Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Def gonna try this. Had an impossible burger for the first time last year and it's def not bad, not real meat good but something I'd cook with at home time to time. Wish we had beyond meat in Europe.

Oct 26, 2017
The vegans I know— of which a few are immediate family members
(but who the fuck cares?)
— became vegans for ethical reasons as well, mainly regarding the treatment of animals. Meaning they don't want to consume animal flesh, so a plant-based meat alternative that is meant to mimic the taste and texture of meat from an animal is of zero interest to them. that's what I was saying.

There are certainly a decent number of people like this, but then there are others (like myself) who would have had a much more difficult time transitioning to veganism without meat alternatives and substitutes.

Personally I view meat and animal produce consumption as an addiction. Its something we are conditioned into from a young age, and even though we all deep down know it is cruel and unnecessary (omitting situations where there is no alternative, such as 2nd or 3rd world countries etc.), we don't wish to give it up due to our own enjoyment or for the hassle of having to change our lifestyles. And you know what, I don't blame anyone for that. It's what humans do. We are lazy and selfish by nature, and making a radical lifestyle such as a switch to Veganism is difficult.

I believe that the advent of realistic meat substitutes is the way forward because it allows people to consume in a much more ethical and fair way, without having to drastically alter their diets or lifestyles. I think this is a much more simple and realistic way of "converting" people to a plant based diet, and so even if there are many ethical vegans who are not interested in the products due to an actual revulsion to meat and meat-like flavours (Which is also legitimate, I know people like this), they should still be interested in and supportive of the products on a wider scale because they undoubtedly will help move society away from the current dependency on animal produce.

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
They once served me Fake Meat sausages, the structure is fine but the taste is worse than real meat. And more dry. Tried a vega "Rookworst", doesn't taste as great as a real one but if you put it in "Erwtensoep" it just tastes fine.
But my wife is a vegetarian because of the way animals are treated and because she doesn't like the taste of meat, so this kind of products aren't for her.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also that salt

e: note you will typically be adding salt to this pork once you eat it so its not actually 75mg

Q3OtI5W.png

GOD MOTHER EFFING DAMN

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
So much overreaction on that 420MG sodium.

While you guys eating ramen and chips without checking sodium contents lol.