• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you playing FFVII-R now?

• Yes, playing on PS4 now

Votes: 1,296 53.2%
  • No, waiting for PC version

Votes: 696 28.6%
  • No, waiting for XBox version

Votes: 233 9.6%
  • No, waiting for Switch version

Votes: 210 8.6%

• Total voters

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm curious if anyone here is holding off on FFVII-R until it comes to Switch/Xbox/PC? I haven't gotten it for PS4 yet and am debating if I should just wait since I have a million games in my backlog and I've already played FFVII in the past multiple times. Part of me kinda want to wait for PC since the game will look even more beautiful and I can check out whatever crazy mods the PC community comes up with.

MODs: can you fix the grammar mistake? Change hold to holding? thanks.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Already know the story, what's the rush when you can get it on game pass with better graphics and possibly more content.

Assuming we can survive this year.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I was planning on holding out for the PC version but it didn't happen sadly. I am enjoying the game so far on PS4 although it is not without it's share of flaws. I will probably double dip on Steam as this game should really be something on PC...

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I want to play it now but i still didnt buy it. I kinda want to know more about the PS5 backward compatiblity for it. if it can run smoother and upscaled, then I will wait till the PS5 is released.

I also want to know when the other parts coming out. I do not want to play it now or very soon and then wait 3 years for the other part. I would have forgotten everything by then. not the way i want to experience the game.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the Switch version, you'll hit triangle near an NPC and you'll have to wait a full 2 minutes for it to load their dialogue.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
You're predicting a Switch version? A bold strategy, Cotton.

This game was hella expensive and it's crucially important to SE as a going concern that they have a large player base to sell the next installments to. They're absolutely going to port it to everything under the sun, including mobile.

Unlike Luminous, UE4 is designed to be highly scalable. Expecting mobile/Switch ports of FFVII is far less outlandish than expecting FFXV: Pocket Edition, and that happened.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played the original so I'm not as hyped for the remake as others. Still interested in seeing what the fuss is about so I'll probably wait for a PC or a next gen release. Even though I have a PS4 I just have way too many other games to play right now.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I'd hate to rain on your parade, but I truly cannot imagine it coming to Switch. From what I've heard, it's pretty impressive that it's running on base model PS4's. I can't imagine them being able to run it on Switch.

It will probably come to Xbox. PC is a guarantee though.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you absolutely need to play a game at release, you should just wait to play it on a platform you actually prefer.

At a time where there are more great games coming out every year than anyone has time enough to play, there is no reason to support timed exclusives and other nonsense unless that's where you want to play it anyway.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Holding off for either Xbox or PC, not sure yet what I will play it on. I honestly hate using the DS4 (mostly because of the symmetrical sticks) for any third person adventure game/RPG like this so definitely going to wait it out

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'm certainly not, and I suspect most owners of PlayStation 4 aren't either. It's nearly brand-synonymous with PlayStation.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting until all episodes are done, but I'd likely get the full collection on PC because of backwards compatibility for future, and mods, and gyro controls/freedom of control any way I want to.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Waiting on the Xbox version next gen. I am playing it on my Roommate's PS4 after he's done but I won't personally be spending my money on this iteration.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I already have a PS4. Why would I wait? also good luck for those waiting for the switch version.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine the switch version PS4 struggles already. Honestly wait for PS5 or PC if your having doubts. BUT I love the PS4 version its actually a great game to me. I never played FF before any of them.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
@OP, do you know how graphics intensive and huge (file size-wise) the game is and that already on PS4 it seems to struggle to load in those textures and high LOD models?

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing Switch version with mario 64 textures crawling and squeezing every 5 steps pop in npcs two steps away and holding triangle is a lifestyle.

Edit: Playing PS4. Switch version is original FF7. There's zero chance this game comes out on Switch.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I can only imagine those environmental textures, which are awful, on the Switch lol.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Might pick it up if there is ever a switch version. Don't have time to play a jprg in front of a TV

OP
OP
jacks81x

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Switch version? What do you know that you haven't tell us OP?

Switch, huh...?
I'm going to say that is unlikely.

Can you imagine the switch version PS4 struggles already. Honestly wait for PS5 or PC if your having doubts. BUT I love the PS4 version its actually a great game to me. I never played FF before any of them.

Maybe they can do a Pocket Edition for Switch like they did for FFXV?

Oct 30, 2017
There are people seriously expecting a Switch Version ?!

Anyhow, playing now on my PS4 Pro... and will also double dip on future PS5 version.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Never was interested in FF7. So I can wait till a PC version appears.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Who's gonna play a Switch version lol. If the PS4 version already has problems loading textures and shit, I don't even want to know what a Switch version would look like.
I'm gonna play the game whenever I'm able to get a physical copy.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
I have a PS4 and even if I didn't I wouldn't PORT BEG for it come to my platform of choice.

Currently it's on the PS4 do if you want to play it, get a PS4.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to wait, but since everything will probably get delayed this year, and I had a gcu pre order still locked in, I just kept the pre order.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Playing through chapter 8 right now On ps4 pro and I kind of wish I waited for the pc version.