.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
16 games, 6-10-0 record, 343 completions on 547 passes (62.7%) for 4131 yards, 26 touchdowns, 23 interceptions and 6 pick 6s
16 games, 7-9-0 record, 380 completions on 626 passes (60.7%) for 5109 yards, 33 touchdowns, 30 interceptions and 7 pick 6s

Peyton Manning at 25 years old compared to Jameis Winston at 25 years old.

As someone that owned him in fantasy, he would often throw a couple interceptions, do nothing for a whole half, inexplicably not get benched and then throw amazing garbage time stats to Evans and Godwin. I don't really know how you can throw in a turnover machine like him as a backup QB, though... Brees has to be constantly ready to go back in to stop the bleeding.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a bunch of teams didn't bother showing any interest because he would have been better than their starting QB, like the Jets for instance.

Most teams don't have the weapons he had to throw to, though. That's basically why Brady went there after all.

Darnold has his own turnover issues, but he had possibly the worst offensive supporting cast...and still looked better than Mayfield and most other young guys last year. If he can play more consistently like he has for the 2nd half of the past two seasons he'll be great.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean technically he's right.

If we assume he is talking about all of history, across all leagues, including little league.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Jameis Winsyon is god tier QB, and the Saints should sign him to back up Brees instead of that other fellow, what's his face.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Jamis is a type of QB that will throw 4TDs for you... but you'll still lose 35-28...because he threw 5 interceptions that were returned for TDs.