• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
iphone11camera-1568143426.jpg

iPhone 11

iPhone 11 Pro & Pro Max

Both

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Haven't had a time to read thoroughly but the consensus seems to be: the battery life is real and the camera is incredible.

Let me know if there's any other notable reviews I've missed, I literally just googled for articles written within the last hour.

Ridiculously expensive and no headphone jack, as expected
Yeah we actually knew that a week ago, good keeping up.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I'll let you know after I've read through them, but I wouldn't expect much. You'll get the usual YouTube drop tests after it publicly launches I'm sure.
Thanks! But yea, probably nothing specific until launch.
Would just be nice to see the talk of better durability finally materialize in a noteworthy way.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
iPhone 11 Max Pro in midnight green. Ready to pick up on Friday :D I am coming from a 6s +. Looking forward to it.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always try to keep up with the best camera in a phone because it's what I use my phone for a lot and it matters to me to have it ready to go. For the last few years that's been Pixel fairly comfortably, even though those phones compromised elsewhere they just blew the competition away in the camera.

If Google don't have some magic on October 15th I bet they're sweating right now. A lot. Results look gorgeous on the 11 Pro.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
The camera and battery hype is real. that's good. I'm still waiting till next year but at least by then there's stuff to look forward to over my X.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
You still can't switch between lenses if you shoot at 4k60 (Verge review of the "Pro")!? That's like the biggest gripe I have when recording video since they introduced the option

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about specs that much but want as small of an iPhone as possible. Too bad and XR and 11 are bigger than the XS / 11 Pro

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the night mode doesn't seem to be as prone to making scenes look way too bright like the Pixel 3.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Blown away by some of the night mode shots. They capture the actual scene so much more naturally, even compared to Night Sight.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So the camera seems to be significantly better than the XS and Note 10, and it's a little more of a coin flip with the Pixel. Pixel puts out more visually exciting photos without looking overly processed like the Note, but the iPhone retains so much more detail. If Deep Fusion is as good as Apple promises, it should put it squarely ahead, so the face off between Pixel 4 and Deep Fusion 11 should be very interesting.

e: oh that's for photos, in video the iPhone absolutely annihilates, although audio recording I think the Pixel is squarely ahead going by The Verge's video.

Holy fuck that detail

Last edited:

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seen any comparisons on what battery gains the OLED iPhones have from Dark Mode? Curious to see if the better battery life is due to that.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Anyone seen any comparisons on what battery gains the OLED iPhones have from Dark Mode? Curious to see if the better battery life is due to that.
From Nilay it sounds like Apples battery tests are focused on single use cases (like "Playing video") which doesn't necessarily reflect real-world use.

And IIRC, Dark mode doesn't do that much in respect to battery life.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'm holding off this year, not quite enough to convince me to upgrade from an XS max. The improvements are good, but I rather pay off my XS max and sell it in a year for like $400, then just trade it in for this one.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Red

Oct 26, 2017
God. The cameras. I've been let down by the iPhone cameras two years now. They're finally back in the game.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Every year I hesitantly just give in to the upgrade. Same with this year, but these reviews have removed that vague regretful feeling.