• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Model?

• iPhone XS

Votes: 323 33.3%
  • iPhone XS Max

Votes: 495 51.0%
  • iPhone XR

Votes: 153 15.8%

• Total voters

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
XS Max shipped from Verizon! Friday can't come soon enough.

Has anyone's Apple Watch shipped from Apple yet? My ship date is still a week after release.

newline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I'm trying to work out whether this deal is worthwhile or whether I should just go for the apple upgrade program + sim only.

It's in the UK with EE. Essentially it is 100 GB of data & an iPhone XS Max 256GB for £40 upfront £74 a month. That totals out at £1816 pounds or £566 (£23.5 a month) when removing the cost of the phone.

Alternatively I could go for the apple upgrade program but i'd need to get a sim only deal ontop of that. I'm not sure I can find anything better than the 100GB for 23 quid, especially seeing as EE's speeds are unrivalled here in London.

Any suggestions?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Maaaan, so many people last year had their preorders bumped up to release date after the fact. I was hoping that would happen with mine (9-28-10/5)

Bounce, payments! BOUNCE!
Im in the same boat as you.
Im checking my order status like 3 times a day. Seeing if it's been bumped up, haha.

Even if it's just a week later (28th) I wouldn't mind, but I really hope I don't have to wait until October to get it. :(

My only other iOS device is my iPad Mini 2 and I've already downloaded all the apps I'll want on my XS Max as well as organized it how I'll want it on my phone so hopefully it'll sync everything over from iCloud.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if you don't get yours Friday, you can probably reserve on at the Apple Store Saturday or Sunday if you wake up and try for in store pickup. That's what I did the last two years when I missed out on release day delivery.
I've done the Apple Store the last two times. It's a nightmare. The line never moves because people get their phone and are like "Hey salesman, can you just show me stuff on this phone for the next half hour?"

The last time, I was so relieved to get out that I left with both my new phone and my old phone, with neither party realizing it.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
That's not bare back. You have to go 100% case-less like me. Just risk it :) Luckily I replace every year so even with the scratches I do get by the end of the year, it gives me another appeal of a new phone.

To be fair this was the first year I got a major scratch across my screen since owning iPhones but it was only noticeable with the screen off or the brightness incredibly low (I run full brightness always except when at a low-light situation like a club or restaurant where it would distract others).

Live dangerous, I like it. It goes well with the sheer unashamed opulence of owning an iPhone XS Max

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My slot is the last one of the day on the 21st, you think they'll entirely run out on the 22nd? I can happily get there for store open on the 23rd and it's a big store.

They don't hold it for you if you've already put an order in? I hoped it'd be at least 24-48 hours.

They hold it for you for that day, but when the store closes the reservations are reset.

You can always try calling ahead of time (it won't send you to the store first even if you call the store's number so say you need to talk to a manager or something) and see if they can do something.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Live dangerous, I like it. It goes well with the sheer unashamed opulence of owning an iPhone XS Max

Exactly! It was pretty damn expensive in Canada though - $1700 CDN. But worth it as it's the main thing I use in my life.

Which watch did you end up getting or you an analog only guy for sake of fashion?

I'm going to get the single tour Hermes (that's what I have now with my 42mm watch) so it's still decently fashionable (and the colour matches my Louboutin city shoes so I can get away with it being not as fashionable I think lol) but I don't know whether the 44mm is too big so I have to try them first but now it means I have to wait a month unless I line up or get lucky at the Hermes store instead :(

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Exactly! It was pretty damn expensive in Canada though - $1700 CDN. But worth it as it's the main thing I use in my life.

Which watch did you end up getting or you an analog only guy for sake of fashion?

I'm going to get the single tour Hermes (that's what I have now with my 42mm watch) so it's still decently fashionable (and the colour matches my Louboutin city shoes so I can get away with it being not as fashionable I think lol) but I don't know whether the 44mm is too big so I have to try them first but now it means I have to wait a month unless I line up or get lucky at the Hermes store instead :(

I went with the 44mm steel, which is also Cellular only. I've got a Hermes band for my current watch but might double down for another Hermes band.

Haven't felt the need to go for the full Hermes watch as I want it day one and use complications on my watch faces, and there are no other external indicator for it being a Hermes watch.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I went with the 44mm steel, which is also Cellular only. I've got a Hermes band for my current watch but might double down for another Hermes band.

Haven't felt the need to go for the full Hermes watch as I want it day one and use complications on my watch faces, and there are no other external indicator for it being a Hermes watch.

I bought just the band originally to use with my Apple Watch Edition after, so never had the Hermes watch face.

But those watch faces look really good. I can always just switch between 2 - Hermes when just standard wearing watch and switch it to an Apple one when working out for example. My Hermes band has gotten a bit discoloured and beat up as I wear it every day (and haven't looked after it with water splashing on it every so often), so since I need a new band - may as well get Hermes edition. Plus it also comes with an Hermes orange sport band.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Will Apple Stores have screen protectors in-stock on Friday even though the website lists October 17th for in-store pickup/delivery? Can't remember if there was an actual shortage last year.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
According to someone on Reddit seems like he/she called AT&T and they said that they will be shipping out iPhones on the 20th for release day delivery. Seems like they will be shipped overnight.

Bengraven