Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Her comics sell like crazy.
She's hijacking getting her own live action movie, with about four others in development.
Birds_of_Prey_%28and_the_Fantabulous_Emancipation_of_one_Harley_Quinn%29_teaser_poster.png

She's getting her own animated series, even before an icon like Wonder Woman.
Harley-Quinn-DC-Universe-Kaley-Cuoco.jpg

Probably the most cosplayed comic book character in cons as well. Shit's crazy.

Last edited:

Aine

May 27, 2019
Next to Wonder Woman, yes. DC's been pushing her as their Deadpool, and it's worked wonders for them.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn would definitely be at the top overall, at least where merchandising is concerned among any comic brand.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
She is insanely popular, and has been for years. With more movies coming, she is really just now hitting her mainstream stride.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
DC has been pushing her as their "fourth pillar" for some time now, behind Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Catwoman is up there too. I know she hasn't really been in anything for a while but I feel like everyone knows the character. WW, black widow, CM, HQ and Storm are probably the biggest

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think Catwoman is up there too. I know she hasn't really been in anything for a while but I feel like everyone knows the character. WW, black widow, CM, HQ and Storm are probably the biggest
Oh yeah, Catwoman I would put behind Wonder Woman but above Harley Quinn, all 3 bigger than anything Marvel has.

Catwoman has been on tv and movies forever, Harley Quinn has been in alot of the animated jump offs and Wonder Woman? Been watching her since Linda Carter and Super Friends vs the L.O.D. days

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, Catwoman I would put behind Wonder Woman but above Harley Quinn, all 3 bigger than anything Marvel has.

Catwoman has been on tv and movies forever, Harley Quinn has been in alot of the animated jump offs and Wonder Woman? Been watching her since Linda Carter and Super Friends vs the L.O.D. days

Supergirl am cry.

SinOfHeart

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Not on the same level as Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn, but I feel like a decent number of people could identify Poison Ivy even if they weren't into comics, it helps that she obviously has a really distinct plant theme going on.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the "female" character in the title.

That I'm not sure about, perhaps Captain Marvel?
...Captain Marvel? Nobody outside the comic fandom space even knew who she was before the movie. My dad watches every comic book movie and used to love comics, and when it was announced he said, "since when is Captain Marvel a woman?"

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably, as far as how enthusiastic people are about her, especially those tending younger. She's like everywhere on Instagram and at cons and what not. She also has a bunch of shows and movies in the pipeline.

But commercially? Wonder Woman and now Captain Marvel are probably much larger draws. Unless advanced word is terrible on any movie starring either they're going to drive up $800 mil easy. I don't think a purely Harley-driven vehicle could muster the same but hey, let's wait for Birds of Prey first (since she's obviously the main attraction).

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me that Storm was pretty popular in the 90s thanks to the X-Men comics consistently topping the charts. She even beat Wonder Woman in the Amalgam event due to more fan votes. I don't think Fox ever did enough with her in the films to capitalize on what could've been a fairly hit character in the 2000s and beyond.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She sucks. She's a terrible character.

The Batman TAS version was the peak and her costume was never better.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The few Harley Quinn comics I've read over the past few years have been 90% her eating/talking about eating and poop jokes. She's like a cheesecake diet deadpool.

Missed the "female" character in the title.

That I'm not sure about, perhaps Captain Marvel?
Who is the most popular female Marvel character? Spidergwen?

I mean if we are talking about general public here it's probably Black Widow. For comic fans it's probably Ms Marvel right now.

The rightful spot belongs to Storm though and she will no doubt reclaim it now that Disney owns Fox and they stop treating the X-Men like red headed step children.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the asstacular Suicide Squad Movie can do $750 WW, I wonder what a good Harley Quinn movie could do...

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also helps that she is played by a huge star in her movie adaptions. Though Suicide Squad sucked ass, Margot Robbie was the best part about that and her design is very recognizable.

Nov 1, 2017
Wonder Woman likely still has the crown, the movie might have helped people actually know some about her. She was one of those characters people knew of but likely knew best from that 70's TV show. Or sexy costumes.