• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Take something chocolate

Add vanilla

= boom

Every time. Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Especially if the cake is hot with like melted chocolate sauce. I can't think of a better flavour combo off the top of my head.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Do you just mean sweet? There are probably lots of savoury combos that destroy.

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
I don't tend to like chocolate in forms that aren't a dark chocolate bar. So t'is a no for me.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Choco + Banana is a better ice Cream Combo

That said, the best flavour combo in general can't be something that doesn't include at least one very spicy item

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I like dark chocolate and raspberry myself. A couple of runner ups would be peanut butter/chocolate & chocolate/ banana.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Chocolate + many different types of fruit are better than chocolate + vanilla.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
People need to put some respect on vanilla's name and stop assuming it's some kind of bland default that needs help standing on its own.

Vanilla is a wonderful and rare spice with a strong and delicious flavor, good vanilla is one of the best things on this earth.

Now that the vanilla haters are dealt with I will say vanilla and chocolate isn't nearly the best chocolate combo, but to each their own.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
People need to put some respect on vanilla's name and stop assuming it's some kind of bland default that needs help standing on its own.

Vanilla is a wonderful and rare spice with a strong and delicious flavor, good vanilla is one of the best things on this earth.
I love vanilla but saying it's a better pairing with chocolate than fruit is just wrong.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
No need to ruin vanilla by adding chocolate (or anything else) to it; vanilla's fine-enough on its own.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
chocolate orange
terry-s-chocolate-orange-milk-ball.jpg

Why did you post this :( . I loved them when I was in Glasgow and they are not available where I live or pretty expensive online (up to 4€ for one!).

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I think chocolate doesn't mix well with anything except peanut butter. Chocalate and orange? Get that shit outta here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The hot, practically melting mud cake I used to make with an ex years ago was fucking perfect when paired with cold vanilla ice cream, so I guess I agree.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vanilla is good but it's an aroma like cinnamon.

Feeling candied morsels of orange peel in your chocolate bar is something else.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Choco/peanut butter. Choco/caramel. Choco/coffee.

Vanilla is fantastic by itself and doesn't need anything else to shine.