• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Akshay came off like the most uninteresting person who ever lived lol. I wish he didn't become so much of a focus in the last few episodes.

I don't want to shit on him too much though, because man, Akshay's mom. Poor guy.

Vysar is awesome obviously. What a good dude.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
That was a good watch!

So many toxic things though, main one being akshayes mum lol. Some parents need to be put in their place

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Not Indian but watching it after seeing a ton of tweets about it over the past few days. On episode 3 now.. Aparna is.. a lot.

Nadia seems totally perfect -- my wife wonders if guys are just intimidated by her perfectness. I can't believe how shitty Vinay was to stand her up a second time?!

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The show is pretty interesting as an Indian myself. I actually didn't know that Indians in the states even use matchmakers.

As others have said, Vyasar is awesome. Dude deserves to find love. (real talk, he's very similar to me, which is surprising because I haven't met many Indians that are like me. Big guy, loud laugh, beard, nerdy as hell, but outgoing and friendly)

Nadia was just wonderful. She deserved way way more. Damn girl, if you're still having issues, call me up.

Aparna reminds me of my cousin...kind of a wet blanket and super particular about really inconsequential shit. She would be a handful to deal with.

Last edited:

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Cool to see the Guyanese representation in the show. I always feel left out in this kind of stuff. Shout out to the famous community bakery they showed off lol

EDIT: Wanted to add a little bit of info I heard from a friend that knows someone on the show. Don't have proof so I'll just hide it

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Akshay's mom flex with all those outfits, saris, and jewelry.. damn.

How much would you guess that is all worth in USD? 40k?

Last edited:

plus

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Aparna drove me insane. It's wild how negative people can be and her mother wasn't helping the situation at all

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Only on the second episode but Aparna is definitely super negative so far. I don't understand why she can't compromise - she'll never find anyone with her my way or the highway outlook on life.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
We just binged it all. Very enjoyable. A shame that it just sort of ends with a lot of loose threads but a matchmaker's work is never done I guess. I saw you guys reference Vyasar before we got to him — so cool he's here in Austin. It was fun to see it on screen.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
We (not Indian) watched the full season. Not every storyline is equally interesting and some seem to be halted rather abruptly. Akshay's mom is a terror obviously, but it does make for great TV. It's quite easy to see (and what I have also been told by Indian people that I work with / have worked with) that this shows only a very thin slice of Indian society. But yeah its pretty entertaining overall.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they basically drop Nadia and Pradhyuman as characters. Googling Pradhyuman, some suspected him as being gay as well.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some people on twitter very upset a show was made about a tradition that traumatized them (women being made to feel their ultimate goal is to marry).

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't know if I could handle a show like this right now. My parents are trying to force an arranged marriage on me and the mentions of emotional blackmail already make me weary. That sounds like my mom.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just finished it (also not Indian) and other criticisms aside, I thought the structure of the show was just confusing. Some of the most interesting people were just unceremoniously dropped without any explanation even when left on a cliffhanger. We'd go 2-3 episodes and realized they never offered any closure of people we spent 3-4 episodes with

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I'm curious. I'm really not into most reality TV, and I'm white as fuck. But I spent most of my middle school and high school years absolutely obsessed with Tellywood saas bahu serials. Would I enjoy this?

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Vyasar seemed like the only genuine guy on the show. I am indian and I have mixed feelings about the show. The criticism is valid and I thought the editing was off.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aparna came off like a horrible person and I feel bad for anyone that ends up with her.

Vyasar was awesome and deserves someone good.

Nadia does too. Can't believe that guy really stood her up twice. That excuse he gave her the first time was so flimsy I can't believe she gave him a second chance.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the social caste system ever addressed? Or is it only alluded to with euphemisms like "similar background" or "pedigree"?

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious. I'm really not into most reality TV, and I'm white as fuck. But I spent most of my middle school and high school years absolutely obsessed with Tellywood saas bahu serials. Would I enjoy this?
Thats so random. How does that even happen? Are you a secretly a middle aged desi aunty? I don't watch any reality tv but I did enjoy this. Try the first episode, i think after 30 mins youll know if its for you.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I think that's the key to enjoying this show without being overly critical. So much of what is being shown is, for better or worse, normal, and considerably accurate.
That's the best part. I rather it comes out instead of beating around the bush for a while like the Hasan Minhaj prom moment.

OP
OP
shounenka

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
So nice to see this series back on Netflix. Vishal did Nadia DIRTY tho. Was in a similar spot when I was 26 so I can relate, but still. Plus, she (sadly) kinda had it coming after the whole Shekar thing.