• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even though the new ones were on the horizon i didn't expect it to be a day after i buy my 11 inch refurbished pro but other than the storage space difference I'm pretty happy i got mine when i did. And i contacted Apple the refurbished model i got dropped in price and I'm getting the difference credited back to me so i am super happy right now!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah I need to see the benchmarks on this "new" A12Z. A refurb could be the go. Really disappointed it isn't triple lens. I don't care for AR at all.

Popokarimu

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Even though the new ones were on the horizon i didn't expect it to be a day after i buy my 11 inch refurbished pro but other than the storage space difference I'm pretty happy i got mine when i did. And i contacted Apple the refurbished model i got dropped in price and I'm getting the difference credited back to me so i am super happy right now!
Thanks for this! I just got my 11 inch refurb in yesterday. Saw your post and contacted Apple and they gave me the difference back.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking. The UK refurb site has a 64gb WiFi version for £679 and I'm wondering whether it's the new price or not.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's finally announced! I will wait to hear some reviews, but I'm looking forward to buying it. I don't see what the point of the keyboard is though. I have a$20 keyboard I already bought for using keyboard shortcuts in drawing apps.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
USD it was 679 yesterday. This morning it went to $549 USD. They gave me the price difference especially since it was purchased yesterday
Looks like the UK price hasn't dropped yet. Might be able to convince the other half to dive in at £550, especially if we can sell one of our iPad air 2s for £100+. Had it for 5 years. They are built to last.

Thanks

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Keyboard is amazing but at that price I will pass.

I'm sure it will be cheaper and maybe even better when it's not the first version.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The price is about what I expected, but if the reviews are that it's legitimately solid I'm getting it

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I'm in heaven now. With the Apple Trackpad connected the gestures and all just feel like second nature. The only thing I'm missing or not finding is a gesture to bring up the dock, but that's about it. Zooming and panning, switching between apps, bringing down the notification slide, going home, it's all absolutely perfect.

Love the cursor and the way it changes shape over different elements too, especially love how it disappears over icons and instead enlarges the icon a bit to see what you highlighted.

This is the day the iPad finally became a full-fledged Laptop replacement.

-edit: lol, I just realized the dock pops up automatically if you move your cursor to the bottom of the screen. Well then, that's amazing too.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
iPad arrived and I am loving it. Got my keyboard case too.. Absolutely worth it especially at the refurbished price I got with the price difference credit I'll be getting too. I also cant believe how fast it came. I did ask for express shipping but i didn't expect it until Friday all things considered.

Thanks for all the replies also. Now just gotta find some fun gorgeous wallpaper and some good apps

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best Apple purchase in years, came out in 2018, still blazing fast and new magic keyboard coming out to give it new life (at $300)

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
PSA to those interested, but the Affinity Apps are currently 50% off. Designer and Photo are both great apps with a ton of power behind them. Also, applications for the Illustrator Beta (Adobe) are now live, if you want a chance to help shape / improve that software before it hits the public.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ordered the 12.9 at 256GB. Wifi only with the newer Pencil and smart keyboard.

I deliberated with the 11.0, but I want to draw and bigger surfaces are always better. Any feedback here?

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
question: how much does a storage upgrade cost in case you wanna use the hardware space on your Ipad?
Check the Apple website. Configure the SKU to the storage of space of choice. I usually like to max my devices, but the iPad Pro mark up is too much.

I went with 256. I won't be saving music or movies there. I'll stream them. So that should save a lot of space.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Ordered the 12.9 at 256GB. Wifi only with the newer Pencil and smart keyboard.

I deliberated with the 11.0, but I want to draw and bigger surfaces are always better. Any feedback here?

I went for a 12.9 with painting as my primary use. I didn't see any benefit to the 11.0 and even at that size it would have been a pain to hold and paint so why not get the larger one. Got a tablet stand for painting on my desk and one of those zugu cases for when I need to be more mobile and rest it on my lap, I'm happy with that setup.

kappapeachie

Aug 5, 2019
First I'd ask what you think you'll need the storage for. I have 256GB, and I've maybe used around ~80 of it in the since I got it (2018 launch day).

mostly artwork. i tend to draw a lot and some apps i use require me to save on the hard drive, but i'm not sure if 512 gb is enough so i ended up investing in some cloud storage.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
mostly artwork. i tend to draw a lot and some apps i use require me to save on the hard drive, but i'm not sure if 512 gb is enough so i ended up investing in some cloud storage.

Between my 256GB internal, my 200GB cloud (iCloud) and my external to back up old projects, I've fine. I illustrate between Procreate and Adobe Fresco (admittedly I have cloud storage there), and I have pre-release software for both Fresco & Photosho (so double space since projects sync between all versions) and I haven't really had any issues. I think going higher than 256 is pretty pointless, especially since you can use external storage, and it's so affordable (vs internal storage, which is comically expensive).

kappapeachie

Aug 5, 2019
Between my 256GB internal, my 200GB cloud (iCloud) and my external to back up old projects, I've fine. I illustrate between Procreate and Adobe Fresco (admittedly I have cloud storage there), and I have pre-release software for both Fresco & Photosho (so double space since projects sync between all versions) and I haven't really had any issues. I think going higher than 256 is pretty pointless, especially since you can use external storage, and it's so affordable (vs internal storage, which is comically expensive).

which external storage do you recommend I buy?

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
which external storage do you recommend I buy?

I just use a 1TB WD Passport, works perfectly. Really any external should work, but you'll either need a USB C adapter, or to get a USB C to Micro B cable. I personally recommend the cable since I've already lost two adapters, haha.

Cable:

Adapter:

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't even realize the new iPad Pro models had just been released and I ordered an iPad Pro from the Apple site on the 31st. That gets me the 2020 model, doesn't it? I got the base model which comes with 128GB which I believe was a new base level of storage for 2020.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't return it during the 30-day window? I was considering that, but I'd rather not tax the postal system with returns and back and forth rn.

What were your primary use cases? Drawing as well?
I should have. Yeah, drawing and watching video is all I do on it and it would be nice to have it be bigger. It feels cramped to me.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I didn't even realize the new iPad Pro models had just been released and I ordered an iPad Pro from the Apple site on the 31st. That gets me the 2020 model, doesn't it? I got the base model which comes with 128GB which I believe was a new base level of storage for 2020.

Yes, I don't know if you can even get the 2018 Pro's from Apple's website anymore unless it's refurbished

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Apple UK have the 2018 iPad Pro in 256GB for £649 - refurbished.

Thoughts on if that offers good value compared to the new model?

52club

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I'll say coming from the 2017 12.9 model to this 2020 12.9 model is that by removing the home button it reduced the foot print of the device. It all depends on what you are used to, and a bunch of other factors. However, I use mine for just consumption, and basically zero productivity and the 12.9 is now perfect for me.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does the new keyboard have adjustable acute angles? the current case only has something a bit > 90 degrees, and then something that's like 120 degrees. a major advantage of macbooks is still that the screen can be leaning in towards the keyboard, is that the case here?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
does the new keyboard have adjustable acute angles? the current case only has something a bit > 90 degrees, and then something that's like 120 degrees. a major advantage of macbooks is still that the screen can be leaning in towards the keyboard, is that the case here?

From like 25s in this video it seems like you would be able to lean the iPad forward and the bottom portion of the device would magnetically click to the cantilever piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02hnXEGn9Zg

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my 12.9. Loving this device! It's so fun to use. Got the new Apple pencil and 1.0 keyboard as well. The 2.0 keyboard is a bit much pricewise. Maybe when the economy is better. I did save up for this one, so I didn't feel too bad getting it.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I grabbed the iPad 11" inch 2020 for 789 at bh photo. I know the 12.9 is better for drawing but my wife does all her digital art on an old iPad mini so it will be a big difference either way. For me, I mostly do my photo editing on my PC but I might play with affinity photo. Either way, excited! Going from my iPad 3 to this will be a colossal jump.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
imgur.com

iPad home screen - Album on Imgur

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Organized my home screen.

God, I hate how folders look in iOS. Wish they followed the UI from the Files app. Bunch of janky icons in a box just looks so sloppy compared to a solid colored folder.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy is selling open box 2020 iPad Pros. Saw a 256 GB for $845. Curious..considering it came out during the lockdown. Seems like it would be pretty much new.

Any thoughts from anyone on this? Thinking of pulling the trigger.