Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

shaunLEGEND

Oct 28, 2017
Did you guys receive email confirmation?

I'm unsure about my order as I was pre-authorized for a 64gb pro max but then changed it to 256gb and it says order placed but when I check status on app, there is no date.

Edit: patience is a virtue lmao. Just received email confirmation for September 20!

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Done. Green Pro Max 256 for In-Store pick up at the 5th Ave store. Managed to get it on the 20th as well, the day before I leave for a week long Paris trip! Excited to upgrade from my dying 6 Plus.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason not to upgrade if I'm in the upgrade program.. right?

sure there is - this is how they get you to constnatly pay every month for ever.

You could keep on upgrade for a year and then the phone is yours - keep it one more year and you have a year with no monthly charges saving you hundreds of dollars.

Oct 25, 2017
Got 9/20 delivery for a 256GB Midnight Green 11 Pro Max.

I'm part of the upgrade program and at first it said my order was on hold despite doing pre-auth and getting through checkout super fast.

It updates 3-4 mins later with 9/20 and got an email as well. Gave me a heart attack.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
we in thaaar

11pro 256 grey, sep 20 store pick up

i'm guessing people getting sep 23 are picking green 64gb? (probably the most popular model that's going faster?)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I typically don't even fill up 64 GB so save some money (lol, sure Jan) 11 Pro Max 64 in green for me.

Oct 25, 2017
sure there is - this is how they get you to constnatly pay every month for ever.

You could keep on upgrade for a year and then the phone is yours - keep it one more year and you have a year with no monthly charges saving you hundreds of dollars.
Is this like a bunch of words garbled into one post? Lol

I think what this guy meant to say is that you could NOT upgrade and still pay for one more year on your existing phone which means you get to keep it and maybe resell it after this next year.

or you can upgrade and pay the same monthly again but not get to own it after this year because obviously it's a two year payment thing.

I should note that the sales tax is something you have to pay each time and activation fees I think? Each year if you upgrade all the time.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Pro Max 256 GB Space Gray for September 20th. The camera stuff is the main reason for my upgrade from the X. 512 GB would be nicer for all the video recording I do, but I'm never in situations where I can't transfer video onto my PC to clear up space. I like to record myself playing VR games, but it's not possible to have my whole room fully in frame with my recording setup. I am hoping the wide camera lens will fix that. Plus, the lighting in my room isn't great, so I am hoping the Pro Max will help with that too!

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
If I ordered the Verizon version, could I just pop in my current Verizon 7+ SIM card?

Aren't they all the unlocked phone, they just come with one of that provider's SIM card if you pick that option?

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
So I did T-Mobile and did the option to

"Activate with your Carrier Later
Complete your purchase faster by skipping carrier activation now."

I'm not under any contract or payment plan with T-Mobile. I did one time payment. I'm just on the One wireless plan under them. Does the rule of having the primary account holder on my wireless plan pick up the phone still apply or is it just considered an unlocked iPhone?

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Friend, why are you not getting the fully loaded model? Your dad diverting your allowance back to the speedboat?
the max is way too big for my jcrew chinos. it looks like those frying pan sized androids

and i care for the planet friend, no need to waste silicon on a 512. how many AB pics do you have on your phone to fill up half a tera?

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i made that way more difficult for myself then necessary but I have done the deed.

11 Pro Max Silver 64GB

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the max is way too big for my jcrew chinos. it looks like those frying pan sized androids

and i care for the planet friend, no need to waste silicon on a 512. how many AB pics do you have on your phone to fill up half a tera?
That's not how you care for the planet friend. You would be using a row boat if you truly cared friend.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a 256GB 11 pro. Probably green. I'm not particularly excited about it. I think this is one of the least interesting updates to the iPhone in several years. In many aspects, it's a refinement. And that's nice. But it seems like Apple has found a habit of stepping backwards on key technology every few years. I still miss TouchID, which was a more convenient, faster solution than FaceID. FaceID works fine but it's just not quite as good, and it's a shame to have it as the only biometric auth option. I think it makes more sense on something like a MacBook, which frustratingly uses TouchID. The use cases are opposed; Apple's solutions here are totally backwards. And now they've also taken a step back with haptic touch replacing 3D Touch, which was a terrific solution for adding new, responsive inputs on the touchscreen. All these secondary inputs are going to take just that much longer now. They had a good solution for years. Now they switch to something slightly worse, slightly slower. It's frustrating.

FaceID is just as fast as TouchID with the improvements iOS 13 brings. It's basically instant unlock now.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Black 11 128GB to collect on Friday. Shame I couldn't trade in and get on IUP, but then again Apple would only give me £170 for my 7+ anyway, and I can get £230 recycling it myself. Just would have liked lower monthly payments lol.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have liked the Max but I just didn't feel like the price was worth it to me right now, so I'm just getting the 11. Would've been green for the Pro, but I'm going purple for 11!

Red

Oct 26, 2017
FaceID is just as fast as TouchID with the improvements iOS 13 brings. It's basically instant unlock now.
That's fine, and I appreciate the better angles the 11 series is said to offer. But it still makes more sense to me to use a finger as the biometric target on a handheld device. I miss being able to simply double tap the touch sensor for NFC payments.

I'm not going to say FaceID doesn't have advantages. TouchID didn't work with wet fingers, and it was cumbersome if for instance the phone was mounted in a car and I was trying to unlock to access GPS. FaceID works well in those situations. But it's the more common use cases, like making an NFC payment, where TouchID was more convenient. It feels like FaceID was designed around edge cases. It provided better auth in situations TouchID handled poorly. But it was a step back in the cases TouchID handled well.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Black 11 128GB to collect on Friday. Shame I couldn't trade in and get on IUP, but then again Apple would only give me £170 for my 7+ anyway, and I can get £230 recycling it myself. Just would have liked lower monthly payments lol.

did you pay upfront or just reserve to collect? You can go instore and apply for iup/payments at that point

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Face ID has reached a level of "I don't think about it" seamlessness when unlocking, which should be the holy grail of bio authentication.

The thought of going back to Touch ID and "put your finger here" even if "here" is the screen, seems backwards to me.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
ordering on the app was a breeze. I opted to pick up my grey Pro from the store in Cambridge to avoid delivery headaches.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I did T-Mobile and did the option to

"Activate with your Carrier Later
Complete your purchase faster by skipping carrier activation now."

I'm not under any contract or payment plan with T-Mobile. I did one time payment. I'm just on the One wireless plan under them. Does the rule of having the primary account holder on my wireless plan pick up the phone still apply or is it just considered an unlocked iPhone?

At least with my pre order (att is my network) it said the primary account holder can pick up OR any authorized users on the account. I'm one of the authorized users so there shouldn't be any issues

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
That's fine, and I appreciate the better angles the 11 series is said to offer. But it still makes more sense to me to use a finger as the biometric target on a handheld device. I miss being able to simply double tap the touch sensor for NFC payments.

I'm not going to say FaceID doesn't have advantages. TouchID didn't work with wet fingers, and it was cumbersome if for instance the phone was mounted in a car and I was trying to unlock to access GPS. FaceID works well in those situations. But it's the more common use cases, like making an NFC payment, where TouchID was more convenient. It feels like FaceID was designed around edge cases. It provided better auth in situations TouchID handled poorly. But it was a step back in the cases TouchID handled well.
Nothing like whipping your phone out of your pocket and have it already unlocked. I prefer Touch ID while running too

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a silver 256Gb iPhone 11 Pro

Only £52 a month on sky mobile for 10Gn of data and unlimited calls and texts, £5 more than only now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Face ID has reached a level of "I don't think about it" seamlessness when unlocking, which should be the holy grail of bio authentication.

The thought of going back to Touch ID and "put your finger here" even if "here" is the screen, seems backwards to me.

Just me making shit up, but if you had a fingerprint reader under the bottom half of the screen, you could almost be consantly unlocking it as you touch/scroll etc. So it'd kind of be like the apple watch - as long as you don't take it off it is unlocked. That could help with the seamless unlocking

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get on the upgrade plan this year and ditch my 7+ and AT&T, but sounds like next year is the phone with meaningful changes like USB-C. I'm thinking I just get the 11 instead of the Pro, and next year get the primo phone since that will (hopefully) be what I actually want.

does that plan make sense or am i stupid

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
Currently on T-Mobile and prepurchased an 11Pro Max with T-Mobile listed as the carrier. I'm thinking of switching to Verizon. Unfortunately apples system would not let me switch the carrier at checkout. Is the phone already unlocked? Or would I need to exchange at pickup?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to get on the upgrade plan this year and ditch my 7+ and AT&T, but sounds like next year is the phone with meaningful changes like USB-C. I'm thinking I just get the 11 instead of the Pro, and next year get the primo phone since that will (hopefully) be what I actually want.

Just keep the 7+ for another year ~

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017

It makes sense, but why not spend the extra $15/month and get the phone you want instead of settling? Like someone else either here or Reddit said I view this "lease" now as a monthly part of my phone bill. Even after paying the phone off years ago, they still charged you for it but now I get a new phone each year for the same price.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Went to buy from Apple right at launch and got a date of October for the Pro Max. Said "fuck that" and went to Verizon and got one there for launch day. Got the wife a normal Pro as well. Both got the dark green because that color is amazing.

Last edited:

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend got her preorder for the 11 green in. She was debating between the purple and the green but that shade is one of her favorites. She had to watch a couple of vids to see the difference as just the name green was throwing her off. Wanted to make sure it was more of a teal in person. I ended up with the midnight green pro "downgraded" from a max. I felt it was just a little too big and I like being able to use it one handed while walking. Guess we'll see if it was a mistake. I was really tempted to just go with the 11 but I actually use the telephoto lens a decent amount for some work stuff so I wasn't sure if I could give that up.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't drag my ass out of bed at 5am and now the phone I want is sold out for 2-3 weeks and no store availability. Damnit.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Have to wait until November, when I'm back in the States to get this.

But as soon as I am, the that 512GB 11 Pro Max and Apple Watch Series 5 are mine.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Friend, why are you not getting the fully loaded model? Your dad diverting your allowance back to the speedboat?
Time are getting tough. Its a bitch when your allowance gets cut.

I just ordered my wife the MegaMax iPhone Professional in Steel Grey and I can't believe we just spent that much on a phone. She is coming from a 6S.