kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Pfew, good thing they put the logo of the game all over the console and controller or I would keep forgetting on what game this limited edition was based on! Thnx Sony.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
People are complaining about the logo? Its fucking tiny and barely noticeable in most of the shots.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
it might be the best limited game edition PS4, up there with GOW's.

and i don't mind the logo on the front.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Wow that looks really nice actually. First time in awhile a limited edition actually looks nice. A splash of color would of made it slightly better to me but I like this.

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
I bought the special edition for FFVII remake and have TLOU part 2 and GOT special editions preordered so I'll have to pass up on this:( it looks really nice though!

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Hmm tempted... I already have a pro but it's a launch model and the UI is wickedly slow even after changing out the HDD and it constantly sounds like it's going to take off.

I say go for it. But enable alerts on your phone or something because that shit gonna be sold out everywhere within 5 minutes.

Personally I already have a 500M Pro LE and the old Uncharted 4 LE PS4, at some point that would be just too many lol

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I like the headset but I don't know if the Gold version is worth it or has good audio quality.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
$399? I guess that puts the PS5 at $499 then.
$399 includes special steelbook edition of the game.

EDIT: wait, its a hard drive? Wtf
unknown.png

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Those are some very good exchange rates to CAD and I really hope Sony keeps them for the PS5.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
As bad as most other PS4 limited edition consoles. Standard colour: Check. Stupid logo on the front: Check. Nice design that barely stands out because of a lack of use of colour: Check. Nothing to tie the design together: Check.

I continue to fail to understand how Sony can't seem to make an exciting limited edition console, they always have a nice core idea that is ruined by costcutting. Microsoft and Nintendo don't mind spending extra to use different coloured plastic, it's about time you did too Sony.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow that looks great. Shame we are so close to a new generation otherwise I'd definitely of got that

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's slightly tempting since I never got a pro but with the PS5 this year, it would be a dumb buy.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
The console design is nice looking. I much prefer this subtle look compared to other limited editions. The double decker pro is still kinda ugly tho.

The other things look corny in my opinion.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
$399? I guess that puts the PS5 at $499 then.
with a quick search I found this:
blog.us.playstation.com

Limited Edition Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle Out April 26th May 10th

This bundle includes a Limited Edition 500GB PS4 in Gray Blue featuring a silk-screened image of Nathan Drake, as well as a matching DualShock 4 and a copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on Blu-ray. The limited edition PS4 also features the PlayStation logo, Uncharted logo, and the phrase "SIC...

6 months later PS4pro was sold at the same price (with a price cut for the standard version, I guess)

which doesn't mean ps5 is gonna be 399$ as well, I'm just saying this doesn't imply anything

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Phew, glad it's not too amazing, just elegant. Didn't want to buy another Pro this close to the 5.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Don't like LE consoles to begin with, but definitely don't see the point at this point in a gen.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
If it comes with a 2TB external HDD then $399 is a pretty decent price and not indicative of PS5's at all.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
As bad as most other PS4 limited edition consoles. Standard colour: Check. Stupid logo on the front: Check. Nice design that barely stands out because of a lack of use of colour: Check. Nothing to tie the design together: Check.

I continue to fail to understand how Sony can't seem to make an exciting limited edition console, they always have a nice core idea that is ruined by costcutting. Microsoft and Nintendo don't mind spending extra to use different coloured plastic, it's about time you did too Sony.

maaaaybe has to do with the game's mood? hmmm yes.

Sony has done many colored PS4's.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I feel stupid for not seeing it, if it's quite clear, but that isn't an SSD hard drive thing is it?

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
The console looks fine but what's up with that ugly box though? Why is NA limited edition box often look so awful? Compared to LE JP box like this gem

s-l1600.jpg