Oct 25, 2017
"Deez nuts", "Yo momma", etc. You know, flippant responses that arent serious but if taken serious are technically offensive? I feel like Id get banned for "sexist rhetoric" or something for doing it

Anybody itching to hit a user with one of those classics or is it just me?

Oct 27, 2017
Some posts here are overly long and verbose ways of saying "deez nuts" anyway, but I think in general decorum leans towards putting a little more into it.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
We can all act as mature as we like, but sometimes, a well-timed, "deez nuts," is still funny. I have a hard time holding it together if one of my students really times one well on another student.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Make a health thread about your recent case of Ligma and see what happens.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I had to take "your mom" out of my vocabulary entirely after one of my friends mom died. I slipped up once and felt terrible, so awkward

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
19l9eu.jpg

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Try it.

Pretty hard to make someone laugh with that 🤷🏽‍♂️

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you asking us, why don't you ask yo mama?

Oh yeah... she's too busy with deez nuts.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I had to Google the meaning of deez nuts, I've not heard it in the UK before or I'm just too old.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
These jokes are ironic and are employed ironically. The cushion of performative irony is going to separate these kinds of jokes from genuinely offensive lines. Jokes like Bofa, deez, and ligma can all be understood as parodies of off-color wordplay. They are tongue in cheek and not offensive.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
you've gotta read the room. If it's a tense thread or about a serious topic like racial violence or sexual assault and you drop in with a deez nuts you'll get clapped. But if it's a stupid weekend era thread like this then it's probably fine.

best to ask candace tbh

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone remind me of the name of the spell that reduces hit/evade rate in Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games?

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
These jokes are ironic and are employed ironically. The cushion of performative irony is going to separate these kinds of jokes from genuinely offensive lines. Jokes like Bofa, deez, and ligma can all be understood as parodies of off-color wordplay. They are tongue in cheek and not offensive.
Did you hear that from rydon?
😏

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ask Joe what happened to him when he tried to a deez nuts joke.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was shopping at the local farmer's market and I asked the merchant if they had fermented succondese. They didn't know what I was talking about, so I had to clarify.

"Yes, fermented succondese nuts"

Uzupedro

May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Not funny I didn't laugh. Your joke is so bad I would have preferred the joke went over my head and you gave up re-telling me the joke. To be honest this is a horrid attempt at trying to get a laugh out of me. Not a chuckle, not a hehe, not even a subtle burst of air out of my esophagus. Science says before you laugh your brain preps your face muscles but I didn't even feel the slightest twitch.
0/10 this joke is so bad I cannot believe anyone legally allowed you to be creative at all. The amount of brain power you must have put into that joke has the potential to power every house on Earth. Get a personality and learn how to make jokes, read a book. I'm not saying this to be funny I genuinely mean it on how this is just bottom barrel embarrassment at comedy.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Not funny I didn't laugh. Your joke is so bad I would have preferred the joke went over my head and you gave up re-telling me the joke. To be honest this is a horrid attempt at trying to get a laugh out of me. Not a chuckle, not a hehe, not even a subtle burst of air out of my esophagus. Science says before you laugh your brain preps your face muscles but I didn't even feel the slightest twitch.
0/10 this joke is so bad I cannot believe anyone legally allowed you to be creative at all. The amount of brain power you must have put into that joke has the potential to power every house on Earth. Get a personality and learn how to make jokes, read a book. I'm not saying this to be funny I genuinely mean it on how this is just bottom barrel embarrassment at comedy.
I didnt laugh at deez nuts on your chin