• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Elder Scrolls VI is coming in 2019. The flop of Fallout 76 makes a hit more essential for Bethesda, and I expect them to accelerate development of ESVI. (This was my prediction from 2016 and 2017...)

Okay so

Is this literally the worst prediction in the history of gaming in terms of probability of being correct?

Does... Pachter not know how game development works?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-02-what-lies-ahead-analysts-make-2019-predictions

*Elder, not Elders, bad title typing, sorry!

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it wouldn't be the first time Bethesda pushes a rushed game out the door so anything is possible

Oct 26, 2017
That's just plain misinformation on his part.

Unless ESVI is somehow a hyper early access game (lol nope, never happening that way)

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
But he said in the article he predicted ES VI in 2016, 17, and 18. Like it's not even new for him

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah I can't arguee with that

Wasn't that game that was still in GDD state when it was announced ?

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Did the article just confirm he expect Switch to sell 13M the year? (so 4M during the holidays)

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I would expect them to focus more on Starfield. ESVI isn't that far along at all in dev.

One thing they could do is do re-release in the vein of Skyrim SE for Fallout 3 and New Vegas for next-gen.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He's trolling at this point.

Also Bethesda are planning on getting Starfield (2020) out of the gate before TESVI even enters production.

trashkitty

Oct 30, 2017
If they were to rush something out of the door this year I'd probably see that being Starfield more than this.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They might have based on how they pushed out Fallout 76 in such a disastrous state but after that backlash and all the press over all their games being a broken mess I hope they learn and make sure this title is not dogshit.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Does he think Bethesda can just conjure what a lot of people expect to be an exceptional quality game within the company's flagship IP out of thin air?

If so this man is more out of touch that I ever thought.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely.

Seems like he really needs the attention, thats the only way i can explain such predictions.

ChewbieFR

Nov 3, 2018
How can one be so wrong? Why people give this man any credit.
Besides Starfield is expected to launch before TES VI, so that would mean it's nearly gold

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
The hell is he smoking? The game is barely is barely in pre-production the last we heard of it. There is literally zero chance it comes out this year, and probably not next year either. 2021 at the minimum.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
He also states that the Switch is tracking for 13 million in sales this FY, which is just plain wrong.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rush it out so that it'll be an even bigger broken mess than usual. Brilliant.

I doubt development has even properly started for TES VI yet. They're working on Starfield.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha - Pachter making analysts look lazy as fuck with this prediction.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if you guys was around for the nintendo MEGATON prediction. Nothing can top that.

This is actually possible

Not probable

Also they could put Starfield on the backburner for a guaranteed hit like ES to make up for the loss of FO76. Even if it is bad, it will still make money

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's being developed for next gen machines right?

So either next gen is coming much sooner than many of us thought (hopefully not) or Patcher is just talking tripe.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still don't know why people got hyped for TESVI when they straight up said it wasn't even entering production until their next game is done, and their next game is so early in development it has a trailer of just a logo and some noises.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I would hope this would be a launch title for next gen consoles..