• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Streets of Rage 2 on Game Gear was definitely inferior to the Genesis/MegaDrive version, but dat portability

Max was the worst character anyway

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Indeed. Like, the old Ghostbusters game for NES that was complete ass? It's actually pretty decent on MS. Obviously not a great game, but definitely the best version of the game available.

did you know that Compile did both the Master System and Genesis/MD Ghostbusters games? probably why they're leagues better than all of the others (well, ok, maybe just marginally better than the HAL Ghostbusters II).

Oct 27, 2017
did you know that Compile did both the Master System and Genesis/MD Ghostbusters games? probably why they're leagues better than all of the others (well, ok, maybe just marginally better than the HAL Ghostbusters II).

No, didn't know. The MD game is kinda weird, as it doesn't really have anything to do with the movies, and the characters are all chibi :p

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Streets of Rage 2 on Game Gear was definitely inferior to the Genesis/MegaDrive version, but dat portability

Max was the worst character anyway
I played the Game Gear version of Streets of Rage 2 long before I ever played the Genesis version, and I could see why someone might prefer that version. It's quite solid for a portable game. Sure, it made plenty of compromises, but it's not compromised to the point that it's not fun to play or anything. Also, each character has a special (super?) movie that's exclusive to the Game Gear version of the game. I also have to say that the music is quite solid.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Okami for the Wii.

Really liked being allowed to draw attacks way faster than the PS2 version, and also the option to skip most of the text/cutscenes.
Drawing didn't always register, true... but it wasn't as awful/broken as some people claim either, and anyway it was so fast it was basically a non-issue to me.