Do you ever un-mute your phone?

• My Phone is never un-muted - brrrrr brrrrr for life!

Votes: 606 61.8%
  • Depends on the situation

Votes: 282 28.8%
  • My Phone is never muted - I Bought this Crank Ringtome for $2.99 I'm Using It!

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Action Button 2: The Dark World

Votes: 52 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Not sure I like the new call interface. Much preferred the legacy version they had been using before.

That said give it a month and I'll probably be so used to it, I won't even notice the difference.

For cases and camera protectors so have an otterbox book style case and that thing has Saved my screen and camera lenses so many times:
Also get a screen protector, whenever I get a new phone first I always get. Not broken a phone screen in over 11 years.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Any comparison photos of the 14 pro vs 15 pro in terms of picture quality?

ok nice to hear in the petal pixel review that the 24 mp photos look a bit less over processed than the 12 mp ones. Thank god.

RomToggins

Jul 4, 2023
UK
Interestingly both Peta Pixel and Marques point out that the extra 28mm and 35mm 'lenses' are more than just digital crops. They seem genuinely surprised by the image quality

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hm I didn't consider the photo sizing when going for the 128gb model. Meh… I've had 128gb for 3 years on my 12 Pro and am still not close to filling it up + I am all in on iCloud so I don't mind when it offloads older/non-featured photos to the cloud.

As a lapsed photographer I am excited about the dedicated focal length options!

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah The Verge say the same. They say there's extra stuff going on.
Wow that's super interesting. I always assumed it just took like the middle portion of the image. Seems like it takes a bunch and the full 48 then mashes it all together.

I'm happy they decided to go for 24 mp finally. I think that natural extra detail will be nice. I always felt like the photos were a little over sharpened on the 14 pro.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Is this a good triple charging stand (Belkin triple)? Don't have Airpods as have XM4's but getting something to account for if I do in the future seems decent. Design looks nice and functional. The Anker Cube was cool but a little... angular for my tastes and looked like going horizontal with the phone might be tight with the watch there as well.

I bought one a few weeks ago after deliberating over multiple of these types of chargers, and I love it. It is pricey but I was able to get one in "used - like new" condition for like $40 cheaper and it's been rock solid.

Nastrodamous

Oct 28, 2017
I really can't decide if I should just get the 15 plus. I really hate my 14 pro battery life and I really don't use camera enough to justify the Pro Max

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I bought one a few weeks ago after deliberating over multiple of these types of chargers, and I love it. It is pricey but I was able to get one in "used - like new" condition for like $40 cheaper and it's been rock solid.
Great to know, thank you! It's definitely pricey but not having three leads for separate chargers would be really nice. Plan to have this on my desk so I can charge phone while I'm working and it's idle, and watch when I'm getting ready in the morning and getting ready for bed at night.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what weather app Marques is using in his new video? (Link jumps to the timestamp)

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

apps.apple.com

‎(Not Boring) Weather

‎~ WEATHER DOESN’T HAVE TO BE BORING ~ The simple weather app that’s winning awards (Apple Design Award, Best Weather Apps) and impressing tastemakers (MKBHD, Fast Company). ~ PLAYFUL YET FUNCTIONAL DESIGN ~ Turn your daily weather forecast into a memorable experience with a next-generation...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone know what weather app Marques is using in his new video? (Link jumps to the timestamp)

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
A quick Google yielded this:
apps.apple.com

‎(Not Boring) Weather

‎~ WEATHER DOESN’T HAVE TO BE BORING ~ The simple weather app that’s winning awards (Apple Design Award, Best Weather Apps) and impressing tastemakers (MKBHD, Fast Company). ~ PLAYFUL YET FUNCTIONAL DESIGN ~ Turn your daily weather forecast into a memorable experience with a next-generation...

Edit: Damn 🐢 too slow. Looks really nice though!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I do a case with no screen protector. I can never get a screen protector on right. I haven't noticed many scratches at all, maybe because the case elevates the front above whatever I put it down on. If I did notice, I'd just get it replaced with Applecare.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do a case with no screen protector. I can never get a screen protector on right. I haven't noticed many scratches at all, maybe because the case elevates the front above whatever I put it down on. If I did notice, I'd just get it replaced with Applecare.
I used to do the same, but my Pro Max 14 has some scratches on the screen, so i'm going with a screen protector for the 15, but no case !

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely having some second thoughts about my purchase now after seeing a few reviews.
The natural titanium is looking a lot more "gray" than I expected based on Apple's images.
Meanwhile, the blue titanium looks so much better.

But Apple's website did not make the restrictions on shooting Log/ProRes very clear.
prores1zev6.png

I thought "with external recording" was highlighting a new feature, not a requirement.
You can't shoot 4K60 on-device. And you can only shoot in Log if you're using ProRes.
Apparently that 1080p restriction is still there for the 128GB 15 Pro as well, despite not being listed.

I went for the 1TB upgrade specifically because I planned to shoot ProRes video.
I could probably get by with 256GB otherwise, which would save me $400.

And I have to say, the photos/HDR footage from PetaPixel's review looked pretty bad.
Unless you're shooting Raw/ProRes, it doesn't look like they have improved things much over previous years. Very unnatural/artificial looking results.

Nahhh nothing beats bare glass.
shellrus.com

Sapphire Screen Protector for iPhone 15 Series

We will switch back to the classic alignment frame for the iPhone 15 series this year. Screen protectors from previous years will not be compatible with the 15 series. The most scratch-resistant screen protector available. Guaranteed scratch-resistance at 9 on the Mohs hardness scale. Premium...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I don't *think* Applecare covers scratches/cosmetic blemishes. Presumably you'd need to fully crack your screen to get it done through them (which you could do)

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nahhh nothing beats bare glass. You can't see the scratches while using the phone either, only in the reflection of the sun when the screen is black, but I know just knowing theyre there irks ppl lol.
It's also because if you want to sell your Iphone to someone, it's way better to not have a single scratch on the screen.
I don't *think* Applecare covers scratches/cosmetic blemishes. Presumably you'd need to fully crack your screen to get it done through them (which you could do)
Yup, this. I have Applecare + and i need my screen to be cracked if i want them to change it. I remember last year, when i asked about this, the person at the Apple Store i talked to told me 3 times during our conversation "We can't change it, but if you're really unlucky and your screen cracks, then we'll be happy to do it"... aka "Go crack your goddamn screen and we'll do it"

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely having some second thoughts about my purchase now after seeing a few reviews.
The natural titanium is looking a lot more "gray" than I expected based on Apple's images.
Meanwhile, the blue titanium looks so much better.

I was actually the opposite! I didn't like the look of natural at all initially (I thought it was more baige/sandy) so I ordered black but then when I saw some actual videos/screens and saw that it was actually a more MacBook style grey/silver I was sold. Matches the titanium band around the side and I love it.

RomToggins

Jul 4, 2023
UK

I think it has a lot to do with the lighting. Under bright studio lights it seems to look more like silver, but in more natural conditions the warmer tones seem to come out. Like more of a greyish gold. Think I need to see it in person to decide if I want that or the blue

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Great to know, thank you! It's definitely pricey but not having three leads for separate chargers would be really nice. Plan to have this on my desk so I can charge phone while I'm working and it's idle, and watch when I'm getting ready in the morning and getting ready for bed at night.

Having just one cable instead of 2/3 was also a big thing for me since I have mine on my nightstand with limited plug space. And most of the dual/triple stands I came across require you to pop in the charger for the watch which kinda defeated the purpose imo. But the main reason I got it was for standby mode since I can pop my phone on there at night and use it as an alarm clock.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
are there any photos of the natural titanium next to an Apple Watch ultra? Just wondering if they're the same colour.

MarbledJelly

May 24, 2022
If I have both phones in front of me is there a way to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone without using iCloud? Mine hasn't backed up in nearly a month for some reason.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I always go caseless and without screen protector, a case just ruins the look of the phone for me and screen protectors are just a bit shit.

It does have its drawbacks though, every iPhone I've had has got a few scratches on it, but nothing crazy or anything.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the Natural finish anymore after watching some reviews… It looks very silver and almost dirty. Was expecting more earthy tones.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hm I didn't consider the photo sizing when going for the 128gb model. Meh… I've had 128gb for 3 years on my 12 Pro and am still not close to filling it up + I am all in on iCloud so I don't mind when it offloads older/non-featured photos to the cloud.

As a lapsed photographer I am excited about the dedicated focal length options!

icloud mitigates that a lot though - if it only keeps screen sized previews the size of the originals doesn't really matter?

for the 'focal lengths' - I'd like something like the 'auto portrait' mode where even if you select 2x, the camera keeps the original capture so you can reframe at different focal lengths later (eg you accidentally chop the top of someone'd head off)

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Worth the upgrade for the 15 Pro Max?
Big enough of a jump?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
For fellow "the new camera is super important" people

- YouTube

For a video made by photographers/videographers… it was really boring and not very appealing visually ha. Also felt like I didn't really learn much that we didn't get from the conference already.