• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 'bathroom humor' funny?

• Yes

Votes: 246 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 135 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do farts make you laugh? Does that old man who called the shit poop in Billy Madison crack you up? Or do you hate manure and jokes and gags associated with it with a passion rivaled only by Biff Tannen himself?

Explain yourself and post examples. But please dont shit on me for posing the question.

Personally I find farts and burps funny as hell and always will.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely laugh at farts in movies, but in real life a well-timed fart can be the funniest thing in the world

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
If it's forced / expected no.

A random fart in real life can be funny, but it kinda depends on the moment.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
SameDisguisedCow-size_restricted.gif

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I feel like no matter your age, if you don't laugh at farts then you've lost at life. I remember hearing my grandpa chuckle at my little brother accidentally farting at a family gathering. My grandpa was almost 90 at the time. I remember thinking, I wanna be like that.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find none of it even remotely funny tbh, same for most "gag" jokes. With that said I don't have an issue with farts, either. It's just kind of whatever.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't, but the opposing view in these sort of threads is usually that it isn't because it's revolting, and it isn't that either tbh. Not sure if that's a weird take, but those things just are to me.

I find none of it even remotely funny tbh, same for most "gag" jokes. With that said I don't have an issue with farts, either. It's just kind of whatever.
Posted just before I could hit post on mine, this yea

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A funny joke is a funny joke.

One of the best films of the year The Lighthouse has not one - but several fart jokes and moments of levity.

Dec 6, 2017
US
A friend of mine was a limo driver for a while. On his way into Manhattan, he was caught in stand-still traffic for two hours. He had assumed the trip would take approximately 30 minutes and therefore did not relieve himself prior.

He violently shit his pants in his limo driver uniform, the passengers bailed onto the highway's shoulder area due to the extreme stench and he was subsequently fired and had to pay for the professional cleaning fee of his uniform.

Not sure anything will ever be funnier than him telling this story in great detail at parties for the past ten years.

Oct 29, 2017
It being gross or not doesn't take away from a situation where a character is in great shame. Shame will always be an element of comedy as long as we are human.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
No.

This and people who post, pun intended, shit when they're on the toilet (pets watching them use the bathroom or "toilet selfies" or anything like that) is like the easiest way to get me to unfollow you on social media or snapchat or whatever. It's digusting - have some class.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
99% of the time, no, because it's the lowest-hanging of juvenile fruit.

That 1% of the time when it's expertly inserted into the situation, yes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If it's well executed, it's absolutely funny.

The anime Gintama is my favorite example of this. There are entire episodes full of potty humor, and the series pulls it off so well that it's always hilarious.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I was at the mall the other day and they had an entire wall lined with that sequin stuff that changes colors when you rub your hand up or down it.

A group of kids were in the process of writing about 20 instances of the word "fart" all over it.

I laughed heartily.

Jul 18, 2018
My GF says that toilet humor is such an American thing and doesn't really like it.
But fk that noise, its just damn funny. That and when someone throws up is just hilarious to me

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I don't like it in movies or TV shows, it comes off as a lame that someone got paid to write that kind of stuff. In real life though? Spontaneous fart jokes or poop jokes are funny to me. My significant other hates them though, and she gets mad when i laugh at them. Oh well!