• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed all of the gameplay that was revealed years ago. The shooting was a bit rough around the edges, but everything about it was uniquely Giger. Definitely looking forward to finally getting my hands on it.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
This was in development years ago and then disappeared right? They produced similar trailers and never gameplay or any evidence an actual game existed?

There was like a 20 minute playthrough of it. I think they probably found that this generation's hardware couldn't do what they wanted to do (everything is a gun? or something). Interested to see what it looks like now in actual gameplay.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Looked pretty bad when gameplay was shown before. And then this one basically has no gameplay. Huh.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to know this still exists.

And it's not based directly on Giger's art, only his style. Unless they can point to a specific painting that was copied, there's no licensing or permissions required.

Oct 25, 2017
This was in development years ago and then disappeared right? They produced similar trailers and never gameplay or any evidence an actual game existed?
I'm a backer of their kickstarter from a million years ago. I'm surprised to see it featured here, I had basically written it off.

I played one of their early demos. Cool atmosphere, almost zero gameplay. Seemed to be mainly an environmental showcase. No idea how far the game has progressed since then, the dev does not really give meaningful updates. I think their last "hey I'm still alive" update was like 9 months ago. I hope being featured here means significant progress has been made.

It's very obviously inspired by the style of Giger. The whole thing is an homage to him. When I backed the project, it was mainly for artistic reasons.
But I hope by the time it releases they do manage to at least give it an engaging mystery/story to go along with those visuals. Cool environments can only take you so far. Hoping for the best!

Last edited:

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Cool. My interest in this game is still zero because I don't even know what genre it is.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It certainly caught my attention and has my curiosity,need to see what it actually is though as a game to decide

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, people. This game isn't new. There's zero chance that Giger and his estate didn't know about it. If anyone had any issues with it, they would have said something years ago.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I always got Scorn confused with that awful Agony game released a few years ago. Hopefully Scorn is way better of a game.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dark_Seed_Cover.jpg

darkseed 3 looking good

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
This game's art is amazing, even if it rips Geiger off so hard that it's practically begging for a lawsuit. It's not even remotely subtle, but fuck if it don't look good.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I knew about this game and while the lore and aesthetics look interesting I don't think I really cared for the gameplay from 2 years ago.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those tapestries are some of the most somber I've ever seen.

OK I'm activating a counter for these. I guess you could call it a... Geiger Counter...

The animation on some of these things was legitimately unsettling. I think they're doing something extremely cool with this aesthetic.

I don't think it's a ripoff because it's so obviously aware of that - it's homage and exploration of what Geiger's visuals could have meant in a real universe. Frankly I'd love to see someone do that with MC Escher too (monument valley notwithstanding)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is the almost the only thing they showed that I actually really cared about. Giger design is a mainline to my heart.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I switched to the EZA channel for their reactions and it took them a bit to realize it's Scorn. Pretty subdued reaction, the trailer didn't offer much though.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
That was one of the best things I've seen in a long ass time. It delivered more Geiger than Prometheus and Covenant combined. Not sure if the game will turn out good, but the trailer stands alone as phenomenal.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was disappointed that it wasn't Prometheus. There's influence, and then there's whatever this is. Like, specifically Alien/Prometheus, not just Geiger.

Looks cool though. but yeah, this ain't gameplay Bill Spencer

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I was excited for Scorn back in the day. I'm glad to see that it still exists. If that was all gameplay engine then this is going to be a grotesque treat for weirdos like me.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
OMG it's back!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS is the "Alien-prequel" we deserve, not shitty prometheus. (I know its not alien-related, but it def looks like it could be the space jockey/xeno homeworld.)

Dec 25, 2018
Love Giger's work, great to see this game heavily influenced by it still going, seems to be leaning heavier into it than any of the Alien sequels/prequels .

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
This game is now exclusive to Xbox Series X at launch, whatever that means for other platforms.

Last edited: