Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Build in Micro is actualy pretty interesting. When he wrote 3d tempest sound, does that mean i can plug my Headset into the controler like the dualshock 4 to get that sound quality they show a GDC ?

Oct 28, 2017
L1FQTaE.jpg

This looks damn good, if Sony doesn't present a choice like this one will have to order a custom from SCUF

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
At least we can all stand together in solidarity and be thankful that the PS3 boomerang didn't happened.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
And the amount of empty and unused area looks ridiculous.
What unused area? The handles?

Pretty much my only worry with this controller is that it's quite busy. There's a whole lot of stuff crammed into the functional area of the controller and very little space. That worked mostly okay with the DS4, but this looks a little bit more crowded than that.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Try playing Modern Warfare or FFVIIR on that rectangle. :p Controllers have to evolve as gameplay and technology evolves, although non-VR controllers are definitely hitting a point where the improvements/new features are internal. It would be interesting if someone came up with a new controller type that really shook things up, much like how analog sticks improved controls significantly in many genres.
I'm not talking about that kind of changes and innovations. I'm talking about the people making a big deal about the stick placement. I actually welcome different types of controllers. I'm a Nintendo stan after all

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like people wouldn't buy it if they did. I think it's more iconic for Sony than a fan or design choice. It's an acceptable input that people can get along with.

What i'm saying is that it's something that would cause a lot of people to complain in a way that hasn't happened before. The PS brand is 25 years old. A lot has changed with the controller over time. We've seen rumble come and go, convex and concave analog sticks, triggers introduced, thickness of the controller change, motion controls etc. But the constant through all of that is the position of the analog sticks. The DualSense is the biggest change yet for their controllers, but they still aren't touching the stick position.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think the main issue is just the wacky two-tone colour scheme. I'm sure we'll see variants down the line.

I'll miss the resemblance to the classic Dual Shock controllers, but I'm sure this will be nice to use.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Ok, this is gonna make me go back and finish testing the thread for the rest of the mock ups....
When Sony finally releases pictures of the PS5 the internet might break.

I'm am concerned we won't be able to access the internet when Sony shows the PS5

Basically, lol. Look how fast this thread grew.
I see a picture in a picture thing and I cannot see it now...
Sticks for eyes and blue antennae ears
This is going to haunt me all next gen...with varying looks for the creature that I see (depending on color scheme)
49747503557_566da5ebc8_3k.jpg

Damn you....

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I have an Xbox 360 controller from around launch, a white Dual Shock 3 that Gmail tells me I purchased in 2009, and a white Dual Shock 4, and all of them look fine. Anyone who's seen a white DS3 will know that it's not messing around with the name - it's not cream or a really light beige or off-white or any of that, it's just white (in indoor light, anyway). It's currently unblemished over a decade after it was purchased.

The idea that this controller will get dirty quickly or change colour has come up repeatedly in this topic, but seems to be unfounded. It definitely can happen with some kinds of cheap plastics, but it hasn't happened to me on any first party games controller.

Good to know. Thanks.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Tweet has passed 200k likes

Currently the #3 most liked tweet gaming related from official accounts
  • #1 - Fortnite Chapter 2 Black Hole event (235k)
  • #2 - PS5 holiday 2020 reveal launch window (213k)
  • #3 - PS5 controller design reveal (200k and still up)

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
I kinda like it. Miss the multi-colored buttons but I'm fine with it otherwise.

Will be very interesting to see the console that matches these design anesthetics.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'm not talking about that kind of changes and innovations. I'm talking about the people making a big deal about the stick placement. I actually welcome different types of controllers. I'm a Nintendo stan after all

Lol yeah true, that's always been a silly argument to me. I wish Sony would just show some games, because nobody is going to care that the controller is two-tone or has the "wrong" stick placement if the actual games look amazing.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
wow, didn't expect that at all. VERY interesting.

I like it :0

Also, now I'm expecting the console to be white with black tones and a blue light.

Fanmade:

Higher res:
EVBwDxcXkAEnFOR

This looks nice. Anyone have a mock up with the buttons clear black but the icons white like the VIta and the PSP. The black on black looks a bit jarring.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people want the left thumb stick up where the d pad is. My thumb naturally falls right where the thumb stick is now

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Out of nowhere! Sony continues to play by their own rules.

Initial reaction, definitely wasn't expecting white. The more I look at it, the more I like the white. Not a fan of the black/white combo though.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why not? All consoles should be white for the original sku.
170405135318-sony-white-is-coming-780x439.jpg

Thanks, I hate it.

There's a gray version, but no black controller? Sony, don't be like this. I guess the Ocean Blue (?) is alright, but it will be sold separately, and I really don't want to shell out (I'll play it safe and guess) $90 for it. Don't make the console white, ugh.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
white and red/blue console?

that be cool looking