• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who uses alerts with sound that cover the gameplay should immediately be disqualified. With a few exceptions like Vinesauce (probably who I'd personally give the "best" title to) the chill streamers are the ones you find near the bottom of the directories with double and low triple digit viewer counts, you should try watching small streamers before complaining that they're all obnoxious manchildren. Yes, the largest ones mostly are because sadly the audience wants that.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Vinny from Vinesauce. Most well rounded of all the streamers I watch, and even though he's big there's no donation bullcrap and he tries to actively dissuade it.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
StoneMountain64
Aculite
Tomographic
Westie
Stodeh
JackFrags

Skill and no try hards. Comedy varies - Stonemountain is hilarious - but they are good fun with zero screaming and cursing other players for real and edgy shit.

Edit: Have to include Rarezy aswell.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I feel like too many of these big "chill" streamers sit on the fence too much when it comes to a lot of issues within the gaming community.

They generally won't say shit.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
There are thousands of mature, adult chill streamers and honestly this topic is a bit cringe, as if 99% of streamers are cartoonish. Expand your horizons and browse twitch (youtube etc) a bit more and delve into categories you normally wouldn't, you'll find interesting people doing interesting things without being meme-y about it.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Twicht is a massive platform, theres a ton of great streamers that arent manchildren.

I watch Maximillian Dood and Northernlion cosistently and theyre both pretty great.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
There are plenty of solid streams just as is mentioned, they're not nearly as popular. For the life of me I can't understand why they're so many popular channels with mankid-like personalities. Is it because I'm getting old or something?

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Ive only met him once that he was playing Tarkov, it's the only game I watch streams on a regular basis, and I have so much respect for him cause the way he played it. It's one of the hardest fps games and he still had the courage to play it and was not afraid to at least learn the game (not the shit show dr. did with it).

I know some streamers that are also very friendly and chill, in Tarkov Deadlyslob and Robn are awesome. Also for Hunt u have Psychoghost that sometimes I also watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Cohh is always chill and it's nice to see him get so big over the past few years. I haven't watched him in awhile, but one thing I couldn't stand before was him always thanking subs/dono's and shit, it was like he could never get a word in at times lol

The main person I watch is Lirik, yeah he's huge, but damn he always manages to crack me up.

For a person not super popular check out Macaw45. If you are into old obscure games and just game history, you need to watch him, he's like Jeff Gerstsmann in that sense. I remember first watching him play some Taiwan PC games from the early 90's and that shit was great.

Here's a vod from a couple days ago of him playing "Tug of War" a Japanese game from the 90's about going to a demon realm to compete in tug of war...

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Last edited:

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
There is no best streamer, as it's all opinion based, but he's definitely one of my go to streamers. he's pretty good at games and more importantly I don't have to worry about an obnoxious chat and TTS spam.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Cohh is alright, but his stream is so way too loud and busy for me to be watching at 8 in the morning.

There are loads and loads of chill streamers out there. You just gotta look around a bit.

Off the top of head: Dexbonus, Kaitlyn, SimCopter1, Fruitbats, CurvyElephant, 0Reed, and Fairlight_Excalibur are currently my most frequently watched channels, and they all are pretty chill and don't act like children.

Last edited:

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Hasanabi because he is a pro gamer. He even beat the nameless king on his first try!

He is mostly a politics streamer and he occasionally plays games.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I tend not to watch 'huge' streamers, usually just streamers for Path of Exile or Hearthstone and they tend not to get super excited.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Cohh is the only streamer I watch regularly, but that's because he is a variety streamer who posts his playthroughs on Youtube. I rarely watch streams live. He also has a decent selection of niche games he plays. To mind comes the 200+ hours or so of Pathfinder Kingmaker (two runs).

But he also has some issues:
- overly non-critical of big games while he plays them. (he got better with it but you can't judge his opinion on a current game. A trope that was often brought together with Cohh was, that he likes every game. You could hear praises watching his stream and suddenly he drops it.)
- non-critical on CDPR and completely ignoring the transphobia issues.

Batsy

Oct 16, 2018
I like his takes on things especially on dropped frames but for some reason I can't watch his streams. Something about the way he plays games just isn't for me. I remember when I used to drive 1 hour to college I would turn on audio only mode and listen and it was perfect but when it comes to watching I don't know why I can't do it.

ShinyCoin

Oct 15, 2020
StoneMountain64
Aculite
Tomographic
Westie
Stodeh
JackFrags

Skill and no try hards. Comedy varies - Stonemountain is hilarious - but they are good fun with zero screaming and cursing other players for real and edgy shit.

Edit: Have to include Rarezy aswell.

Tom, Aculite and Stone are a great trio. This vid still kills me:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I find him inoffensive to a fault. I do like that he'll play some RPGs that others won't and he always plays on hard mode and 100% a lot of games but otherwise I don't care for him too much.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I'll occasionally watch Summit1G - in particular if he's playing Sea of Thieves.

Honestly, as long as you don't have an overbearingly fake personality, or a sweaty and arrogant demeanor, you're probably fine. Nothing turns me off a streamer faster than when they constantly over-react to everything in an attempt to be entertaining.

Jan 10, 2019
Don't think I've seen anyone mention Squillakilla, he's great and his chat is usually too, so there's that! Mostly watching Souls runners: Happy Hob, Faraaz, Lobos, Zeus, Dist. Loreena from Germany is great as well, and obviously Limmy is fantastic as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I also really like watching SarahKey's streams. She does some real fun stuff:

Likewise. While I'm not a huge fan of jrpg's, which is a focus on her channel, I love her passion and love for just video games in general. Streamers who love and have a passion for video games are my favorite streamers and the ones I gravitate towards. She's also super down to earth and just seems like a very sweet person.

LeighXP and Nyxipuff are great as well. You can tell they're both very passionate and have a genuine love for video games. Nyxipuff is currently streaming Dark Souls 1 and she's avoiding finishing the game because she loves the game that much and wants to do/see as much of the game as possible before getting to the end. LeighXP is currently working her way through the entire DMC games and she's just absolutely fangirling at the male characters in the game, which I find hilarious. She beat Bloodborne on stream and while she struggled mightily, she never gave up. I think it took her several hundred attempts or so to beat Orphan, but she never gave up.

And another vote for Maximilian_DOOD. Love his passion and knowledge.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Cohh has the same taste in video games as I do. Like he enjoyed games like Elex and Mass effect Andromeda and that gets a thumbs up from me.

I find him inoffensive to a fault. I do like that he'll play some RPGs that others won't and he always plays on hard mode and 100% a lot of games but otherwise I don't care for him too much.

I agree with this, honestly.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't watch any streamers at all but this thread got some serious boomer energy.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I don't really watch streamers but I've seen a few clips of him and he definitely seems a billion times more watchable than many of them for that reason you mentioned

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I guess it's because I mainly watch women streamers but I don't have trouble finding someone that doesn't yell into their mic any time something happens.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Hasan is great, but he gets baited by chat way too much and goes on a rant for hours from their bait comments. Still love 'em though. Max, Dan Ryckert, Forgotten_VCR are fantastic. Dan just got done beating Jeff Grubb in the leaderboards for Astro Bot. That was a ton of fun to watch.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
The Tetris 99 community on Twitch are great people - Tetrium, Clare, JinAndSoda, Baldseagull, Tenktenks etc. Small group But not obnoxious at all. Love joining them for some games.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's funny MoonMoon can be a toxic shit head so he's not always for me but I love that his toxicity is aimed at the right people, the shitty sexist racist assholes. I'm ambivalent about how much he's trolling people with the scraping spear in Demon's Souls though.

As far as Cohh, ignoring the Cyberpunk stuff which I think is pretty bad on its own, I was pretty frustrated with him and his chat during TLOU2. To be fair, almost all of Twitch was toxic as fuck towards the game, and not for what I would consider valid reasons, like crunch. But because of characters like Abby. Cohhs chat wasn't any different.

That being said, I went into one of his cozy streams after a really awful day and experience with another streamer spewing transphobia, and Cohh was pretty empathetic and addressed bigotry. Which was good to see.

Politics wise I feel he's a neoliberal, so he's not never gonna be Hasan or even MoonMoon for that matter.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Kyle Bosman. He's effortlessly mastered the perfect amount of nteracting with chat as well as engaging with the game in a way that's fun to watch, even if the game itself is not inherantly interesting.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Cohh seems like a nice dude, but if I were to call a stream/streamer unseasoned, it would be his. But his safe blandness is intentional, so keep rockin. I do like his RPG choices and cozy NMS streams though.

My main go to's are Max, CDNthe3rd, MANvsGAME. Each have their pros and cons, though, so I don't have a clear favorite.

I do find myself preferring super small streamers lately, though. If becoming a big streamer is their goal, I hope they achieve it. But it's nice watching a stream that doesn't come with all that big streamer stuff.