SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The first two are factual, unless you perceive time in a inhuman manner, but the last one is not untrue.

Like CV, RE0 or the Rev games, I think RE3 will just kind be there. (I didn't mention RE6 here because it's very much remembered, only for the wrong reasons)

And it really is a shame. REmake 1 and REmake 2 are not only remembered as top tier RE games, but also as top tier remakes. While REmake 3 will struggle to be remembered in top10 lists by this year's end.

Jill and Nicholai were the only true great things that came out of it. Nemesis? I remember I created a thread asking if people would use a mod to remove it from the game. Well, that aged badly as there is no need for such thing. Imagine that... he should have been a top tier stalker, and the reality is that he can barely be called that. More than cut content, what RE3 remake cut was the very heart of what made RE3 RE3. And there is no hope for any future change or improvement. This is it.

Something that gives you no reason to remember it, even if you liked it.

b60ea0c3391add539b9ffe512394d8047cfbb7c3.gifv

Goodbye Jill.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they nailed the remake a little too well, am I right?

Last edited:

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
Game was honestly kind of dull and disappointing. Beat it once and never went back.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Better than RE2 to me. A condensed, highly replayable, thrilling action movie of a game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sounds like any game this year really. Besides Animal Crossing

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
kind of wish at was a next gen launch title with added content. Would have made it feel more special.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
I think it came out too soon after 2. It's amazing they got it out so quick but let the hype build more.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wont start this until I am done with my rpgs. Haven't forgot about it.... just busy. Is OG Jill outfit available for purchase yet?

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think it's because no one really loved it , harder to remember games that aren't OMG amazing. Also 2020 has been like a decade worth of shitty news so people have other priorities.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Kinda like the original tbh. Not discrediting any critic towards the Remake but it does feel weirdly similiar.

Hopefully RE8 will be as baller as RE4 following that pattern lol

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
It looked super good, and the transitions from cutscenes to gameplay might be the best this gen but..................

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 3 is great for what it is and most who played it seemed generally positive on it, but it's hard to overlook the shortcomings of it compared to Resident Evil 2.

Resident Evil 2 is everything Resident Evil 3 is, just far bigger, better story and better replayability.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
The first two are factual, unless you perceive time in a inhuman manner, but the last one is not untrue.

Like CV, RE0 or the Rev games, I think RE3 will just kind be there. (I didn't mention RE6 here because it's very much remembered, only for the wrong reasons)

And it really is a shame. REmake 1 and REmake 2 are not only remembered as top tier RE games, but also as top tier remakes. While REmake 3 will struggle to be remembered in top10 lists by this year's end.

Jill and Nicholai were the only true great things that came out of it. Nemesis? I remember I created a thread asking if people would use a mod to remove it from the game. Well, that aged badly as there is no need for such thing. Imagine that... he should have been a top tier stalker, and the reality is that he can barely be called that. More than cut content, what RE3 remake cut was the very heart of what made RE3 RE3. And there is no hope for any future change or improvement. This is it.

Something that gives you no reason to remember it, even if you liked it.

b60ea0c3391add539b9ffe512394d8047cfbb7c3.gifv

Goodbye Jill.

RE3 was 100% forgotten in the sense there is essentially zero interest around it unlike say FF7R which is still going very strong. RE players by and large only talk about 2 or are excited for the imminent announcement of 8.

Damn shame, but I was skeptical about its fast dev time from Day 1. And the demo cemented my fears that it would be eclipsed by 2.

Average games deserve to be forgotten, though. So long.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we get these threads for every single player game.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best of the "current gen trilogy", followed by RE7. Not a fan of 2.

Though I do think it sharing so much with 2 did drag it down a little. I wish it felt more unique. I hope we never have look at this exact same UI from RE7 again.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So it was an average video game instead of something far more than that like RE2 remake. My main issue with the game is that Nemesis as a true stalker enemy is basically non-existent in this game. Other than that (which admittedly is a pretty glaring issue) I thought it was a totally fine game.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not as if most RE games aren't forgotten after a few months. A game in the exact same mold as RE2 was never going to have the same impact that RE2 did. I suspect that Final Fantasy 7 Part 2 will probably drop with a lot less fanfare as well.

Imagine though if this had been merged into a Raccoon City Disaster megapack, where you got to switch between Leon, Jill, and Claire all within the same narrative. That would have been pretty cool.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
RE3 was 100% forgotten in the sense there is essentially zero interest around it unlike say FF7R which is still going very strong. RE players by and large only talk about 2 or are excited for the imminent announcement of 8.

Damn shame, but I was skeptical about its fast dev time from Day 1. And the demo cemented my fears that it would be eclipsed by 2.

Average games deserve to be forgotten, though. So long.

It got 3 years of dev time, it wasn't rushed.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
there was a wave of sophists claiming it was the best one or that it was the most well known of the bunch in the lead up to it but they've mostly dissipated.
They probably grew up with it so nostalgia played a huge part in that dellusion. I've always hated RE3, the Remake was okay but overpriced as hell

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I didn't forget it at all. It was extremely fun and well made and great for replays. There was nothing average about it.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Hit the nail on the head OP. It was odd leading up to this release. I just did not have the feeling I had with the anticipation for RE2R. That being said I was still excited. First play through, I thought it was really good, but every subsequent play through I got more and more bored with it. It's truly a disposable game. I mean I have not picked it up in well over a month and have no plans to any time soon. Disappointed is an understatement. Where I LOVE RE2R, have beaten it over 20+ times, and have no problem popping it on to kill 2 hours. RE3R does nothing for me in the slightest. It truly is just kinda there. Sad.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Before the release I remember people saying that the city was gonna be a bit more open, but for some reason the city exploration feels more constrained than the original? It feels like the demo was actually most of what we could explore and we see less of the city streets

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
who forgot it, what

people are talking about it here regularly.

It was a great game.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
In a console release year along with a once in a lifetime pandemic and international protests. Yeah, we forgot about a lot of shit this year and we ain't even at the half way mark.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
there was a wave of sophists claiming it was the best one or that it was the most well known of the bunch in the lead up to it but they've mostly dissipated.
They probably grew up with it so nostalgia played a huge part in that dellusion. I've always hated RE3, the Remake was okay but overpriced as hell

Nah, the original is still all of those things. The remake just deserved to be so much more to live up to it.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Other games came out and took over the public consciousness, it's not really a big surprise.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I just posted this on the OT.

Ok. Just finished the game on hardcore for the second time and I'm disappointed on some aspects of the game.

First and foremost is the representation of Raccoon City. What we got on this game is barely 10% of the original RE3... A total bummer. The city is just two small.

The game starts too fast. In the first 5 minutes you encounter Nemesis, Brad, Carlos and Mikhail. It feels rushed. On the original you don't see Nemesis until he kills Brad. I like when the main antagonist doesn't meet his/her pray well into the story(See The Terminator, Alien, Predator, etc).

Too much action. The horde zombie section and the first part seems straight from RE6. In the original, the game is more slower akin RE2.

Too disconnected. In the original you could roam all Raccoon city(which was wayyyyy bigger) and the police station at your leisure. Same with the section after the train escape(park, water plant)

Here you can't, the police station is cut off from Raccoon city, the sewers too, the hospital too and NEst 2 too.