• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s your opinion on Incredibles 2?

• Awesome movie. One of my top 5 Pixar.

Votes: 73 8.4%
  • It was really good but I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to watch it again

Votes: 245 28.0%
  • It was fine. Just a movie.

Votes: 313 35.8%
  • It was forgettable and unnecessary

Votes: 217 24.8%
  • It’s no Into the Spiderverse...

Votes: 170 19.5%

• Total voters

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
There was a mishmash of good ideas in here that needed some extra time in the oven in script polish. The idea of overdone superhero attachment could have been a much cooler commentary on a number of levels. Also feel like Giacchino kinda played it safe and phoned in this one which was my biggest disappointment, TBQH, as I absolutely adore the OST of the original.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Just caught this on Netflix the other day and was not impressed. It was OK and that's just largely due to the action setpieces which I found fun and kinetic. Literally everything else from the script to the characters to the plot to the villain to the music was subpar for me, at best.

A sequel like this would usually kill the series for me where I don't care to watch the next, but I'm still hoping for a timeskip look at the Incredibles family. Let's get past the "who's looking after the kid(s)" and "mom and dad get fooled by evil human" plots and let's get full comic book fun.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was kind of pointless tbh.

After the first movie it looked like the family was on the same page and everyone was in their element so from the sequel I expected them to be seasoned heroes, or at least more competent than in the first film.

But nope, they just took a giant step back and essentially reused the same story.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Watched it on Netflix fairly recently. I liked it more than I expected to. Fully came into this expecting a Monsters University/Finding Dory sort of blandness, but I'm surprised how much of the original's identity it kept intact. The retro modernity is a joy to look at, the spy themes and ambience were AMAZING, and the action is better than it's ever been.

I do agree that a lot of characters clearly had nothing to do, but my biggest disappointment is Elastigirl to be honest. She was great in the moment, but by the end I'm just sitting there like "did her character arc even have a point?" Mr. Incredible had a pretty sweet arc, but I don't feel like Elastigirl personally gained anything by the end of the movie. The baby was actually pretty adorable. The slapstick wasn't anywhere neeeaar the "hurr Minion humour" type of thing that some people where being hyperbolic about. Violet and Dash's roles felt very auxiliary and reduced from the first movie. Dash in particular became an annoying parody of what he used to be. Frozone and Edna were great as usual. Some of the new characters were great.

WHAT THE FUCK are those F-level super hero designs. Soooo fucking ugly. Just one of them alone looks like they got teleported from a different universe, but having them juxtaposed against one another is just a clusterfuck of colours. They feel like leftover sketch scraps that they decided to throw in the movie because they ran out of of time.

I actually kinda dig the main villain. Great idea, background, and personality, but they reaaaally needed to make it a bit more personal to reach the heights of Syndrome. Definitely needed more bonding moments and red herrings to make that final revelation a surprise that really stings.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kinda dig the main villain. Great idea, background, and personality, but they reaaaally needed to make it a bit more personal to reach the heights of Syndrome. Definitely needed more bonding moments and red herrings to make that final revelation a surprise that really stings.
It felt like there was some red herrings to the brother like maybe he invented a villain to justify heroes but they firmly established he's good at business but not a genius otherwise sooooooo

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
i thought part 1 was kinda boring so i haven't been able to get through the first 30 minutes of the sequel.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Into the Spider-verse kinda ate this movie's lunch for a lot of people, so it comes off as worse than it actually is. I walked away thinking Incredibles 2's plot was a pretty weak and unpolished, but that its actions scenes were the best Pixar has ever put together and was definitely worth it for that alone. But then Spiderman's action scenes were somehow even more amazing to look at, so I kinda forgot about the awesome stuff in this film. I should probably rewatch it.