starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
I'm actually happy about this. Censorship doesn't belong in video games at all, nor does personal politics. My stance on these type of cases is always that companies can do whatever they want with their product as long as they keep their (or others) personal political stands out of their products.
this isnt what censorship is you dingus

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually happy about this. Censorship doesn't belong in video games at all, nor does personal politics. My stance on these type of cases is always that companies can do whatever they want with their product as long as they keep their (or others) personal political stands out of their products.
"I don't know what censorship is"
BTW 2 messages, you ain't fooling anybody.

Oct 25, 2017
Wooo! Hey we got one!
Do you think gay jokes and homophobic slurs aren't indicative of the devs personal politics?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"I'm happy that homophobic rethoric can be used on games as long as they keep their anti-homophobic politics out of my games."

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure putting open homophobia in their games is actually them putting IN their personal political stances, when removing them would be de-politicizing, but okay, keep justifying toxic and hateful behaviour. Clown ass.

Oct 27, 2017
The dev team showed who they were when they decided that the type of 90's references they wanted to mine were funny ha-ha 'gay is the butt of the joke' shit. How tired and uninspired on top of being a piece of shit do you have to be? When I saw the blacklash from the shitty parts of their community I wondered what they would do. Did they want to cater to the shit dwellers or actually be good people? They answered that question.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Homophobia and transphobia are by definition personal politics.

Discoalucard

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Hate speech is their own personal politics so your post was just one big massive contradiction.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
What a shame. And it looked like such a cool game... but the "censorship" wouldn't fix the horrible dev comments on discord. This is minor compared to that.

Oct 25, 2017
Post with your main account, coward

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I mean, being homophobic is not political at all, is just you being an asshole

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this disgusting company and the toxic people running it. I will not only never give them a dime, I will also be encouraging people everywhere not to support anything by them after this.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Obviously these slurs are so important to the message of the game that removing them would be considered censorship. They absolutely should pull the game.

By hateful messages, I'm certain they just mean anyone speaking out against bigotry.
Well that's it but you can't stand for no censorship if you're only going to offer it one way.

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
How is derogatory speech about homosexuality not a personal political stand?

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
I'm honestly completely not nsurprised by this. I'm shocked there was an apology given in the first place.

I hope it tanks their company.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is impressively pathetic. Clearly that original statement was total bullshit and they don't actually care about the homophobic/transphobic behaviour displayed by the developer.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

I dont grasp how this statement makes any sense.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Peoples sexual orientation and gender identity are not politics

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Yup, the alt-right sure loves to take words and detach them from their original meaning. Their head canon meaning of "censorship" and "free speech" are basically eject buttons when cornered in a reasonable conversation.

Yuppers, their bad-faith defenses have never been about censorship or freedom of speech, but freedom from consequences. That the latter's devolved into the a right-wing dogwhistle is profoundly sad.

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is happening at 3D Realms?

Was their plan to just fake an apology to get the offended people on board again and wait with the 360 until they can't refund it anymore?

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
2. You ain't shit.

It's obvious Terminx has been a cunt for years. He can blame it on his brain injury and autism, but a cunt is just a cunt.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I almost feel like they tried to use the apology as bait to get people to bite and then pull this crap when it's too late to refund, glad I didn't bother.

mr teaspoon

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
Just so I'm clear, putting the behavior of the devs on message boards aside for a moment, the 'censorship' at question here is a lotion called 'Ogay'?

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the worse out of this is that 3D Realm choose which kind of users they wanted to be aligned with: Alt-righters

Those are the users they finally decide to please. That's what makes their last apology and their statement of 'we won' t allow hateful messages in our forums' pointless.

I hope Jim picks this up. This should be called out.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
God damn I've been looking forward to this game for so long and they just had to ruin it. I can't believe they apologized and planned to fix it and would just walk back like that. It's a shame they chose to appeal to that audience.

Zero84

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
Finland
Post with your main account, coward
I'm new.. Sorry. But hey.. I guess that doesn't matter.

Also.. Censorship isn't exclusive towards politics. Censorship doesn't belong in video games. Games can have as much politics in them as possible, but because video games are generally fictional products, issues and politics also should be fictional and not reflections of the creators. Simple.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

Because hateful homophobia isn't the raison d'etre of the right, which is currently on the rise across the globe right now? Did you even think about how this might affect those that live every single day of their life under threat?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Can somebody tell what website that article that got deleted was from? Is it just medium? Did medium link to something else? If this is against TOS I guess don't answer but I just like to know what sources to avoid.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Also.. Censorship isn't exclusive towards politics. Censorship doesn't belong in video games. Games can have as much politics in them as possible, but because video games are generally fictional products, issues and politics also should be fictional and not reflections of the creators. Simple.

Who do you think makes these games? Robots?

Oct 27, 2017

You don't know what you are talking about.

I will let someone else tell you why as I am tired of responding to people saying this over and over.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

Again, you ain't fooling anyone.
Enjoy your brief stay.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me the free publicity generated by this controversy is more valuable to Voidpoint and 3D Realms than their reputations and the inclusion of all gamers.

What a bunch of cunts

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I was impressed by 3DR apologizing, and was planning on picking up Ion Fury once it was patched out, so this is incredibly disappointing . Guess I'm skipping this game :/

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I'm not sure if you are capable of knowing how dumb this is. Stupid people usually don't realize they're stupid, you know.

Trust us, though. This is one of the dumbest fucking things ever posted on this forum.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

Just to make it clear, since you didn't seem to get what quite a few posters already have stated in response to your last post.

Nobody censored them.

May 17, 2018

Censorship doesn't belong in games.

UNLESS you're "putting politics" in it, in which case, please censor your game.

OK DUDE.

Jun 26, 2018
My list of game companies too fucked to ever buy from grows by two more. I've bought 3D realm games in the past, for shame.

you-just-made-the-list-gif-4.gif

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Now that the devs and 3D Realms lied about their plans to rectify the situation, I'm guessing they're not donating $10K to the Trevor Project out of the proceeds?

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I'm fine with the fictional facial cream. Less so with that hidden easter egg. Hope they at least change that one, despite the posturing.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really dumb hill to die on.

Reading that people where buying the game just to refund and negative review bomb it though is rough. Didn't Valve put in stuff to stop negative crap like that?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Impossible. Fictitional worlds or not, games are created by real life persons with real life political ideas an inspirations. Pretending otherwise it's just lying to yourself. Almost every thing we do is political, games, movie, literature... even something as simple as say, Sonic 1 for the Mega Drive has a real world political stance.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It takes a special kind of stupid, to take a great apology and throw it out of the window by doubling down on your initial stupidity.

Fuck. 3D Realms.. this is effin dissapointing.