• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
You can't argue against it? The man got life in prison for leaving for writing a note.
Is this a joke? Are y'all seriously sympathizing with him? Is he the first man to get life sentence for death threat, terrorism hoax, hijacking hoax?

You can get life sentence for saying "I'm going to kill you". The intent is what matters. Who gives a fuck if there wasn't a bomb in the plane. Is it any different than a robbery with a fake gun?

KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE CRIME YOU'RE COMMITTING. When you eventually get caught, be ready to pay the price.

Nov 1, 2017
Dude, hijacking/death bomb threats/creating war with the neighbouring country. This ain't a joke. He practically frame Muslims and Pakistan for his heinous bullshit to get his dick wet.

Military won't take this as a joke. FAA won't take this as a joke. Death threats and bomb threats are instant life in prison because you not only caused terror for political reason, but you also cost millions, and there's no guarantee that he won't ACTUALLY blow up a plane to get his dick wet. He wanted the airline to go bankrupt, thousands of people lose jobs and livelihoods, have a political war with the neighbouring country, and probably a dozen jobless folks committing suicides, all of that can result from such terrible lie.

Know the severity of crime before you commit it. Don't ever pretend to be a terrorist, you'll be sent to life for one. Fuck him.
You can't argue against it? The man got life in prison for writing a note. Granted, I see the point of a harsh sentence because it scared a lot of people and there would be a small chance that someone could have gotten hurt in the hysteria, but he didn't really hurt anyone.

All he may have done was 'write a note' but his actions could have been very far reaching.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
You can't argue against it? The man got life in prison for writing a note. Granted, I see the point of a harsh sentence because it scared a lot of people and there would be a small chance that someone could have gotten hurt in the hysteria, but he didn't really hurt anyone.

Yeah let's ignore the fact he's framing Muslims.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Remember, most bomb threats are hoax. No one is carrying a bomb when making bomb threats. It's the act of threat that matters, not whether the bomb exists or doesn't exist.

In US (Massachusetts), bomb threat is 20 years in prison. They generally give 5-10 years, easy.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Lastly, don't fuck around with hijacking in India and other countries with capital punishment. You get life sentence or death penalty. He's lucky he's not hanging by the noose.

"He is the first person to be convicted under stringent anti-hijacking laws introduced in 2016, which allow for only two punishments for hijacking or threats to hijack: life or a death sentence."

Also:

"In most jurisdictions of the world, aircraft hijacking is punishable by life imprisonment or a lengthy prison sentence. In most jurisdictions where the death penalty is a legal punishment, aircraft hijacking is a capital crime, including in China, India, and the U.S. states of Georgia and Mississippi."

Nov 1, 2017
Is this a joke? Are y'all seriously sympathizing with him? Is he the first man to get life sentence for death threat, terrorism hoax, hijacking hoax?

You can get life sentence for saying "I'm going to kill you". The intent is what matters. Who gives a fuck if there wasn't a bomb in the plane. Is it any different than a robbery with a fake gun?

KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE CRIME YOU'RE COMMITTING. When you eventually get caught, be ready to pay the price.
A life sentence would be appropriate if he was actually a terrorist trying to hijack a plane. Not just an idiot who thought it would be a good idea to try to close down the airports to mess with his girlfriend without any real malicious intent. That's a big deal of course and could have unintended consequences, obviously... But putting a man in prison for the rest of his life for a hoax? That's a fate worse than death to me so yeah I'm a bit sympathetic.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Def deserves a legit sentence and time in prison, but I'm not sure I agree with life in prison.

Here in RI I believe the max for a false bomb threat is something like 10 years.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
A life sentence would be appropriate if he was actually a terrorist trying to hijack a plane. Not just an idiot who thought it would be a good idea to try to close down the airports to mess with his girlfriend without any real malicious intent. That's a big deal of course and could have unintended consequences, obviously... But putting a man in prison for the rest of his life for a hoax? That's a fate worse than death to me so yeah I'm a bit sympathetic.
He practically wrote that he has hijacked the plane. Hijacking (fake or real) a plane is death penalty. If you say you've hijacked the plane, then why believe otherwise? Everyone involved in this scenario was hijacked, whether he was present in the aircraft or not.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Def deserves a legit sentence and time in prison, but I'm not sure I agree with life in prison.

Here in RI I believe the max for a false bomb threat is something like 10 years.
The issue is not bomb threat. The issue is hijacking the plane. He probably cooked up a lot of charges against him, one for each person in the plane, millions of dollars lost, potentially bankrupting the airline, and more.

If bomb threat got him 10 years, hijacking a plane and fucking with the military will be a cumulative effect. He probably had dozens of charges against him for every person in the plane that he hijacked.

Do you as a passenger want random stooges to get away with hijack hoax? I'll ask you when you're in the sky and they announce your plane is hijacked and there are bombs, and we might go to Pakistan to be slaughtered by terrorists.

Plane (lol) and simple, it's hijacking, whether you're in the plane or not.

Allah O'Akbar, indeed. Y'all need to see Speed once more lol.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
This guy is married twice and I can't find one person to go on more than 2 dates lol

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
They don't mess around with sentencing. Damn. Dude sounds like he's in desperate need of mental health care.

My man, you gotta let the side piece have a job.
I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google this. I've only ever heard that term used to describe a firearm.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
.. well I think this is a harsher than needed ... in other news jet airways (the airline he was trying to shutdown) is has been temporary suspended for a while now. They're looking for buyers. (It had financial issues etc independant of this i believe)

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The guy has two wives. Under the new legislation they drafted in 2016, its life or the death penalty for hijacking or the threat of hijacking. Even as a hoax or prank, don't feel sorry for him. That's some serious shit.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People don't think a life sentence for calling in a fake terrorist threat is justified?
Life in prison is a pretty harsh sentence. You get less for many forms of actual homicide.

Would 10-30 years not have been enough?

I don't have sympathy for him by any means. But I do think life sentences should be fitting. And here it's really not.

He will literally never live a free life again for writing that note despite causing no physical bodily harm to anyone.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ.
Guy absolutely deserves life in prison, it isn't too harsh at all.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Do you as a passenger want random stooges to get away with hijack hoax?

This is a ridiculous question when I already said he deserves hard jail time. lol

I also still think something like a 30 year sentence totally makes sense here. People in the US commit murders and rapes and all sorts of heinous things and get less than a life sentence.

Obviously this isn't America so the two options were life in prison or the death penalty, but had this occurred somewhere with a broader range of sentencing options, I'd hope we'd go for the option that'd leave some chance for rehabilitation within the prison system for a stupid stupid crime that ultimately affected a lot of people.

But ultimately that depends on how you view America's prison system and what it should be.

Tho like I said, none of that matters here since it's not the US. The two options were death and life in prison. This dude did something intensely fucking stupid, and now he's gonna pay the price for it. He should be grateful he avoided the death sentence. =/

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what his master plan is to break out of jail.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland

And people who commit swatting crimes are only making a phone call ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can be as reductive as you want, but clearly it was more than just writing a note..

robox

Nov 10, 2017
I have no sympathy for the guy. In a post 911 world and it's oversensitive security theatre, you ought to know you can't even joke about these things. He also ruined travel plans of everyone on the plane. I'd be livid if I were on that plane but thinking of his dumbass idea just makes me angry.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
The court heard that Salla hoped the airline would close as a result of the hoax in October 2017, leaving his girlfriend jobless and free to enjoy his company more often.

giphy.gif

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is just about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. The guy is an ass, too.
But if it were up to me I would have given him six months, max.